What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Considering that 5 other states currently do not allow open carry, could this be viewed as having precident?

I think it's a dumb move myself but it might not actually be a violation of constitutional rights if other states are legally allowed to limit or forbid open and concealed carry.

1 hour ago, yall said:

Considering that 5 other states currently do not allow open carry, could this be viewed as having precident?

I think it's a dumb move myself but it might not actually be a violation of constitutional rights if other states are legally allowed to limit or forbid open and concealed carry.

The way I read it, is no one can defend themselves with a gun, which is unconstitutional. She also stated that you can't concealed carry, which all states allow with a permit at a minimum. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

The way I read it, is no one can defend themselves with a gun, which is unconstitutional. She also stated that you can't concealed carry, which all states allow with a permit at a minimum. 

Thanks, I wasn't aware all 50 states had concealed. I assumed incorrectly that some place like CA didn't allow it.

That alone could end up being the legal coffin nail.

2 hours ago, yall said:

Thanks, I wasn't aware all 50 states had concealed. I assumed incorrectly that some place like CA didn't allow it.

That alone could end up being the legal coffin nail.

I had to look it up to confirm myself but Cali has a way to get a permit, though it is onerous and intentionally takes a long time. 

• Like (+1) 1

EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. 

God- d*mn gun grabbers continue to lie

to push their false narrative. 

FOLLOW THE SCIENCE:  Massive errors in FBI’s Active Shooting Reports from 2014-2022 regarding cases where civilians stop attacks:

Instead of 4.6%, the correct number is at least 35.7%. In 2022, it is at least 41.3%.
Excluding gun-free zones, it averaged over 63.5%.

https://crimeresearch.org/2023/08/massive-errors-in-fbis-active-shooting-reports-from-2014-2022-regarding-cases-where-civilians-stop-attacks-instead-of-4-6-the-correct-number-is-at-least-35-7-in-2022-it-is-at-least-41-3/

• Like (+1) 1

New Mexico AG to Governor on Defending Her Second Amendment Suspension: Drop Dead.

There are now six lawsuits (and counting) challenging New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s public health order suspending Second Amendment carry rights in the Bernalillo County and the city of Albuquerque. While literally no local authorities are willing to enforce her clearly unconstitutional diktat, Grisham is still claiming that the New Mexico State Police will do her dirty work.

The State Police, however, have remained strangely silent on the matter and no one has been cited for any violations.

This afternoon, however, New Mexico Attorney General Raúl Torrez delivered the latest body-blow to the Governor’s authoritarian tendencies by announcing in a letter to Grisham that his office will not be defending her in court. . . .

That means Grisham will have to rely on the kindness of strangers to take up her side, countering the motions for temporary restraining orders, and then defending her in the mountain of civil rights litigation that will follow.

She’ll no doubt get offers of pro bono help from like-minded law firms, but Torrez’s announcement is a very public rebuke — this one from the state’s top law enforcement officer — and the latest humiliation for the hapless Governor following her disingenuous, half-baked, unconstitutional order.

Keep ’em coming!

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/new-mexico-ag-to-governor-grisham-on-second-amendment-suspension-defense-drop-dead/

• Like (+1) 1

The NM Gov definitely exceeded her authority. She had to know that so it seems like a political stunt. Reform of gun laws needs to happen through the voting process. Convince enough people to vote for change and it can happen. Gen Z will vote for change. As older conservative voters depart this world, eventually, change may happen. 

• Eyeroll 1

Crime is out of control in cities across NYS. And NYS doubles down on moronic gun restrictions.  Now all FBI checks also will have a NYS police check, that ads a cost.  for ammo and all firearms. 

Some think the SP are compiling an illegal registry.  

New gun control laws take effect in New York State (mytwintiers.com)

Several new gun control laws signed by Gov. Kathy Hochul are now in effect in New York State. As of Wednesday, background checks are now required for ammunition purchases. Dealers will now also submit background check requests to New York State Police, instead of submitting requests directly from the FBI.

To cover the cost of the New York State background check system, there is now a $9.00 fee on all firearm transactions, and a $2.50 fee for all ammunition sales. New York State Police say a list of people who are banned from purchasing firearms, are now also prohibited from purchasing ammunition:

The new requirements to obtain a concealed carry license are:  

proof of completion of a firearms safety training course;

four character references;

a list of former and current social media accounts for the last three years;  

disclosure of applicant’s spouse or domestic partner, any other adults residing in the applicant’s home, including any adult children of the applicant, and  

an in-person interview of the applicant with the licensing officer/designee.  

What's the argument about abortion laws. the reason they suck is because people that have no knowledge of the process, make the laws?

Similar would hold for the NYS legislator and the second.

NYS got their illegal gun laws struck down by the courts, so they double down on what was deemed illegal. 

Gov. Hochul signed the law last year in response to what she described as a “reckless decision” by the Supreme Court. In a 6-3 decision, the Court ruled a New York law requiring concealed carry applicants to prove a special need for a permit – instead of just self-defense – violated the Second Amendment.

Social media check? first amendment?

