What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Good news.

Jury Reaches Decision On Penalty For Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooter

A jury announced Wednesday that they believed Robert Bowers, who killed 11 people in a targeted attack against Pittsburgh Jews in 2018, should receive the death penalty, according to multiple reports.

A jury determined in July that Bowers was eligible for capital punishment despite his defense team arguing that he suffered from mental disorders that prevented him from understanding the weight of his actions. The jury deliberated for over ten hours during the course of two days before issuing its verdict that Bowers should be put to death for deliberately going after Jewish worshipers at the Tree of Life synagogue, according to various reports.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/02/jury-decision-death-penalty-pittsburgh-synagogue-shooter/

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Good news.

Jury Reaches Decision On Penalty For Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooter

A jury announced Wednesday that they believed Robert Bowers, who killed 11 people in a targeted attack against Pittsburgh Jews in 2018, should receive the death penalty, according to multiple reports.

A jury determined in July that Bowers was eligible for capital punishment despite his defense team arguing that he suffered from mental disorders that prevented him from understanding the weight of his actions. The jury deliberated for over ten hours during the course of two days before issuing its verdict that Bowers should be put to death for deliberately going after Jewish worshipers at the Tree of Life synagogue, according to various reports.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/02/jury-decision-death-penalty-pittsburgh-synagogue-shooter/

I am going to surprise some people when I state that I am against the death penalty here. Unless someone's very existence is a threat to people then I think life in prison is sufficient. Putting someone to death means they can't make themselves right with God if they have their Road to Damascus moment. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am going to surprise some people when I state that I am against the death penalty here. Unless someone's very existence is a threat to people then I think life in prison is sufficient. Putting someone to death means they can't make themselves right with God if they have their Road to Damascus moment. 

In certain situations, I am absolutely for the death penalty

This situation would be one of them

On 7/31/2023 at 8:46 AM, B-Man said:

F1p7rcbaMAYvkNi-632x730.webp

Nobody is trying to make guns illegal. That is the problem with these kinds of memes

Responsible gun control that’s all we want

On 7/24/2023 at 7:57 AM, Beast said:

Got myself another one! Sig Sauer P238 Spartan. Perfect for concealed carry. 

Are you a criminal?
Do you have a mental health condition?

Are you responsible going owner

If you cross the hurdles, enjoy your weapon

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Nobody is trying to make guns illegal. That is the problem with these kinds of memes

That is all that you want. 

But your statement that “ nobody is trying to make guns illegal” is laughably false. 

Edited by B-Man

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

In certain situations, I am absolutely for the death penalty

This situation would be one of them

Are you a criminal?
Do you have a mental health condition?

Are you responsible going owner

If you cross the hurdles, enjoy your weapon

Oh, I have been and will continue to enjoy to. Thank you for your permission though I was already granted that through the Second Amendment.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Report: Group aims to buy every black man an AR-15 so conservatives will support gun control

One of the most tedious parts of this job is reading the same arguments over and over from liberals who think they have it figured out.

Maybe men should be on the hook for child support as soon as they get a woman pregnant. OK, fine.

Or women warning men that the overturning of Roe v. Wade will put a dent in hookup culture. Again, fine.

One we see all the time concerning gun control is that if blacks owned AR-15s, then Republicans would suddenly support gun control … because they're racist, get it?

After the rioting of 2020, plenty of news outlets picked up on the fact that people of color were buying guns, seeing footage of some of those Black Lives Matter "protests" working their way into domestic neighborhoods.

Apparently, there's a group called "Unpull the Trigger" (stupid name) that's launched a campaign to arm as many black men as possible with rifles.

https://www.thesmatteringnews.com/p/breaking-progressives-launch-campaign

We've read the full story and to be honest, we don't know if this is just a great piece of satire from Charles — the quotes are just too on the nose. And we can't find any other reference to Unpull the Trigger. 

Conservatives don't seem a bit bothered by the idea, other than it being illegal. But we fully support minorities owning guns, especially those in liberal cities that are dumb enough to try defunding the police.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/08/02/report-group-aims-to-buy-every-black-man-an-ar-15-so-conservatives-will-support-gun-control-n2385930

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

Report: Group aims to buy every black man an AR-15 so conservatives will support gun control

One of the most tedious parts of this job is reading the same arguments over and over from liberals who think they have it figured out.

Maybe men should be on the hook for child support as soon as they get a woman pregnant. OK, fine.

Or women warning men that the overturning of Roe v. Wade will put a dent in hookup culture. Again, fine.

