Rd7 Pick #237 OT Seantrel Henderson U of Miami

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is, SJ was not drafted on Marrone's watch. And nothing that SJ ever did was even remotely close to Henderson's transgressions.

I know, Stevie did it publicly on national television.

I'm just joking BTW. I'm not concerned with Henderson. He either gets it together or he's lifting the heavy bags for old people at Tops.

The problem with that is that it won't be the first time he's heard that and said he'd commit to it. Hopefully he understands Marrone doesn't kid when he says stuff like that (unless you are ST coach).

you had to bring up the Bills ST coach on a happy day like this :thumbdown:

This should be interesting...Marrone loves a challenge I guess... :thumbsup:

Have the Bills hired a full time counselor to deal with these players with off the field problems? Remember the Bill organization from a few years ago who kept saying they were looking for guys with good character? It seems those days are gone!

I wonder if all the Bills fans who used to be critical of the Miami Dolphins and others will also be critical of the Bills for doing the same thing? Probably not.

@WGR550

#Bills take OT from Miami, Seantrel Henderson.

@buffalobills

Welcome to the #Bills Seantrel Henderson!

BnTrWJpCYAAps8-.jpg

7 237 BUF.png

Seantrel Henderson | OT, Miami (Fla.)Henderson is as talented as they come, but many questions have been raised surrounding his drive and commitment to the game. The upside here is tremendous, but Henderson will have to prove he wants it. B-

http://www.cbssports...ntrel-henderson

http://sportsillustr...#players/114280

@buffalobills 1m

5 things you need to know about the newest #Bills OL Seantrel Henderson: http://goo.gl/KQOB9i

BnT_r6fCQAAklS_.jpg

I absolutely love this pick. I said all along I wanted him, even as early as the 4th or 5th. This kid has tremendous upside if he can fly straight.

Awesome draft. (I love Tampa's first two picks as well, Evans and Seferian-Jenkins.)

I remember Seantrel from his college recruiting days, he was the number 1 recruit in the country. He and his family didn't handle that well. By all accounts he was one of the biggest recruiting busts in Miami's history. He has managed to stick around on his sheer freakish potential. The clock is about to strike midnight if he can't put it together right now. I am pulling for him. No risk, high reward.

Time to live up to your god given talents.

Imagine a line of C.Glenn, C.Richardson, E.Wood, S.Henderson, C.Kouiandijo...Wow

Exactly except I had Henderson at the RT. The reason being is that Kouandjio said that he wants to be a "bulldozer" and make people go the way they don't want to go. I envision that at RG. Can Cyrus play RG?

I am a Hurricane fan and know a bit about Seantrel. As others have posted, he was (in many people's opinion) the number one recruit coming out of high school. He has all the physical tools to be a very good offensive lineman He played both tackle and guard for the Hurricanes.

He got in some trouble while with the Canes, but the kind of things a lot of kids do. He is not a bad kid though. He needs a wake up call, and I hope getting drafted at the back end of the draft does the trick. From the Bills' perspective, spending a seventh round pick on him (even if it does not work out) is well worth the risk.

I remember Da'Rick Rogers saying in an interview last year (either on WGR or The John Murphy Show) that he knew he only had one shot. He sounded very sincere and humble at the time...we know how that turned out.

I don't remember it being off field issues. I thought it was the fact that Marrone felt it was lack of effort and dedication. I have no problem with this gamble so late. Hey I would even take a flyer on Colt Lyerla as an UDFA. What do we have to loose in a case like this?

Keep an Eye on These Guys

Ten intriguing players drafted in later rounds who, for better or worse, could shape the near- and long-term future of the franchises that took them

Bills: OT Seantrel Henderson (seventh round)

I don’t care if he was a seventh-round pick. And I don’t care that if you drew a picture of a franchise left tackle, this 6-7, 331-pound athlete with sweet feet would be it. Henderson has been nothing but trouble since being one of the top high school recruits in the country. Multiple failed drug tests during college at Miami and then, again, reportedly during the scouting combine. Henderson couldn’t even finish his pro day workout. And on the field, he’s not even good. Henderson didn’t come close to earning the privilege of hearing his name called during the draft. He should have been undrafted. That’s what he earned.