10 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Gen Z will vote for change. As older conservative voters depart this world, eventually, change may happen. 

No worries, they will grow out of the fad stage and become more intelligent as they get real life experience.  70% of knowledge is based on experience.  

Edited by Chris farley

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, because the Holocaust was all about stopping gun violence 🙄

Guns=more crime 

Didn't say that... did I?

Step one, Hitler and the Nazi party banned firearm ownership to a certain population. What the NM governor is trying to do it unconstitutional and will be shot down in court. We both know this is fact, no matter which way you lean.

EDIT: Judge already blocked the unconstitutional ban.

https://apnews.com/article/guns-open-carry-albuquerque-new-mexico-governor-b2f400c1e43ed6e3fcc8f4d6f1403d12

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Didn't say that... did I?

Step one, Hitler and the Nazi party banned firearm ownership to a certain population. What the NM governor is trying to do it unconstitutional and will be shot down in court. We both know this is fact, no matter which way you lean.

EDIT: Judge already blocked the unconstitutional ban.

https://apnews.com/article/guns-open-carry-albuquerque-new-mexico-governor-b2f400c1e43ed6e3fcc8f4d6f1403d12

Sure, and your position makes it so criminals, insane people and abusive husbands can get guns and terrorize people. You are closer to Hitler's goal than the NM governor 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure, and your position makes it so criminals, insane people and abusive husbands can get guns and terrorize people. You are closer to Hitler's goal than the NM governor 

So you're against those abused women from buying a firearm to protect themselves? Why is that Tibs? 

But it's all moot.... it's already been struck down in court. Thankfully, it didn't take wrong. 

Bill of Rights >>>>> Your feelings

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

So you're against those abused women from buying a firearm to protect themselves? Why is that Tibs? 

But it's all moot.... it's already been struck down in court. Thankfully, it didn't take wrong. 

Bill of Rights >>>>> Your feelings

It would be better if there were no guns to threaten them to begin with. Too many guns out there. Guns lead to more crime. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It would be better if there were no guns to threaten them to begin with. Too many guns out there. Guns lead to more crime. 

Would be great if everyone got a pony as well. We know that's not going to happen. 

We have hundreds of millions of firearms in the US alone. They aren't disappearing, so how about you deal with the current problem instead of just "wishing away" something?

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Would be great if everyone got a pony as well. We know that's not going to happen. 

We have hundreds of millions of firearms in the US alone. They aren't disappearing, so how about you deal with the current problem instead of just "wishing away" something?

There will someday be a plan to drain the swamp of guns. The criminals will be unhappy but everyone else will be happier. 

Hand guns are the worst. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

There will someday be a plan to drain the swamp of guns. The criminals will be unhappy but everyone else will be happier. 

Hand guns are the worst. Q

At least a 100 million legal Americans own guns. 

Who is going door to door?  You

Them 100 million+ are legal citizens.  Not criminals.  

You Dems proved you have absolutely no intention of actually disarming criminals. 

Eff.  Your arguing to make more  prey for the predators 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Georgia Homeowner Shoots Wanted Murderer Who Broke Into His Home

FTA:

All in all, this was another situation in which an armed citizen used his firearm to protect his life and property. Once again, this story shows why it is important for people to be responsibly armed.

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/09/15/georgia-homeowner-shoots-wanted-murderer-who-broke-into-his-home-n2163864

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BillStime said:

650476ec23049.image.jpg?resize=1000,808

And crickets from the cult - lmao

I’m afraid you’ll find most responsible gun owners will all agree that someone who’s a felon, an abuser, someone who has serious mental illness or someone addicted to drugs should NOT be allowed to own a firearm. 

But nice try libs! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Well, that doesn't fit the (silly) leftist narrative.

Meet NYC’s (un)surprising new gun owners: Councilwoman, grocer, new mom

By Ranjit Singh

065e8718-5463-4a21-a64d-f365368f43ef-860

Most of America is free when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms. New York City, on the other hand, is the most oppressive jurisdiction when it comes to gun ownership. 

None of NYC’s gun control ever applied to criminals, of course. They’ve always thumbed their noses at the law, assaulting, robbing, hurting, and killing peaceable, decent New Yorkers, whose habit of obeying the law puts them at a disadvantage against criminals.

Thankfully, the NYSRPA v. Bruen case took the boot of New York’s oppressive laws off the throats of the people. What followed is understandable and unsurprising to gun owners who live in the rest of the country. Ordinary people have started exercising their Second Amendment rights (archived links):

Meet NYC’s surprising new gun owners: Councilwoman, grocer, new mom
By Doree Lewak

The number of New Yorkers legally packing guns is on the rise — and they’re not necessarily who you’d expect.

For a city where obtaining a license to carry a firearm was once, not that long ago, almost impossible, a surprising number of NYC residents — 17% — have bought a gun in the past year, according to a July Siena poll.

“I want it for protection,” Brooklyn councilwoman Inna Vernikov told The Post of her new gun. 

She received her concealed carry license this month after her application was approved in July.

