Know anyone with a disease? Read this

It is an insincere question I believe but just in case I am misreading you I will answer the cyclosporine question

For most of the lives of anyone over 10 years old, marijuana has been vilified by our government, and thus by teachers in our schools. People have been told for years that this is a recreational substance that was dangerous and should be avoided....just say no to drugs included cannabis.

Today we are learning that it has tremendous medicinal potential. So it is necessary to explain that duality to some children that have gotten mixed messages over time. Should they think someone they know that uses cannabis is still a good person or are now they bad?

Cyclosporine has never been included as recreational or bad when children were taught to 'just say no to drugs'.

Do you honestly think that your average 12 year old child will think someone is "bad" for using Doctor-prescribed marijuana?

Do you recognize how many illicit pills are being distributed in middle and high schools across the country? Between Oxycodone and Adderall, these kids are no strangers to the difference between taking medicine you need and using medicine for off-label and potentially dangerous purposes.

The main reason I ask is because aren't you doing the same thing the government did? Hearts and minds, get them while they're young?

Have you talked to your kids about popping Adderalls because they forgot to study for their History test?

Edited by FireChan

California likely has the most lenient medical cannabis qualification criteria in the country. Jim, you shouldn't assume the process is the same everywhere. It is not.

In NY the names of doctors able to qualify patients for cannabis are not even known to the public. Patients must be referred to these cannabis doctors by their existing doctor. It is not at all easy to qualify in many states.

Do you honestly think that your average 12 year old child will think someone is "bad" for using Doctor-prescribed marijuana?

How would the average 12 year old know that someone they would see smoking cannabis had a prescription to use it? They may see Uncle Jim smoking pot in his car and assume he is bad, like they said in 6th grade Science class.

Edited by Bob in Mich

California likely has the most lenient medical cannabis qualification criteria in the country. Jim, you shouldn't assume the process is the same everywhere. It is not.

In NY the names of doctors able to qualify patients for cannabis are not even known to the public. Patients must be referred to these cannabis doctors by their existing doctor. It is not at all easy to qualify in many states.

How would the average 12 year old know that someone they would see smoking cannabis had a prescription to use it? They may see Uncle Jim smoking pot in his car and assume he is bad, like they said in 6th grade Science class.

Hey Bob where exactly do you want the country to move on the issue? I for one would be happy if on he federal level they knocked it down from a schedule 1 drug to a schedule 3 or 4 drug

Of course I would like medical use to be legal across the country - descheduling would be ideal, but at least down to a 3 to start.

I would love to see some program to actually educate existing doctors about the endo-cannabinoid system. Today most do not understand much about this critical cellular communications network. They are very slow to adopt because many are just ignorant and thus hesitant to recommend what they do not really understand.

I would like to see cannabis be option 1 in treating many medical (blood pressure, blood sugar, epilepsy, skin cancers, etc) conditions rather than a last resort. It is the least toxic prescription option in most every case. It is likely the least expensive option too. Nudging your body to use its own natural mechanisms to deal with health issues seems to make sense to me. Of course, monetary interests are fighting against cannabis medicine

This is what happens when a bunch of stoners try their hand at marketing. A word of advice. Try to refrain from indulging in your product before creating a commercial for it.

:lol::lol:

...Perhaps unsurprisingly, I found this ad quite funny. It just needed some more Tom Petty.

How would the average 12 year old know that someone they would see popping pills had a prescription?

Assume their family member is "bad?" Holy smokes.

Edited by FireChan

Let's clap it up for Illinois.

17th state to decriminalize marijuana possession.

Govt could make 28 billion a year off Marijuana sale/tax. Hmmmmm, who needs that kinda revenue?

Government approval will not release you from your pot guilt.

Govt could make 28 billion a year off Marijuana sale/tax. Hmmmmm, who needs that kinda revenue?

Not the government. I think they have more than they need. You, of all peole, would agree with that. So you feel legalization is a great way to redistribute wealth??

Not the government. I think they have more than they need. You, of all peole, would agree with that. So you feel legalization is a great way to redistribute wealth??

It's free money for the govt to pay teachers, police, firefighters, etc with. Easy A.

Reduce the taxes I pay with this windfall puleeeeze.

Government approval will not release you from your pot guilt.

Anti pot guy is a funny bit. Real relevant this century. Powder that wig homie. Edited by Ryan L Billz

It's free money for the govt to pay teachers, police, firefighters, etc with. Easy A.

Reduce the taxes I pay with this windfall puleeeeze.

You may turn in your conservative smaller government card now. Calling taxes free money is even stupider than calling college paid for by the tax payer free. I hate it when the firsts words out a pro pot person's mouth is "tax the crap out of it!"

I'm all for it. Tax the stoners; Not only do you finally make them contributing members of society, but it's that much less spent on Tom Petty "music."