What is better, no guns, or more guns?

16 minutes ago, Kemp said:

And people don't use AK-47's or M16/M4's/etc for hunting. Reagan signed the bill that stopped production of machine guns other than by Class 3 (SOT) firearm dealers in 1986. We now have pre samples and post sample machine guns as a result. 

You won't find many actual AK-47's in the wild and people can't afford them... or M16/M4's. Those are actual "assault weapons". Not the current AK-style guns or AR-style guns. 

Not sure the point of the video? 

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Love the gun nuts defending the indefensible.

You posted a video of morons shooting overpowered rifles and shotguns... tweeted by some idiot who correlated that with the constitutional carry law Florida just enacted (which over half the country has). 

You still have to pass a background check to buy a firearm in Florida and if you want to carry, should be able to legally carry. A felon carrying a pistol in Florida is breaking the law... just as they were breaking the law a month ago. 

• Agree 1

On 7/12/2023 at 8:33 AM, B-Man said:

CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE:

Biden's anti-gun executive orders falling one by one

746bf93f-e2c1-40c9-b5bf-63412f950a74-860

The purpose of an executive order is for the president to tell others in the executive branch precisely how they’re to carry out the laws passed by Congress. It was never intended as a way to create laws without the legislature.

However, President Joe Biden, like so many before him, does just that.

Take gun control, for example. Biden can’t pass it. Not like he wants. Congress just isn’t interested in banning things like so-called ghost guns.

So, Biden uses an executive order, directs the ATF to essentially declare them illegal, and calls it a day.

Only, that didn’t work out.

https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2023/07/11/biden-executive-order-3-n72443

How about we pull up how many executive orders Donald Trump put forth while he was in office

This guy was literally pulling funding from VA hospitals to build his wall

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Why are you so resentful?  Do you think an armed revolt will succeed? It's revolting...

I believe that I wrote this last week also, but it is dumbfounding how a simple statement can be so misunderstood 

There is nothing ‘resentful’ about it. 

And it is NOT about revolt. 

Take your blinders off and read it again.

• Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I believe that I wrote this last week also, but it is dumbfounding how a simple statement can be so misunderstood 

There is nothing ‘resentful’ about it. 

And it is NOT about revolt. 

Take your blinders off and read it again.

so are "bear arms" like those on a big forest animal?  Otherwise I missed your point.

3 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Get a dictionary if you don’t understand 

Have one handy.  Scrabble and Boggle are favs on the porch.  What is it I missed?  My wife likes Canasta but she's good at it and it isn't my forte.  Perhaps your interests lie in Parcheesi.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

Have one handy.  Scrabble and Boggle are favs on the porch.  What is it I missed?

Obviously the carefully chosen words and meaning of bear arms, but then again since you only use a dictionary to play scrabble and boggle I can see why you would be able to just read a word to see if it’s a word and not understand a definition 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Obviously the carefully chosen words and meaning of bear arms, but then again since you only use a dictionary to play scrabble and boggle I can see why you would be able to just read a word to see if it’s a word and not understand a definition 

Yes.  It's a problem.  For you or me is the question.  Sometimes we drink something like this while playing, then  I don't do as well  

https://www.wine.com/product/bogle-cabernet-sauvignon-2020/880934?state=CA&s=GoogleBase_CSE_880934_JULYSAVE_type_Wine_RedWine_CabernetSauvignon&showpromo=true&promo=JULYSAVE&region_id=000030&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=DEPT_SHP_Google_Performance Max_All_Core_NAMER_US_Wine_ROAS_BAU_19.99under_-_-&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn_OlBhDhARIsAG2y6zPROvB3aVmDOd17OVZjJJ9yqbA5n_gYp1hvPtKf0a_BDhfdGSJHofoaAhufEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#closePromoModal

Edited by redtail hawk

9 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

You must also drink cheap wine while you post here as well 

usually decent bourbon but whatever...STELLA!, STELLA!...I

ll give you a hint:  New Orleans.  Here, you're welcome.  Also, "also" and "as well" are redundant in a sentence.

Edited by redtail hawk

13 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Another non-white mass shooter. SHOCK. 

What does race have to do with it?

Are you suggesting there is an intellect deficit between whites and non-whites?

Are you suggesting white mass shooters don't exist?

10 hours ago, Beast said:

Got myself another one! Sig Sauer P238 Spartan. Perfect for concealed carry. 

I've been carrying my shield plus. I use my enigma holster and that thing disappears and I forget I even have it. Thinking about selling a bunch of my other ones and maybe trying some other micro 9's like the P365 that everyone seems to love etc.

• Like (+1) 1

Home Invader Shot by BOTH Homeowners When They Returned Fire During Burglary Attempt

By Dan Zimmerman

According to the McDonald County Sheriff, things were well in hand by the time deputies arrived.

Arriving deputies made contact with the homeowners who had come home to find a man inside the home. The homeowners entered the house to find a man barricaded in a room. The burglar fired a shot at the homeowners from a handgun. The homeowners, who were both armed with handguns, returned fire, striking the burglar with a gun shot in each thigh. The homeowners were able to then disarm the burglar and hold him until deputies arrived.

The wounded burglar was identified as James F. Garrett, 62, rural Seneca. Garrett was transported by ambulance to a Joplin Hospital.

Neither homeowner was injured by the shot Garret took at them.

Garrett will be facing charges of burglary, first degree assault, and armed criminal action once he gets out of the hospital.

No charges were filed against the homeowners.

Another happy ending and a successful defensive gun use brought to you by the Second Amendment.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/home-invader-shot-by-both-homeowners-when-they-returned-fire-during-burglary-attempt/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Another school shooting that didn't happen

01e6c151-8f25-4b57-bc5f-9d586812fb74-860

There may be something bad in the water in Tennessee. Months after the Nashville mass shooting at a Christian school (where evidence is still being suppressed), another would-be mass shooter showed up at a different religious educational center in Memphis. This time it happened at the Margolin Hebrew Academy-Feinstone Yeshiva of the South. Or to be more accurate, I should say that it didn’t happen.  But it was close.

An unidentified suspect with a gun showed up at the door of the Yeshiva and attempted to get in. But the school’s security system thwarted him so he wound up firing several shots into the air. Police quickly tracked him down and a shootout took place when the man emerged from his vehicle still holding his weapon. He survived the encounter and was listed in critical condition at the hospital. The good news is that there were no deaths or injuries at the school.

The police responded swiftly and did a great job. Also, the Police Chief is taking the correct approach by praising the school’s resilient security precautions and informing the public so others can learn from their example. But this incident is a chilling reminder of how horribly this could have gone if they hadn’t had those precautions in place. Still, for every failed attempted shooting, we have one less set of funerals to attend and one more maniac that is taken off the streets.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/08/01/another-school-shooting-that-didnt-happen-n568399