When the Jewish Ukrainian native heads to her local synagogue for the high holidays starting Friday, she’ll be carrying an increasingly popular temple accessory: a 9MM Smith & Wesson. 

“With anti-semitism, it doesn’t feel safe in the city anymore. You’re always on edge and watching your back,” said Vernikov, who asked her synagogue to designate her as a volunteer safety guard. (“Only certain people, such as official safety guards and congregation leaders, are allowed to carry guns in places of worship.)

“We are short on cops and recruitments are way down … As much as we need the police, we can’t just rely on the police. Something life-altering can happen in the time it takes for cops to arrive.”  

Vernikov completed a mandatory New York State concealed-carry class this spring, including 16 hours of classroom studies and two hours of live fire training.

New York State’s concealed-carry license also requires four character references, a list of former and current social media accounts for the last three years, an in-person interview, and disclosure of an applicant’s spouse or domestic partner as well as any other adults residing in the home.

At Vernikov’s “packed” shooting practice classes on Staten Island, she said, there were more female attendees than she expected.

Victoria Bonelli shares that sentiment.

“It’s not just my life anymore. I’ll be walking around with a baby and putting her in the car all the time. I’m really just ensuring that I’m properly equipped for a life-or-death situation. This is our reality now,” the mom of a newborn daughter told The Post.

Helming her training course was retired NYPD Sgt. Johnny Nunez runs an 18-hour New York State/ NYC concealed-carry course as required by the state.

“The demand is there — it’s incredible,” Nunez told The Post, noting the wide range of New Yorkers looking to protect themselves. “We’re seeing a lot of husband and wife teams, doctors and realtors — a safety issue because they show homes.”

Aida, a Yonkers mom of two, fits the bill as a Manhattan market owner.

“It was never in my mind before,” said the 35-year-old, who grew up in a supermarket family. “It was only cops who were supposed to have them [guns]; they were supposed to provide us safety.”

But violence against local bodega workers — including a March robbery on the Upper East Side that ended in a deli employee’s death and a similar situation on Staten Island in July — scared her.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/16/meet-nycs-surprising-new-gun-owners-councilwoman-new-mom/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/14/2023 at 12:53 PM, Tiberius said:

This is stupid, I guarantee you my neighborhood has more guns per person then any liberal city and our crime in the 22 years I have lived here had consisted of teenagers egging houses and breaking into unlocked cars about 8 years ago. There is literally no evidence that more guns leads to more crime, unless you are only counting gun crimes. 

On 9/15/2023 at 8:06 PM, BillStime said:

650476ec23049.image.jpg?resize=1000,808

And crickets from the cult - lmao

You have pushed for stronger gun limits  but when your guy is breaking the law in manner that 90% of us agree with you defend him, you are truly a straight politics person.

• Like (+1) 2

Wyoming Schools to Biden: MOLON LABE!

BY STEPHEN GREEN

Presidentish Joe Biden’s crackdown on hunter education in schools is being met with an act of defiance in Wyoming, best summarized with two words in ancient Greek familiar to American gun owners: Molon Labe.

“Come and take them.”

Back in July, it was revealed that Biden’s Department of Education (Motto: “You Don’t Need No Education”) was “blocking key federal funding” for troglodyte K-12 schools with hunting and archery programs for their students. The Department found that the 2022 Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) forbids federal funding for archery and hunting training. Because God forbid students learn basic safety and proficiency with rifles or bows and arrows.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2023/09/20/wyoming-schools-to-biden-molan-labe-n1728119

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

We average two mass shootings a day in the USA 

Mostly in DEM strongholds where gun ownership is restricted.

With illegal handguns.

and gang related

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

That link has links to the local reporting for details.

most of them never make the national news.  

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

We average two mass shootings a day in the USA 

If liberals want to stop mass shootings then they must do what all the conservative areas do, it is amazing that so many things that liberals whine about are mainly centralized in liberal areas. Conservatives complain about things that are centralized in liberal areas also.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Tiberius said:

So many guns lead to people shooting each other. Massacres everyday 

You seem to dehumanize people by saying gangs, drugs, blah blah. 

and your goal is to ban assault rifles?  make it harder for legal citizens to defend themselves?

There is this old fashion thing called law and order.  its making a comeback.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

yeah they do. All Americans are given protections by the Bill of Rights, ya'll can't pick and choose who you want to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights 

If you want to try to take the 2nd Amendment absolutist line to its natural end, you probably should brush up a little on history. The Bill of Rights did not protect "all Americans" as we understand that phrase today.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

Well they weren't specific enough

Federalist papers.  29 is a good one to start.

Heller VS DC

McDonald vs Chicago

1936 Machine gun ban

NYS Bruen

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Well they weren't specific enough

No but I filled out a NICS check. 

Then you already know why a gangster cant own a gun.

26 minutes ago, LeviF said:

By our current laws and depending on your definition of "gangster," no they don't.

So many guns out there that young people in many communities only feel safe with a gun, and when something stupid happens, as happens with young people, they go for their guns. We have recreated the wild west