Best Actor/Actress Of All Time?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actor - Jack NIcholson, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew McConaughey, Paul Newman, Marlon Brando.

Leo and McConaughey...see The Departed, Django Unchained, Inception and True Detective, A Time to Kill, and Dazed and Confused as tremendous examples of their talent.

Also, probably not a greatest of all time or anything, but speaking of True Detective...when did Woody Harleson become such a great actor?

Actress - Hands down Meryl Streep. She's amazing in everything she does.

Edited by Mark80

Have you ever seen the woody allen flick Match Point ?

She was pretty great in it, I find her interesting in some roles.

She was great in "Match Point", and also quite good in "Girl With The Pearl Earring", but I can't put her at an "all-time best" level.

Al Pachino

Elizabeth Taylor

Al is good and often great, no doubt. But, he has just as many roles where he is annoying as hell as he does when he's fantastic. Carlito's Way, Any Given Sunday, and Insomnia for example.

I think I need to retract my Tom Hanks nod and go with Jack Nicholson.

Dustin Hoffman is great as well.

I used to group Denzel Washinton in with the best but IMO his movies havent been the best lately.

CBF

Nice call on Denzel...one of my favorites. Training Day, Remember the Titans along with Man on Fire (my favorite of his)

I think Kevin Costner is one of the worst actors, ever. But he has been in some very good movies.

totally agree about Edward Norton.

I'll also throw Sean Connery into the mix.

No Arnold or Steven Segal?

-------

Love practically every movie with Bruce Willis and Jason Statham

Diane Lane, Meg Ryan, Reese Witherspoon and CharlizeTheron

Lane is alright, nothing too special.

Ryan was the queen of romantic comedies and then fell hard. She's decent.

Witherspoon was going strong for awhile. Then she made "Legally Blonde" and it all went to hell.

Theron is a big time talent. Definitely one of the best.

Lane is alright, nothing too special.

Ryan was the queen of romantic comedies and then fell hard. She's decent.

Witherspoon was going strong for awhile. Then she made "Legally Blonde" and it all went to hell.

Theron is a big time talent. Definitely one of the best.

She was the cutest actress of her time, adorable really...then she destroyed herself with plastic surgery. Such a shame, same with Melanie Griffith.

Al is good and often great, no doubt. But, he has just as many roles where he is annoying as hell as he does when he's fantastic. Carlito's Way, Any Given Sunday, and Insomnia for example.

All good actors have their off days.

too many to think of.

For a TV show - for those who get BBC

Tatiana Maslany in Orphan Black.

She plays (so far) up to 7 different characters, one being male. She does an excellent job with each character.

Hear, hear! While she's way too young and inexperienced to be considered for best ever, she has been amazing on Orphan Black!

For anyone considering checking it out, definitely start with Season 1. (Season 2 just ended.)

Edited by Matt in KC