What is better, no guns, or more guns?

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And criminals thank you for helping them acquire guns to kill innocent people 

And the Mexican cartels thank Obama and his administration for the influx of firearms into their organizations. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

And the Mexican cartels thank Obama and his administration for the influx of firearms into their organizations. 

The cartels love you. Pro gun policies make it easy easy easy to get weapons to murder murder murder. 

You gun nuts have created an evil system down there. 

Congrats 

17 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

What????? Lol you should log off today and take the L.

Fu 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The cartels love you. Pro gun policies make it easy easy easy to get weapons to murder murder murder. 

Congrats 

Fu 

Someone's unhinged lol. Eat a bag of d's Nancy. Holy hell I can't believe people like u actually exist.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Congrats 

Fu 

I live in a part of America where everyone has SEVERAL firearms. Guess what? There are NO firearm deaths in my small town. None. Only deaths I can point to was a few years ago when our sheriff had to shoot a guy who was ramping a police cruiser with his truck. It's also a VERY poor county, yet there are no gun crimes. Why? We don't have drug dealing gang bangers. Our local sheriff would drag them behind his truck if there were. So guess what? They stay way clear of my county. 

You allow LEO to go after the problem (gangs/drug dealers) and gun violence drops in a massive way. 

• Like (+1) 2

To start ban gun shows , ban AR rifles , buy back guns especially AR . Never happen but there it is. 

Do it in problem areas not where  ArdmoreRyno and others like him live in peace.

Edited by ALF

14 minutes ago, ALF said:

To start ban gun shows , ban AR rifles , buy back guns especially AR . Never happen but there it is. 

Do it in problem areas not where  ArdmoreRyno and others like him live in peace.

But answer these questions:

1. Why ban gun shows? Do you believe 1) You don't have to do a background check to buy a gun at a gun show? and 2) Are most of the 20,138 gun murders last year, were from guns bought at gun shows?

2. Why ban AR rifles? A weapon RARELY used in murders.

7,105 handgun deaths (last FBI data year released was 2016 on this)

374 rifle deaths (including AR platform weapons, bolt action rifles, etc)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

No ban in good areas like yours just problem regions.

Do u think criminals obtain guns legally at these shows? I'll give u a hint, the answer is no. Crack down on illegal possessions and leave law abiding citizens alone. Prosecute the criminals!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ALF said:

No ban in good areas like yours just problem regions.

The problem is they become war zones as we are seeing.  Enforce and/or strengthen current gun laws.  Expecially the concealed carry with felonies/unregistered.  The handguns are by far the biggest problem.

The idea was prison reform.  I'm all for removing stiff penalties on victimless crime.  Now they consider felons cought with unregistered guns, where guns are already banned.   A victimless crime. 

Ban zones create targets.  

3 hours ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Do u think criminals obtain guns legally at these shows? I'll give u a hint, the answer is no. Crack down on illegal possessions and leave law abiding citizens alone. Prosecute the criminals!

Honestly.  You ever read about big gun smuggling bust?  Nope.  It's almost like the 80's in southern Cali when the feds were feading crack to a poor community or something. 

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chris farley said:

The problem is they become war zones as we are seeing.  Enforce and/or strengthen current gun laws.  Expecially the concealed carry with felonies/unregistered.  The handguns are by far the biggest problem.

The idea was prison reform.  I'm all for removing stiff penalties on victimless crime.  Now they consider felons cought with unregistered guns, where guns are already banned.   A victimless crime. 

Ban zones create targets.  

Honestly.  You ever read about big gun smuggling bust?  Nope.  It's almost like the 80's in southern Cali when the feds were feading crack to a poor community or something. 

you have some good ideas on gun restriction

The reason why you don’t hear about gun smuggling busts is let’s face it. There are already too many guns in the country already. It’s so easy to get one or 10.

Edited by John from Riverside

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

you have some good ideas on gun restriction

The reason why you don’t hear about gun smuggling busts is let’s face it. There are already too many guns in the country already. It’s so easy to get one or 10.

But that's not reality. You go buy a gun. Takes a lot of effort.  Now try doing it as s felon.  And the numbers would argue we should be seeing gun bust like we see drug smuggling, human smuggling and other crimes that go hand in hand with the majority of gun violence. 

There is some reason gun violence is so isolated but unable to slow lately.  

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

The problem is criminals not responsible gun owners , how to solve this problem is the question.

Anyone who wants to make money can buy guns at these shows and sell them to criminals.

Edited by ALF

11 hours ago, Andy1 said:

So many gun owners are clueless on the basics of gun safety. Too many innocent people end up suffering as a result.

from a different article

Per their comments to investigators, Runions is alleged to have hit both children with a sandal. Furthermore, Runions is alleged to have brandished the gun, removed the magazine, and “called the four-year-old over to her and shot her in the chest.”

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, ALF said:

The problem is criminals not responsible gun owners , how to solve this problem is the question.

Anyone who wants to make money can buy guns at these shows and sell them to criminals.

ATF. they recover guns from crimes and trace them back.  like they were doing with fast and furious before they lost them?

congress members talking about banning. but still nothing on this gun pipeline.

Where do you believe people just buy handguns without a record or check for the ATF to follow up on?

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

ATF. they recover guns from crimes and trace them back.  like they were doing with fast and furious before they lost them?

congress members talking about banning. but still nothing on this gun pipeline.

Where do you believe people just buy handguns without a record or check for the ATF to follow up on?