One we see all the time concerning gun control is that if blacks owned AR-15s, then Republicans would suddenly support gun control … because they're racist, get it?

After the rioting of 2020, plenty of news outlets picked up on the fact that people of color were buying guns, seeing footage of some of those Black Lives Matter "protests" working their way into domestic neighborhoods.

Apparently, there's a group called "Unpull the Trigger" (stupid name) that's launched a campaign to arm as many black men as possible with rifles.

We've read the full story and to be honest, we don't know if this is just a great piece of satire from Charles — the quotes are just too on the nose. And we can't find any other reference to Unpull the Trigger. 

Conservatives don't seem a bit bothered by the idea, other than it being illegal. But we fully support minorities owning guns, especially those in liberal cities that are dumb enough to try defunding the police.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/08/02/report-group-aims-to-buy-every-black-man-an-ar-15-so-conservatives-will-support-gun-control-n2385930

No, Dems would want to give black men AR-15s for another reason...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

A Robber Thought He Would Knock Over a Gas Station - An Armed Citizen Disagreed

By Jeff Charles 

This would-be robber had no idea he was bringing a knife to a gunfight. Unfortunately for him, he was about to learn the hard way.

An armed citizen in Michigan saved lives during an attempted robbery while he was inside a local gas station. Here’s how it went down:

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/08/03/a-robber-thought-he-would-knock-over-a-gas-station-an-armed-citizen-disagreed-n786979

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

I thought every black man already had an AR-15. Ever been to Chicago?

Watching Bills-Colts preseason game. They’ve shown an ad a few times on safe gun storage from endfamilyfire.org. That’s the first time I’ve seen any ads on this topic. Definitely a step in the right direction. 

• Eyeroll 1

On 8/12/2023 at 1:31 PM, Andy1 said:

Watching Bills-Colts preseason game. They’ve shown an ad a few times on safe gun storage from endfamilyfire.org. That’s the first time I’ve seen any ads on this topic. Definitely a step in the right direction. 

I'm completely against nearly every gun control measure... with exception of violent felons or people who are threatening to hurt others. But I'm also 100% pro-safe storage in homes with kids. Just moved into a 5-bedroom home I had built for my future wife and her kids. First thing I bought was a SecureIt Answer 12 safe to hold some of my firearms. 

The "endfamilyfire" has some good ideas, some stupid ones too. IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

I should have a new LWRC (ICDIRCK16) here Monday!!!!!! I haven't bought a 'higher end' battle rifle in a while. I'm debating between getting another Leupold 1.5-4x20 or go with a Vortex VIPER® PST™ GEN II 1-6X24. Glass on both are pretty dang good. Will also change out the trigger when I get it to another HyperFire "HyperTouch". 

• Like (+1) 1

Concealed Carry Hero Holds Onto His 6-Pack While Taking Down Armed Robber

BY ATHENA THORNE

concealed-carry-hero-6-pack-730x0.png

Today’s feel-good story comes to us from Cass County, Mich. A law-abiding gentleman with a concealed carry permit was picking up a six-pack of Miller Lite in his local gas station convenience store. Suddenly, 35-year-old Cordelius Anthony Martin burst into the establishment. “You know why I’m here,” declared Martin. He pulled a mask over his face and rushed the terrified clerk, brandishing a boxcutter.

From the next aisle, our hero alertly watched the interaction. He would later explain to the police that he “could not see what was in the robber’s hand, but he could see the look of fear on the clerk’s face,” reported WOOD TV8 (video below). Cool as a cucumber, the carrying customer reacted as one expects a hero would: by calmly drawing his firearm and neutralizing the threat to the innocent store worker.

Of the seven rounds our hero let off, at least three struck the armed robber: in the arm, the back, and the face. The bad guy went down. As he crawled toward the shooter, the alpha citizen realized he had time to run out to the car to fetch another loaded magazine, which he did. He then held the robber at gunpoint until the police arrived.

Martin spent a couple of days in the hospital before being released — only to be arraigned on three charges, including armed robbery, and held on a $100,000 bond. A three-time felon, Martin faces life in prison for his latest escapade.

It remains unclear whether the unnamed hero will face charges of his own. “In Michigan, obviously, we do have defense of others as part of the law, in Michigan, that you can defend others if they’re in a situation that there’s dangerous force being used against them,” Cass County Prosecutor Victor Fitz told WOOD TV8. “And certainly in this case, we’ll be looking at the facts in regard to that.”

