Best Actor/Actress Of All Time?

I think Kevin Costner is one of the worst actors, ever. But he has been in some very good movies.

totally agree about Edward Norton.

I'll also throw Sean Connery into the mix.

Maybe thats why he was grouped in with Sasha Grey?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I have had an opportunity to meet a lot of these in person being the parent of a child actor I usually illiminate actors that are complete jerks in person.......and end up having favorites that are great people to go along with being solid actors.

A couple of different ones.......

The rodriguez kids (Mall Cop, Modern Family)......two of the nicest down to earth kids you will ever meet

Sharon Stone......one of the nicest people you will ever meet on a set despite being a A list actor.......

My own personal favorite is Jane Lynch (Glee, Role Models, The 40 year old virgin)

My daughter had a audtion for a guest star role on Glee (which she didnt get) and it was on the Glee set........my daughter (all 5 foot nothing 100 and nothing) and Jane Lynch (an amazon of a women) where walking towards each other both not paying attention to what they were doing and Jane Lynch practically ran over my daughter and they both went to the floor........my daughter gets up and says "your Jane Lynch!" and Jane just laughed....they spend the next 15 minutes just getting to know each other and talking shop while I melted into the background and just enjoyed the moment.

Jane Lynch is a very funny woman.......her personality is identical to her role on Glee....just love her.

Actor: Toshiro Mifune (though Daniel Day Lewis isn't far behind)

Both good choices.

Actor: Laurence Olivier

Actress: Meryl Streep. I regret disliking her for a long time.

RuPaul

So amazing he wins both best actor AND actress. How can you top that?

;-P ;-P

And Poojer's a regular Cassanova, because he'd nail anything once.

Actress: Catherine Keener

Actor: Kevin Spacey (Runners up: Leonardo DiCaprio; Frank Stallone)

i can get behind Spacey, Leo for sure. Not sure about the rest.

Leonardo DiCaprio, Kevin Spacey

Julianne Moore, Emma Watson.

I know it's early in Watson's career but there is something very special about her.

this

Leonardo DiCaprio, Kevin Spacey

Julianne Moore, Emma Watson.

I know it's early in Watson's career but there is something very special about her.

Agree on Spacey & Moore.

I'm not as big a fan of DiCaprio as others are.

Watson does have a bright future, but it is a bit early for best ever. Otherwise I'd have added Chloe Grace Moretz.

Would it be too early to add Jennifer Lawrence? I think I could safely add Amy Adams.

Agree on Spacey & Moore.

I'm not as big a fan of DiCaprio as others are.

Watson does have a bright future, but it is a bit early for best ever. Otherwise I'd have added Chloe Grace Moretz.

Would it be too early to add Jennifer Lawrence? I think I could safely add Amy Adams.

I know it's early. For me though, I've just personally never had an actress that can pull me in as well as Watson has. She was great as Hermoine and in the Bling Ring and she showed she has a sense of humor in This Is The End. The one that clinched it for me was her performance in Perks of Being a Wallflower. Phenomenal. She makes you fall in love with her.

Good call on Moretz. She has showed great range at a very young age. Lawrence is building quite the resume as well. As far as it being too early goes, if their acting can connect you with the characters they play in a way that you feel is unique or special, I don't think it matters how long they've been doing it.

I don't know about greatest of all time, but these are the ones I like

John Malkovich - Denzel Washington - Joe Pesci - Paul Giammatti - Aaron Eckhart - Christian Bale - Robert Downey Jr.

Merryl Streep - Claire Danes - Rachel MacAdams - Julianne Moore - Charlize Theron

I don't know about greatest of all time, but these are the ones I like

John Malkovich - Denzel Washington - Joe Pesci - Paul Giammatti - Aaron Eckhart - Christian Bale - Robert Downey Jr.

Merryl Streep - Claire Danes - Rachel MacAdams - Julianne Moore - Charlize Theron

Great call on Malkovich.

I know its early but I also think Ryan Gosling is an amazing actor especially in Half Nelson and Drive.

I think Jennifer Lawrence can be added in right away as she is that good and has a long time left in the business.

CBF

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Humphrey Bogart or Henry Fonda. Both fantastic in whatever they're in.

EDIT: I just saw Fonda mentioned.

Other greats: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Buster Keaton, Clint Eastwood, Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, Brad Pitt, Daniel Day-Lewis, Leo DiCaprio, Michael Caine, Jimmy Stewart.

Edited by Wooderson