The ATF lost track of 10,325 firearms in 2021. Department of Homeland Security employees lost around 300 firearms alone. Fast and Furious "operation" lost 2,000 guns... only around 600 were ever recovered. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Professors at Northeastern and Harvard universities conducted a gun survey in 2015 and found that 22% of gun owners who reported obtaining their most recent firearm within the previous two years reported doing so without a background check. For firearms purchased privately, including sales between individuals in person, online or at gun shows, 50% were obtained without a background check.

Gun shows can include either licensed dealers or private sellers. So at a gun show, the licensed sellers need to run a background check on buyers, and the non-licensed sellers don’t.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2021/04/09/gun-policy-address-joe-biden-exaggerates-background-check-gun-show/7156770002/

Unregulated gun shows can be a magnet for gun traffickers to obtain large quantities of weapons without any background checks. Guns purchased at gun shows are much more likely to be used in criminal activity.

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/gun-laws/policy-areas/gun-sales/gun-shows/

Up to 80% of firearms used for criminal purposes were obtained from unlicensed sources, meaning no background check was required. This proposed rule will help address this dangerous problem and greatly expand background checks. 

https://giffords.org/press-release/2023/08/giffords-applauds-atf-rule-to-expand-background-checks/

Edited by ALF

On 8/31/2023 at 8:42 PM, Andy1 said:

So many gun owners are clueless on the basics of gun safety. Too many innocent people end up suffering as a result.

I don't believe this, I think this woman is lying. There is no gun safety version you ever point it at another person, this person is either a threat to herself and other due to her stupidity or lying 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No problem.  Just call 9-1-1 and they’ll dispatch a social worker to handle this immediately.  

Yes, social workers would have been useful on Jan 6.  Maybe they could have helped the losers find meaningful work...ditch digging and slaughterhouse work and such.  Now their talents will be wasted in prison.

On 8/31/2023 at 8:42 PM, Andy1 said:

Sad but expected.  Give idiots guns...great idea.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes, social workers would have been useful on Jan 6.  Maybe they could have helped the losers find meaningful work...ditch digging and slaughterhouse work and such.  Now their talents will be wasted in prison.

Sad but expected.  Give idiots guns...great idea.

ITs a sad fact that social services, ambulances, fire, large companies that maintain equipment won't even go to DEM strongholds at night without cops going first.

people had guns at J6? or you talking about the cop that killed the unarmed trespasser?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

🎯

The hypocrisy… and silence. 

He turned off his comments for a reason. If you think what you are saying has any basis why turn off the comments unless you know you are just trolling and not interested in a discussion?

If you are a heroin user then you shouldn't have a gun. I think everyone can agree on that. Not that it matters because he has secret service protection on the tax payers dime for some reason. I thought that was only for presidents?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

He turned off his comments for a reason. If you think what you are saying has any basis why turn off the comments unless you know you are just trolling and not interested in a discussion?

If you are a heroin user then you shouldn't have a gun. I think everyone can agree on that. Not that it matters because he has secret service protection on the tax payers dime for some reason. I thought that was only for presidents?

He is a troll, plain and simple. Don't waste your time........

• Like (+1) 2

Why stop there? What other constitutional rights can the Governor suspend because of some "emergency"?

Freedom of speech and of association? Freedom of the press? The right to a fair trial?

Oh, wait, the Democrats in Washington have already gotten rid of those because of the emergencies of Covid and the "insurrection".

• Like (+1) 2

The governor says she doesn’t expect criminals to follow the order. But she hopes it is “a resounding message,” to everyone else in the community to report gun crime. “The point here is, is that, if everyone did it, and I wasn’t legally challenged, you would have fewer risks on the street, and I could safely say, to every New Mexican, particularly those folks living in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County, I believe that you’re safer for the next 30 days, we have to wait and see,” said Lujan Grisham.

Oh, it "sends a message" all right, just not the one the governor thinks.

IMG_2974.thumb.jpeg.6b18b52cdc3b8006b58f013197ac8e48.jpeg

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/09/09/new-mexico-governors-admission-about-her-gun-edict-sends-a-message-alright-a-moronic-one-n2387013

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The governor says she doesn’t expect criminals to follow the order. But she hopes it is “a resounding message,” to everyone else in the community to report gun crime. “The point here is, is that, if everyone did it, and I wasn’t legally challenged, you would have fewer risks on the street, and I could safely say, to every New Mexican, particularly those folks living in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County, I believe that you’re safer for the next 30 days, we have to wait and see,” said Lujan Grisham.

Oh, it "sends a message" all right, just not the one the governor thinks.

IMG_2974.thumb.jpeg.6b18b52cdc3b8006b58f013197ac8e48.jpeg

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/09/09/new-mexico-governors-admission-about-her-gun-edict-sends-a-message-alright-a-moronic-one-n2387013

So nobody is allowed to have guns except criminals? Sounds fair. I'm sure the criminals will love to hear how everyone is now unarmed and easy "targets"

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Why stop there? What other constitutional rights can the Governor suspend because of some "emergency"?

Freedom of speech and of association? Freedom of the press? The right to a fair trial?

Oh, wait, the Democrats in Washington have already gotten rid of those because of the emergencies of Covid and the "insurrection".

Source?

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

Back to the thread. 

Governor Grisham thinks she can suspend the Constitution because she spotted a "public health emergency"?

Wow, that sounds familiar.

Grisham even said she knows criminals won't obey that (nor should any law-abiding citizen) but that even people carrying legally should be subject to a misdemeanor charge under her order. 

Dana Loesch slammed this unconstitutional BS: 

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/09/09/local-law-enforcement-responses-to-nm-govs-gun-edict-are-ring-hollow-for-dana-loesch-n2387018

• Like (+1) 1