The store clerk says, simply, of the Good Samaritan, “He saved my life.” Plus, the hero has plentiful melanin levels in his skin, so he is presumably immune to hate crime charges. His prospects for remaining unmolested by excessive law enforcement look promising in this case.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/athena-thorne/2023/08/22/concealed-carry-hero-holds-onto-his-6-pack-while-taking-down-armed-robber-n1721066#google_vignette

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/18/2023 at 10:17 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

I should have a new LWRC (ICDIRCK16) here Monday!!!!!! I haven't bought a 'higher end' battle rifle in a while. I'm debating between getting another Leupold 1.5-4x20 or go with a Vortex VIPER® PST™ GEN II 1-6X24. Glass on both are pretty dang good. Will also change out the trigger when I get it to another HyperFire "HyperTouch". 

Eff, can tell you're not in NY.

The new semi gun laws require a pistol permit with 16-hour course to buy any semi auto long gun.  Nicks check for ammo sales.  

Now we have to pay like 10 bucks for the NYS police to run the Nicks check through the FBI.  Many are speculating this is the state trying to create a registry.  

Edited by Chris farley

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Is there anything a shameless leftie won't propagandize

Fla has had these type of gun laws forever... This is not new or relevant news 

Why do you try to incite so hard? It's very Marxist 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Explain how this makes it easier for a criminal to get a gun? I will warn you also, the Orlando Sentinel is a garbage rag so take whatever they say with a grain of salt. They have been hemorrhaging subscribers for years and now don't even have an office or actual editors to fact check.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The article reveals that the windows being replaced are old, leaking and not energy efficient.   The new windows are environmentally friendly and have additional security features necessary in todays world.  To my knowledge, there are no rules against a home or business owner using similar material in buildings they own.  

Seems like a net win for all. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The article reveals that the windows being replaced are old, leaking and not energy efficient.   The new windows are environmentally friendly and have additional security features necessary in todays world.  To my knowledge, there are no rules against a home or business owner using similar material in buildings they own.  

Seems like a net win for all. 

Covering their own asses. It's like how you can't bring guns into an Trump NRA conference 

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Explain how this makes it easier for a criminal to get a gun? I will warn you also, the Orlando Sentinel is a garbage rag so take whatever they say with a grain of salt. They have been hemorrhaging subscribers for years and now don't even have an office or actual editors to fact check.

Sounds like a good paper, then. 

You disagree that not having purmits will make it easier to get guns for criminals? 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You disagree that not having purmits will make it easier to get guns for criminals? 

Do you believe that any state requires a permit to buy a gun? Oh bless your heart, you have no idea what is being discussed 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Do you? 

I should not have stated all states, I forgot about California and a few others. In Florida I can buy a gun without a permit as is true for over 75% of states. But let me reiterate how does the new law change a criminals ability to buy a gun?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Covering their own asses. It's like how you can't bring guns into an Trump NRA conference 

Ah, replacing the windows provides better protection for those inside.  

They already have metal detectors, armed guards etc at these places, and I’d think after the events of 1/6 and the massive riots in DC and across the country, beefing up security make sense.  It just seems odd that suddenly bullet proof glass is a hot button issue.  

I’ve never been to a political  rally, but it seems to be a reasonable request to leave guns not be permitted into a rally.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:02 AM, Chris farley said:

Eff, can tell you're not in NY.

The new semi gun laws require a pistol permit with 16-hour course to buy any semi auto long gun.  Nicks check for ammo sales.  

Now we have to pay like 10 bucks for the NYS police to run the Nicks check through the FBI.  Many are speculating this is the state trying to create a registry.  

Live in a VERY free state with the 2A (Oklahoma). I had it ordered from LWRC and shipped to my local FFL, did the NICS and got it in 20 minutes. INSANE you have to do a check for ammo?!? Wow. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Do you? 

We ALREADY have to do background checks with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. We have to fill out a small 'worksheet' that is several pages, which then gets faxed into the FBI (or some FFL's do online 4473's).

You want citizens to jump through as many hoops as possible for a constitutional right. Ridiculous.  

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillStime said:

Another win for MAGA

Billsy seeing as there were already 60+ murders in Jacksonville this year, mostly of black people, why do you only care about these people, or did I miss all of your other posts? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Billsy seeing as there were already 60+ murders in Jacksonville this year, mostly of black people, why do you only care about these people, or did I miss all of your other posts? 

So, the answer is MORE GUNS. More OPEN CARRY?

