WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Giants cut Will Allen yesterday, and while I'm not advocating for the BILLS to cut Dareus, it starts to beg the question when is "enough" simply "enough"?! I like Dareus as a football player, but as I posted much earlier in this thread, I believe the young man needs some real professional help, and I hope he can get it...b/c regardless of laymen's perception, these types of self-destructive actions are not just a "young man being young and foolish", they are deeper revelations of more disturbing problems...for the BILLS, I hope he can course correct appropriately, for himself as a young man, I hope he can heal and being to develop into a functional adult...

The Giants cut Will Allen yesterday, and while I'm not advocating for the BILLS to cut Dareus, it starts to beg the question when is "enough" simply "enough"?! I like Dareus as a football player, but as I posted much earlier in this thread, I believe the young man needs some real professional help, and I hope he can get it...b/c regardless of laymen's perception, these types of self-destructive actions are not just a "young man being young and foolish", they are deeper revelations of more disturbing problems...for the BILLS, I hope he can course correct appropriately, for himself as a young man, I hope he can heal and being to develop into a functional adult...

Not to be trite, but enough is enough when it benefits the team more than it hurts. Assuming nothing else happens the team should let him play out the year. He can be painlessly cut after the season. If he shows signs of growing up he's already extended for year 5.

Ibelieve Will Hill was suspended for multiple violations of the league substance abuse policy. Different scenario, IMO.

It's not easy telling a 6' 3", 331 lb pound multi-millionaire what to do. I think the team needs to assign him a chauffer 24-7 and we ought to start a group of fans who promise to boycott any bar in Erie County that would serve him a drink of anything besides orange juice.

Give him the Dez Bryant treatment.

His career will survive these past big mistakes, it's how he behaves from here out that's a big concern.

I agree. There will always be a team willing to give him another chance especially when he hasn't been suspended. Heck, a thread pops up here once a week to pick up a guy who HAS been suspended and shown even the slightest ability to play.

While I agree that he has made stupid mistakes lately, he is still a great player and I want him on this team.

I just hope he doesnt get himself suspended.

It's one thing to let yourself down but its another thing to let your team down when they count and rely on you.

CBF

Everyone....RELAX.

He was driving fast in order to practice getting to team meetings on time! He doesn't want to be late come training camp and the season, so he is practicing now.

Give the guy a break!

This is not good at all. After reading what he said after the first arrest about the media making it into something it is not and how he was blowing it off, i am concerned. It appears Marcel is not 'getting it'. Both of these incidents appear to be acts of someone who is immature and not ready to understand their level of responsibility. I hope for him and the Bills he figures it out. Unfortunately punishing guys that are in that mind set many times does not work unless it is a very very severe punishment, which stinks for us Bills fans.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

While I agree that he has made stupid mistakes lately, he is still a great player and I want him on this team.

I just hope he doesnt get himself suspended.

It's one thing to let yourself down but its another thing to let your team down when they count and rely on you.

CBF

I wouldn't call him a great player. He's an interior lineman on one of the worst defenses against the run.

Well, he has basically put the Dougs in a position where they all but MUST suspend him for at least the first game of the season. I'm not really worried about the NFL suspending him because they dont really hand out punishments for something like this (there are players with DUIs that havent been punished).

It's in the Bills' best interest to get him straightened out and keep him on the team for a long and illustrious career. He hasnt done anything "that bad" that would warrant a cutting, and to let our highest pick in 25 years walk for nothing would be ridiculous. Especially over what amounts to some traffic violations.

Not sure what is up with Hamburg cops. The same guys that ran Marshawn out of town, now throwing the book at Dareus over some street racing. But Marcell.... CMON MAN!!

I wouldn't call him a great player. He's an interior lineman on one of the worst defenses against the run.

Most people in the know would disagree with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4PI62TK_Sk

As I said, most were weed busts, not felony possessions.

If I understand it correctly, Spice is not on the banned substance list. According to the new CBA, since it is not officially a banned substance, no punishment can be handed down for it.

The only thing the league could get him on is that possession in that state is considered a felony, but the NFL will also let the judicial system play out on something like this first.

There are guys who had DUIs last offseason that never saw any punishment.

Im really not that worried about the league dinging him. But I do think the Bills should proactively suspend him for 1 game. It looks like the only way they are going to get through to this child is to get some of those game checks back. If I were the Dougs, we'd be having a meeting today to talk about him missing the season opener because of his stupid decisions, and that there is a lot of summer left, and plenty of other games to be suspended for.

Edited by DrDareustein

Good recap of options for the team (sorry if already posted):

http://espn.go.com/b...ons-with-dareus

I don't see Marrone doing much to Dareus. He hasn't yet shown a clear philosophical difference with his HC yet, so I think he's safe.

