Know anyone with a disease? Read this

What happened to the "overdosed" kids ?

Did they start looking for chicken fingers ?

They were cured of all their diseases, and went and bragged to everybody about how special they are because they're stoned.

So they're really, really healthy now, but they're !@#$s.

When you ingest an extract or eat an infused medible such as a brownie, you must wait for about 90 minutes or so to know if it is the proper dosage. The usual reason someone takes a stronger dose than they wanted is because they ate the medicine and it is difficult to know the proper dose until you have used it a few times. Uniquely, cannabis cannot kill with an overdose so one can safely learn their proper dosage through trials.

A cannabis overdose can surely scare a new user though. Cannabis concentrates are extremely powerful. The patient may get nervous thinking that they took too much and now are going to die, but that is just imagination and anxiety working together. Help them to relax and the effects will soon pass. The anxiety attack is why people end up in the emergency room.

When you ingest an extract or eat an infused medible such as a brownie, you must wait for about 90 minutes or so to know if it is the proper dosage. The usual reason someone takes a stronger dose than they wanted is because they ate the medicine and it is difficult to know the proper dose until you have used it a few times. Uniquely, cannabis cannot kill with an overdose so one can safely learn their proper dosage through trials.

A cannabis overdose can surely scare a new user though. Cannabis concentrates are extremely powerful. The patient may get nervous thinking that they took too much and now are going to die, but that is just imagination and anxiety working together. Help them to relax and the effects will soon pass. The anxiety attack is why people end up in the emergency room.

Ahhhhh I get it. As long as an overdose can't kill you it's all cool.

Question. How long does it take for an edible to take effect?

It seems to vary by the individual. For me, edibles take much longer to hit and seemingly last longer than I'd like. But I've got screwy guts.

No most people I talk to say the same thing. They take too long to hit you, hit you too hard and last too long. I will not touch edibles.

Jim, it is not that anxiety is not a problem, it is. The truth is though, that with pretty much any other substance used to get high, we would be talking about deaths and permanent brain damage for people that had taken 10 times the recommended dosage.

If they had drunk 8 bottles of wine and had to go to the emergency room, would it be because wine is not safe for adults? No, I am pretty sure you would be calling those people dumbasses.

No most people I talk to say the same thing. They take too long to hit you, hit you too hard and last too long. I will not touch edibles.

Recall that for medical purposes for chronic pain patients, that may be pretty close to the desired effect. Patients with pain/sleep issues generally prefer edibles largely because they can be effective for longer periods of time.

Rick Simpson, the guy credited with reviving medical interest in cannabis oil, recommends treating cancer patients by asking that they ingest 60 milliliters of super concentrated cannabis oil over the course of 90 days. One could never get that amount of cannabinoids into your system by smoking or vaping.

(Note: He does not sell oil. You may want to watch 'Run From the Cure' on Youtube)

Recall that for medical purposes for chronic pain patients, that may be pretty close to the desired effect. Patients with pain/sleep issues generally prefer edibles largely because they can be effective for longer periods of time.

Rick Simpson, the guy credited with reviving medical interest in cannabis oil, recommends treating cancer patients by asking that they ingest 60 milliliters of super concentrated cannabis oil over the course of 90 days. One could never get that amount of cannabinoids into your system by smoking or vaping.

(Note: He does not sell oil. You may want to watch 'Run From the Cure' on Youtube)

Let me ask again. Are you for legalization?

I don't wish this thread to turn into an adult use thread but I will reply one more time. If you want an adult use cannabis thread, start one.

Water, drunk in excessive amounts can hospitalize or even kill a person. By your logic, alcohol should be banned immediately as tens of thousands die from its use every year, am I right? Oh, no? So you feel responsible adults should be allowed to drink alcohol? Interesting.

If your hypothetical child stumbled upon your pain medicine, would you rather they found your big bag of cannabis or your full bottle of vicodins/norcos? If your hypothetical teenager raided your medicine or your liquor cabinet, would you rather they experimented with cannabis or with whiskey and norcos? Educated people that care about their children would choose cannabis. It won't kill them if they do something very stupid, like take 10 times the recommended dose.