Schopp; Bills losing reason for Dareus issue

I can't believe the stuff Mike Schopp says sometimes. Just now he suggested that players like Dareus get into trouble because they don't respect the Bills enough to behave because we don't win enough.

He brought up the Patriots as an example of a team that never has player issues like this. Seriously, Mike? Did you get hit in the head recently? Does the name Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?

I heard that. He's an idiot at times, yet gives the impression he knows more.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to be a culture issue in Buffalo, a lot of players are in on this drag racing thing, apparently.

Between that and a lack of certain people appearing at the OTAs, I have to wonder if most players just see Buffalo as an easy paycheck. They aren't expected to win or perform here, so why not just have fun and collect big money?

Really? Look around the league at players getting in trouble. Culture issue in Buffalo? Doubtful

The only idiots here are the people that still listen to that channel and especially that show. The only things worthwhile are Muph's show and the Sabres / Bills games. The other two sports stations in this town are much, much better to listen to even though they are mostly national shows. I'd take their national programs over these idiots, jeremy white, that crap hockey show, and rome any day of the week. Simon is ok, just ok though.

It seems to be a culture issue in Buffalo, a lot of players are in on this drag racing thing, apparently.

Between that and a lack of certain people appearing at the OTAs, I have to wonder if most players just see Buffalo as an easy paycheck. They aren't expected to win or perform here, so why not just have fun and collect big money?

Young rich people by fast cars. People who buy fast cars drive them fast. It's not a Buffalo thing at all man.

So you think players can walk onto an NFL team and then mail it in and earn an easy paycheck?

I think players for certain organizations (that have no expectation of winning) will do the minimum possible to ensure their paycheck.

You are right, but you'd think he'd like not to be known as a idiot.

If someone walked up to you and said, "If I give you buckets of money, but you have to be known as an idiot".....well, you'd be an idiot to say no.

Honestly, you're the idiot. You fell for it and gave him attention and then went and encouraged others to give him attention.

If you love or hate them, they don't care as long as it one of those. Indifference is their enemy.

Off the top of my head of recent suspensions/issues with the law:

Von Miller

Aldon Smith

Brandon Browner

Aaron Hernandez

Dwayne Bowe

Robert Mathis

NO Saints (all of their bounty issues)

Big Ben

Ray Rice

Chris Culliver

Marshawn Lynch (even since he left here)

That roided out MLB from the Texans

All current or recent playoff teams/SB contenders. Nope, it's not that. Carry on, Schoop de doop.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The only idiots here are the people that still listen to that channel and especially that show. The only things worthwhile are Muph's show and the Sabres / Bills games. The other two sports stations in this town are much, much better to listen to even though they are mostly national shows. I'd take their national programs over these idiots, jeremy white, that crap hockey show, and rome any day of the week. Simon is ok, just ok though.

Young rich people by fast cars. People who buy fast cars drive them fast. It's not a Buffalo thing at all man.

young studs challenge each other to feats of daring. alot . that will never end.

By the way , pot has no place with street racing. Total opposite ends of the spectrum. I think little Marcell just learned this by looking at his Jaguar. And then walking away un harmed.

Someone watched over him that day and he better take notice .

never listened to Schopp. sounds like a dick weed .

I think he'd rather be known for being paid every week, which he's succeeding at very well.

You are right, but you'd think he'd like not to be known as a idiot.

No the one thing he cares about is ratings, and the more people post about what an idiot he is, the more he wins in the ratings.

Mike Schoop cares only about one thing...

That one thing...

Hating Buffalo

There does seem to be a pattern on all of these afternoon hosts, who can come across as the most outrageous. Where I live I get to hear Lebatard in the afternoon. Another guy who's goal is to see how little he can discuss sports in a four hour sports show. But I think they all try to do this to show how worldly they are or they think they are. Sports really doesn't matter, being relevant is what counts according to themselves.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Just stop listening. Worked for me. He's a smug,rude jerk. If you saw him walking in your direction you'd likely try and cross the street,so why listen and boost his ratings? If enough of you stop listening, the magic of the market will get him gone and doing traffic on a daytimer station in the southern tier.