Well, he has basically put the Dougs in a position where they all but MUST suspend him for at least the first game of the season. I'm not really worried about the NFL suspending him because they dont really hand out punishments for something like this (there are players with DUIs that havent been punished).

It's in the Bills' best interest to get him straightened out and keep him on the team for a long and illustrious career. He hasnt done anything "that bad" that would warrant a cutting, and to let our highest pick in 25 years walk for nothing would be ridiculous. Especially over what amounts to some traffic violations.

Not sure what is up with Hamburg cops. The same guys that ran Marshawn out of town, now throwing the book at Dareus over some street racing. But Marcell.... CMON MAN!!

If I understand it correctly, Spice is not on the banned substance list. According to the new CBA, since it is not officially a banned substance, no punishment can be handed down for it.

The only thing the league could get him on is that possession in that state is considered a felony, but the NFL will also let the judicial system play out on something like this first.

Im really not that worried about the league dinging him. But I do think the Bills should proactively suspend him for 1 game. It looks like the only way they are going to get through to this child is to get some of those game checks back. If I were the Dougs, we'd be having a meeting today to talk about him missing the season opener because of his stupid decisions, and that there is a lot of summer left, and plenty of other games to be suspended for.

You don't.

I already posted the relevant NFL regarding convictions for crimes of substance abuse. It also specifically excludes alcohol.

This has absolutely nothing to do with what is on the NFL "banned substances list". It's a drug bust. Plain and simple.

Edited by Mr. WEO

He keeps making plays like the one at the 2:20 frame he can speed and smoke a doobie while in the process.

Just like they did with Lynch?

No. You don't just cut ties with a very good and potential all pro player because hes got into some trouble. Its the NFL. A lot of these guys are morons and trouble makers but damn good football players. Let him take his suspension(assuming he gets one) and hope he learns from it.

Unbelievable some of you guys. Lets continue to trade or let walk all of our good players and then say, "good riddance, the guys a huge trouble maker, I don't want him" as we continue to win 6 games every season and the team that traded for Dareus would most likely be a playoff/super bowl contender.

It would be a typical Buffalo Bills move so I wouldn't be surprised....and the sad part is most fans would support it....

Doubt that. I don't see it as a typical move of this FO and coaching staff. Maybe the last one. The only guy they have gotten rid of with "issues" is Da'Rick and that is because he couldn't figure out how to line up during TC. If they think a guy can help them win, they will keep him around, They have gone out of their way to bring so-called problem children IN, not kick them out, if they think they can play. Kiko, Spikes, MW19, Seantrel...

As confirmed by the poster who saw it go down...

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 5m

Hamburg police say that white Jaguar driven by Marcell Dareus struck a tree in front of the Mongolian Buffet at the McKinley Mall.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 2m

Policy say Dareus was racing with a black Mustang about 5 minutes from the Bills’ practice facility. The driver of that vehicle isn’t known.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 55s

Just to clarify charges for Dareus it’s reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree, reckless driving and participating in illegal speed contHe is due back in Hamburg court 6/17 after appearing yesterday on his own recognizance.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The cynic in me says: Who cares if we cut him, we're never going to be good anyways, so might as well get the !@#$s off the team.

The fan in me says: I hope to god he cleans his act up, we need him, especially since it feels like we're close to being relevant again.

Doubt that. I don't see it as a typical move of this FO and coaching staff. Maybe the last one. The only guy they have gotten rid of with "issues" is Da'Rick and that is because he couldn't figure out how to line up during TC. If they think a guy can help them win, they will keep him around, They have gone out of their way to bring so-called problem children IN, not kick them out, if they think they can play. Kiko, Spikes, MW19, Seantrel...

As confirmed by the poster who saw it go down...

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 5m

Hamburg police say that white Jaguar driven by Marcell Dareus struck a tree in front of the Mongolian Buffet at the McKinley Mall.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 2m

Policy say Dareus was racing with a black Mustang about 5 minutes from the Bills’ practice facility. The driver of that vehicle isn’t known.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 55s

Just to clarify charges for Dareus it’s reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree, reckless driving and participating in illegal speed contHe is due back in Hamburg court 6/17 after appearing yesterday on his own recognizance.

That pretty much says it all. Maybe he was racing the guy in the Mustang to the all you can eat special. The guy in the 'stang righteously believed there would be nothing left...

That pretty much says it all. Maybe he was racing the guy in the Mustang to the all you can eat special. The guy in the 'stang righteously believed there would be nothing left...

He was just on his way to the buffet!! I completely understand, Marcell. BTW why have a Jag if you can't drive it real fast, lol.

This makes me not like the Preston Brown pick (the pick not the player) that much more as I wanted them to take Nix who even with Dareus would hv seen more playing time then Brown will.

Edited by Max997