Do you EVER f'n think?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Reading this thread and the "media" after there's been any sort of shooting is always really hard because you come across some of the nastiest, most horrible people who are front and center trying to use the shooting in question for whatever political agenda they're pushing. Especially gun-grabbers and of course, the Left.

And this racially-motivated shooting in Jacksonville, Fl. is what each and every one of these politically-driven, virtue-signaling grifters LIVES for as it justifies all of their sad talking points.

They're not really concerned about the poor people who have lost their lives, no no, they're far more interested in how they can use the victims to prove America is a horrible, violent, racist country and therefore all guns should be banned.

Just compare their rants today with what they "explained" about Black supremacist who mowed down 62 people in Waukesha

or the trans-shooter murderer who killed 6 Christians (3 kids).

Their comments on the outrageous Jacksonville shooting hold no value to me.

Edited by B-Man

There’s been another mass shooting, this time in the Jacksonville, Florida region. And unlike some other, more ambiguous attacks, when the media calls this out as a racist attack, they will be accurate. The unnamed shooter did nothing to hide his hatred, going out of his way to post about it repeatedly online. He even painted swastikas on one of his weapons. He wanted to “kill Black people” (he actually used the n-word) and he wound up taking the lives of two men and a woman.

He was first seen lurking around Edward Waters University, a small historically Black university. He was seen donning a bulletproof vest and breaking out some weapons. The authorities were called, but he disappeared before he could be apprehended. He then showed up at a Dollar General store in a predominantly Black neighborhood, barricaded himself inside, and killed three people before taking his own life. (NY Post)

The “maniac,” who was in his early 20s, stormed the store with a tactical vest,  Glock and an “AR-15 style” rifle, with swastikas painted on it.

Despite the Nazi symbols, police said “there is absolutely no evidence that the shooter is part of any larger group.”

“This was, quite frankly, a maniac who decided he wanted to take lives,” Waters said. “He targeted a certain group a people, and that’s Black people, that’s what he said he wanted to kill. And that’s very clear.

This guy had a history, but apparently, it wasn’t widely known. He had been involuntarily institutionalized in 2017, suggesting that he had some sort of mental malfunction going on. (Not that it would excuse anything, of course.) He was also “involved” in a domestic violence call by police prior to that, but was not arrested. So he didn’t technically have any priors before this attack, but there had been warning signs and his online activities were reportedly rife with racist rants about Black people.

Also of interest is the fact that the police said they had uncovered multiple “manifestos” that he left behind. (He also left notes to his family.) How much would you like to bet we’ll have these manifestos pretty quickly? That would be in stark contrast to the trans shooter in Nashville, where her manifestos still haven’t seen the light of day.

There may be one other parallel between Nashville and Jacksonville. There is unlikely to be much of an “ongoing investigation” in this case because authorities quickly determined that there is “absolutely no evidence” that he was part of a larger group or had any accomplices. That’s usually the excuse they use when they want to withhold evidence from the public. But there weren’t any other accomplices in Nashville, either. Audry Hale acted alone.

So what’s the difference? This shooting fits The Narrative. It was a white guy attacking Black shoppers simply because of their race.  That makes it okay to talk about. And I would wager that it will be viewed as perfectly acceptable to release his manifestos.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/08/27/another-mass-shooter-in-florida-has-multiple-manifestos-n574071

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Reading this thread and the "media" after there's been any sort of shooting is always really hard because you come across some of the nastiest, most horrible people who are front and center trying to use the shooting in question for whatever political agenda they're pushing. Especially gun-grabbers and of course, the Left.

And this racially-motivated shooting in Jacksonville, Fl. is what each and every one of these politically-driven, virtue-signaling grifters LIVES for as it justifies all of their sad talking points.

They're not really concerned about the poor people who have lost their lives, no no, they're far more interested in how they can use the victims to prove America is a horrible, violent, racist country and therefore all guns should be banned.

Just compare their rants today with what they "explained" about Black supremacist who mowed down 62 people in Waukesha

or the trans-shooter murderer who killed 6 Christians (3 kids).

Their comments on the outrageous Jacksonville shooting hold no value to me.

So who did you copy this from?

Did you also defend the white guy who went into Tops and destroyed all those lives?

Spew your “feelings” to the loved one who lost these innocent people. 

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

the nastiest, most horrible people who are front and center trying to use the shooting in question for whatever political agenda

👆🤡👇

You can’t make this up:

Seriously, these idiots never think.