Know anyone with a disease? Read this

Yes, and I'm absolutely picking on you. Now, why bring up race?

You can't pick on me, it's not possible. You would end up with a wedgie and a swirly.

Whose talking about race you're the one that "knows" a black guy.

Well I gotta go, conversing with you scares the ladies off. Enjoy your weekend at the Cracker Barrel.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

You can't pick on me, it's not possible. You would end up with a wedgie and a swirly.

Whose talking about race you're the one that "knows" a black guy.

Well I gotta go, conversing with you scares the ladies off. Enjoy your weekend at the Cracker Barrel.

I never said anything of the sort unless it was said totally in jest, mocking someone else. Why is it so important to you to keep bringing up the ladies? Are you really that insecure or are you trying to convince yourself of something?

I never said anything of the sort unless it was said totally in jest, mocking someone else. Why is it so important to you to keep bringing up the ladies? Are you really that insecure or are you trying to convince yourself of something?

You work at the Cracker Barrel?

Shut up idiot.

Walter Sobchak --- LABillsfan

The dude -- me

Donny. ---- 3rdandlng (always out of his element)

Jesus --- BBB (probably touches kids)

Maude --- blzrule

The big lebowski -- chef Jim

Phillip Seymore Hoffman --- deranged rhino

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Walter Sobchak --- LABillsfan

The dude -- me

Donny. ---- 3rdandlng (always out of his element)

Jesus --- BBB

Maude --- blzrule

The big lebowski -- chef Jim

Phillip Seymore Hoffman --- deranged rhino

You're hardly The Dude. You're more like the nihilist "(*^*&%^$^#with a nine-toed woman."

I don't recall that at all. It doesn't strike me as something I would have done (at least the locking the thread part), but if that was the case, I apologize.

Thanks.

If it was in PPP I wouldn't have touched it. If it was in OTW and it was going political I would have moved it over here.

I would only use the lock feature for redundant threads or new threads during games.

Maybe I was high and hit the wrong button.

Haha - that must have been it! It was in OTW, for sure, because crazy guy kept telling me to go down to PPP where he was really going to beat me up.

Thanks.

Haha - that must have been it! It was in OTW, for sure, because crazy guy kept telling me to go down to PPP where he was really going to beat me up.

Sounds like me...but I'm not pro-marijuana, for obvious Tom Petty related reasons.

I guess my work here is done. I went back and looked at very early posts in this thread and y'all have come a very long way toward comprehension. I don't think there are actually any non-believers left...well, except for the earlier mentioned morons.

So, if anyone has any cannabis related questions I will try to help but otherwise, I consider you all educated on the cannabis plant. Good luck.

Here is the original posting. Many of you were incredulous at the time. Good to see most have come to accept the medical possibilities.

Note that some of the links may no longer work. It was a couple of years ago.

(Apologies to those that saw these links in the recent marijuana thread as some on the first page of this thread are just repeats.)

I know NY recently approved medical cannabis and I thought I would post some helpful information as in Michigan we have covered much of the same ground in the last few years.

It is apparent that many posting here don't believe that cannabis can be real medicine. That is understandable given that was what most all of us were taught all of our lives. Please try to have an open mind. I promise you that you will learn a great deal.

Please check out the recent thread here on marijuana related problems increasing. http://forums.twobil...the-rise-in-us/ Look for my super intelligent comments starting on page 6 of that thread :)

Seriously though, this is important. I am selling nothing but I feel like I should try to spread this knowledge. No joke.

Please, if you know anyone with a chronic illness, check out this video. It will be worth it. The first couple of minutes are not representative of the rest of the documentary. You needn't watch the whole hour in one sitting. It is simply amazing

https://www.youtube....h?v=XfO_MpDm5kc

Edit: Seems that video link is no longer working. These documentaries are pretty good. Try them instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYA9EpVB2qo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aTbnO9I-TU

Here is one of the postings from the recent marijuana thread here. I hope the links work.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:49 AM
Medical Cannabis has been legal in Michigan for several years. It can be a very effective medicine which has few side effects when compared to many prescription medicines. Anyone taking medication long term knows that you have to be able to tolerate the side effects of the medication in order for it to help. If you think that there are no medical benefits to cannabis beyond preventing nausea, you really need to read some more recent research because you truly could not be more mistaken.

Cannabinoids are molecules found in cannabis. There are about 85 discovered so far, only 1 of which is the much feared THC. Cannabis is effective in treating so many medical ailments because the cannabinoid molecules from the plant are nearly identical to molecules created within our own bodies called endo-cannabinoids. Through recent research we have learned that the body creates an entire network of endo-cannabinoid molecules and cannabinoid receptors in order to transfer messages between cells. The similarity of plant and animal molecules is merely a coincidence of nature but one that allows the plant to stand in and to supply the missing messenger molecules if needed.

