Schopp; Bills losing reason for Dareus issue

If someone walked up to you and said, "If I give you buckets of money, but you have to be known as an idiot".....well, you'd be an idiot to say no.

You think he's making buckets of money? I don't think radio pays very well these days.

Anybody have an idea how much these guys make?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There does seem to be a pattern on all of these afternoon hosts, who can come across as the most outrageous. Where I live I get to hear Lebatard in the afternoon. Another guy who's goal is to see how little he can discuss sports in a four hour sports show. But I think they all try to do this to show how worldly they are or they think they are. Sports really doesn't matter, being relevant is what counts according to themselves.

Oh, I agree. The last episode I heard was Schoop explaining the Jim Schwartz hire for 3 minutes, while talking about some random story about the TV show 'Survivor' for 30 minutes

I can't believe the stuff Mike Schopp says sometimes. Just now he suggested that players like Dareus get into trouble because they don't respect the Bills enough to behave because we don't win enough.

He brought up the Patriots as an example of a team that never has player issues like this. Seriously, Mike? Did you get hit in the head recently? Does the name Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?

LOL

Yeah, but we're talking about major things like street racing, which used to be all the rage when I grew up and was done routinely in Rochester on Lake Ave. in particular, not the petty stuff that Hernandez did.

LOL

Yeah, but we're talking about major things like street racing, which used to be all the rage when I grew up and was done routinely in Rochester on Lake Ave. in particular, not the petty stuff that Hernandez did.

"Runnin' all night on Lave avenue..."

"I mean look at the Patriots! They have only had one serial killer on their roster in the last 5 years. The Bills have numerous players involed with speeding violations." -Schoop

You need a real killer instinct. That's why the Bills will never win.

If some people only knew the depth of issues that our former heroes Talley, Bennett, Kelly, Reed, Thomas and company got into and got away with :D

Agreed, and you can go farther back to the late 70's early 80's when these guys hung at the Pierce Arrow in West Seneca

Shoop, ironically when he was with WNSA (?), the WGR competitor, was a much different reasonable intelligent host

Sigh... That's just so wrong. With all the Bills players that have (or had) offfield issues there is one common denominator; they're relatively light as in "normal" boys growing up misbehaving. Pot? Alcohol before being 21? I'd say 95% of this board has been there pre-21 and prolly plenty worse, difference being we didnt have reporters writing about our misbehaviors whilst in college/highschool.

With regards to Dareus, he's prolly over compensating as a result of trying to deal with the grief of loosing his brother, the guy needs a hobby that he trully enjoys that doesn't take him to jails...

Please. Overcompensating?

Enough with the bullsh*t excuses for Dareus the Idiot. Got benched twice last year for screwing up. How did he not get it after the first time? How stupid is this man?

Two more fockups since then.

What a dumbass.

You think he's making buckets of money? I don't think radio pays very well these days.

Anybody have an idea how much these guys make?

buckets of money isn't that much; and in Buffalo, it's more

Edited by jeremy2020