Trump on Howard Stern this morning discussing the Bills

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf... @realDonaldTrump: I am the only potential owner of the @buffalobills who will keep the team in Buffalo.

That is obviously ridiculous on many levels.

Besides, I have more faith in JBJ keeping the Bills in Buffalo long term than I do Trump.

Trump probably does not have the finances to break the lease so he would keep them here for the 6 years. But as soon as his people ran the numbers after that and saw how much money he could make elsewhere, the Bills would be off like a prom dress.

Edited by CodeMonkey

What's the point of Trump saying that?

How would he know?

Does this in itself violate the nondisclosure agreement, and is that what he's angling for as a graceful exit?

I had this thought too... he just comes off like a clown with a tweet like that

What's the point of Trump saying that?

I have a theory. Want to hear it? No? Oh well, I am going to say it anyways...

When Trump made his initial interest in owning the Bills public, back in March/April i think he was likely taken aback by the strong reaction that many people had against his possible ownership. On the flip-side, there were others who were really digging the whole notion of Trump owning the team..even coming up with a new Bills/Trump helmet that was shown on ESPN and other sports media outlets. For a few weeks there, Trump was talked up on PTI and all the other arguement shows on ESPN...Trump was everywhere, as it pertains to this story, because he was the only one making his intentions clear at the time. Trump is trying to "re-invigorate" those Bills fans who were/are so in love with the notion of the "great businessman" who "won't settle for losing" .... he likes hearing those things about himself.

That has to be it...he can't possibly believe his own tweet!

Trump is the biggest self-promoter in America.

He probably is not interested in the Bills, just like his phony interest in politics.

Born into an incredibly wealthy family and having at least once gone bankrupt, some still think he is brilliant.

He probably is not interested in the Bills, just like his phony interest in politics.

Born into an incredibly wealthy family and having at least once gone bankrupt, some still think he is brilliant.

He is the male Paris Hilton. I'd rather her own the Bills.

From the get-go I've posted what a farce he is. It amazes me how many people fall time and time again for his schtick.

He will no sooner own the Bills than I will. Serious people don't talk about serious they are...

i believe this is a pertinent question. Can Trump own the Miss America contest and the Bills?

I'm not aware of a rule prohibiting an NFL owner from owning a beauty pageant.

@realDonaldTrump · 4h

Obama wants to move the @buffalobills to Kenya, I'm the only guy to stop him!

I don't know if that's him or one if his minions, but his Twitter account is a joke. Every tweet can be summarized thusly: HEY GUYS! LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME! OVER HERE, GUYS! LOOK!

What a frickin' tool that guy is.

I rarely listen to Howard Stern and find him irrelevant, however I do like to post on internet message boards about him.

(first)

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on this message board.

I bet you were a big Brother Wease fan, probably listened to a little Kimberly and Beck, huh? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bob Malooga

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on this message board.

I bet you were a big Brother Wease fan, probably listened to a little Kimberly and Beck, huh? :rolleyes:

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but my post was an homage to all of the Stern haters who turn up any time the guy is mentioned in a thread, just to tell us how much they don't like him.

I'm actually a huge Stern fan and have been for the last 2+ decades.

I can't imagine a generic comment like that goes against any NDA, though I have not seen it.

At this point I would say it doesn't but when the bidding process (not the teaser stuff) starts, if the information is distributed between the bidders of the teams future/new owners plans (unlikely), I would say yes.

But we all know pegula would keep the team here so this is just more of Trump LAMP.

Could trump make a deal offer say...$950 million and he also agrees to pay for

Half of the new stadium???

The valuation is just a number pulled out of an accountant's arse. It's been known for years the Bills would go for over a billion because NFL franchises rarely go up for auction. This all part of the kabuki theater of The Donald. He knew he was never going to win but what a great opportunity to generate some publicity.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Could trump make a deal offer say...$950 million and he also agrees to pay for

Half of the new stadium???

He could but the sale is for the team. Not the team and a new stadium. Wilson's beneficiaries will likely receive nothing on a new stadium. Unless it's naming rights to call it Ralph Wilson stadium.

Old, old inside joke.

How old ? Old old is pretty old i suspect.

and could you elaborate for us newbies ? or is there some initiation rite ?

I will buy beers but i aint hunting snipes again

edit how the heel does one spell initiation ?

o h wait

Edited by 3rdand12

I welcome any owner committed to keeping the Bills in WNY. All of the the people complaining about him know him personally, have spent time with him and been involved in contracts with him in the past?

Hey the guy does a lot of things I don't care for, but he says he wants to keep the team here. I'll take that any day over someone like Jon Bon Jovi or someone who will buy the team and come right out and stay he will move the team when the lease is up and try to fight it in court before then.

I truly do not believe that he is an outright lier. There is no guarantee that anyone who buys it will keep it here if it doesn't make sense financially. If he is losing money Pegula may not move it, but he may sell it to someone that would down the line. There are no guarantees.

Whoever the new owner is,

I expect he may not be popular for long. Ticket prices are going to go up and revenue sharing was grandfathered in for the current team owners during the last CBA. Something Ralph voted for. I have no clue what the Bills received. But the new owner won't get it.

If I were him and read some of the comments from Bills fans, it would make me want to buy it and move it.

I have no issue with people saying they don't like him or want him as a owner but the personal attacks on the guy for saying the right things and high regards he gives to the fans and the city just seem wrong.

Even if he is a republican.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

How old ? Old old is pretty old i suspect.

and could you elaborate for us newbies ? or is there some initiation rite ?

I will buy beers but i aint hunting snipes again

edit how the heel does one spell initiation ?

o h wait

Sorry for contributing to off topic discussions, but...

THE line is:

Stern sucks. It's been 15 years since he was funny. I hate him but I love to diss him on message boards.
Since the quote first popped up here years ago the 15 years should be increased to 20+.

Trump is Kelly's dude? Right?

They are friends. Kelly and his family stayed at one of his apts in NYC during his treatments there this past Spring. I don't know for sure if he is planning to be part of his group, but I believe it was reported the two sides at met at one point to discuss it. I found it odd that Thurman dissed Trump on Twitter because of all of this, considering how close Thurman and Jim are.