When there is a disruption in the body's ability to create endocannabinoids, important signals don't get through and a whole host of health problems can develop. The missed message may be to stop feeding a cell that is scheduled to die. If the cannabinoid molecule is not present to pass that signal along, cells may not die when they are designed to and they can divide and metastasize out of control leading to a cancerous tumor.

The message that is missing may be to slow down the number or rate of signals to a brain or peripheral nerve cell. Perhaps they are overloaded. This is what can happen with epileptic seizures or chronic pain from damaged nerves. Missing messages can affect nearly every organ in the body.

See the website from GW Pharmaceuticals http://www.gwpharm.com and go the 'R&D' tab at the top. See the 'Product Pipeline' and the 'Therapeutic Areas' sections on the left. You very well may be amazed at the medical possibilities. By the way, this company's stock, GWPH on the Nasdaq, is up about 10 fold in the past year or so. Those are real dollars betting on the potential medicines to be extracted from the cannabis plant.

If nothing else, please take the time to scan just the table of contents from this 2006 research report on the therapeutic possibilities of cannabinoids. It may be information that would allow you to help a sick friend or relative, or possibly even yourself.

http://pharmrev.aspe...9.full.pdf html

A Glossary to Help in Deciphering the Research Studies

Thanks to poster 'in vivo' at the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association board, here is a glossary of terms with wiki links. The research reports that I link to (below) use a lot of unfamiliar terms, at least to most of us. You might find this helpful.

http://michiganmedic...44364-glossary/

Mentioned among many other maladies are diabetes, Parkinsons, arthritis, cancer, Alzheimers, asthma, IBS, hypertension, and psychiatric illness. This report is from 2006 and we have learned a lot since then. More research is desperately needed but it appears very promising that cannabis may be able to treat many illnesses.

It makes some sense that many diseases that have confounded researchers over the past 75 years are linked to cannabinoids. Due to governments' prohibition of cannabis, research on the plant and cannabinoids have basically been forbidden for those same 75 years.

Edited by Bob in Mich

You're hardly The Dude. You're more like the nihilist "(*^*&%^$^#with a nine-toed woman."

So which one of you shmos want to be the dude then ?

I don't see another dude around Hea. Joesixpack ?

ChPGi0hWgAAIGkO.jpg

Just opened up a gym in California for pot smokers! Run Ricky run !

I guess my work here is done. I went back and looked at very early posts in this thread and y'all have come a very long way toward comprehension. I don't think there are actually any non-believers left...well, except for the earlier mentioned morons.

So, if anyone has any cannabis related questions I will try to help but otherwise, I consider you all educated on the cannabis plant. Good luck.

Here is the original posting. Many of you were incredulous at the time. Good to see most have come to accept the medical possibilities.

Note that some of the links may no longer work. It was a couple of years ago.

Seriously? No one was incredulous. We just didn't care all that much, and have been mocking your evangalism. If anyone here read anything you linked to, I'd be amazed.

I have a cannabis related question. Why does anyone who smokes it turn into a moron who can never ever criticize its use under any circumstances?

Sounds like "The Dude" is a little sensitive. Just keep tooting your horn, calling people idiots and telling them to shut up. That'll do you well here.

It's only you Bozo. Pay attention. Keep that imagination in check.

You're the main idiot, but truth on holds in the convo.

Keep cheerleading and looking to others for strength.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It's only you Bozo. Pay attention. Keep that imagination in check.

You're the main idiot, but truth on holds in the convo.

Keep cheerleading and looking to others for strength.

Maybe you should think twice about posting when you are high. Your nonsense is pathetic. Tell us all again about all the ass you are getting and the money it provides you.

Maybe you should think twice about posting when you are high. Your nonsense is pathetic. Tell us all again about all the ass you are getting and the money it provides you.

3rd on hold. Repeat yourself 30 more times.

You're a sorry little B word aren't ya. Let the big boys talk then you can write another cheerleading post extolling how evil and rough it is in PPP. Lame ass fanboy.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

3rd on hold. Repeat yourself 30 more times.

You're a sorry little B word aren't ya. Let the big boys talk then you can write another cheerleading post extolling how evil and rough it is in PPP. Lame ass fanboy.

I was going to say that maybe you should think thrice (that's 3 times) when you are high but that might be discounting the premise that you are really just plain stupid, high or not.