Best Actor/Actress Of All Time?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was the cutest actress of her time, adorable really...then she destroyed herself with plastic surgery. Such a shame, same with Melanie Griffith.

Amen to this...

As to the point of the thread

Actor: Pacino

Actress: Merl Streep though Audrey Hepburn belongs on the list

I'll add a Gary oldman as well. So much range.

took 4 pages to get to this. I think dd Lewis ranks at the top, but oldman is similar. I'd throw Dustin Hoffman in with them as well.

I think Michael Douglas, Russell Crowe, and Jeff bridges are excellent in everything they do, but not quite at the same level.

Women...? That Sandra bullock is so darn cute!

I like the idea an earlier poster (forget who, apologies but it was a good post) about making it more a question of who is on your Mt. Rushmore of actors rather than trying to winnow it down to only two. It's an impossible task, for me anyway, to figure out how to determine "best" in acting let alone pick an all time winner. That said, even Mt. Rushmore is difficult, but I'll give it a shot:

Brando is my Washington

Daniel Day Lewis is Lincoln (not just because he played him)

Jack is my Teddy Roosevelt

Newman would be Jefferson.

For the ladies, same order:

Hepburn

Streep

Winslet

Dame Judy Dench

I like the idea an earlier poster (forget who, apologies but it was a good post) about making it more a question of who is on your Mt. Rushmore of actors rather than trying to winnow it down to only two. It's an impossible task, for me anyway, to figure out how to determine "best" in acting let alone pick an all time winner. That said, even Mt. Rushmore is difficult, but I'll give it a shot:

Brando is my Washington

Daniel Day Lewis is Lincoln (not just because he played him)

Jack is my Teddy Roosevelt

Newman would be Jefferson.

For the ladies, same order:

Hepburn

Streep

Winslet

Dame Judy Dench

Audrey or Katharine?