WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to be trite, but enough is enough when it benefits the team more than it hurts. Assuming nothing else happens the team should let him play out the year. He can be painlessly cut after the season. If he shows signs of growing up he's already extended for year 5.

And that's fair in my mind...it was really just a "when" is enough and to try and put it in some quantifiable statement...I agree, that Dareus should be allowed to let this process play out and put him on the field to play ball, but at some point, all of this will be too much if it continues...

Ibelieve Will Hill was suspended for multiple violations of the league substance abuse policy. Different scenario, IMO.

Give him the Dez Bryant treatment.

I agree. There will always be a team willing to give him another chance especially when he hasn't been suspended. Heck, a thread pops up here once a week to pick up a guy who HAS been suspended and shown even the slightest ability to play.

And that's also a fair point, but to me, in a real world scenario smoking / using marijuana is significant less criminal than leaving the scene of an accident, Reckless Endangerment 2nd (still a Misdemeanor in NYS but it encompasses a wide number of potential crimes), and felony possession of a synthetic substance in another state...also, from a mental health standpoint, with a felony pending in Alabama, shouldn't he be at home every night drinking milk and eating cookies before bedtime while studying the playbook and avoiding further legal complications?? It just makes sense to go the extra mile (no pun intended) to make sure you're being on your best behavior....for both legal and NFL reasons...IMO

And, to the cutting of Allen, I agree with the Giants' decision but that's just my belief that a guy can only get so many chances before you let him wither on the vine, ala Gordon in Cleveland.

Edited by BigBuff423

@BuffRumblings

The Marcell Dareus story is much more involved than his recent legal issues: http://sbn.to/1kFJxaG

@HannahBuehler

EXCLUSIVE photo we have obtained from staff at Mongolian Buffet of Marcell Dareus car crashed into tree. #Bills

BpN6qzqIMAEKiz9.jpg

Another photo of the scene Friday. @WKBW #bills

BpN68G8IgAEmhLM.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/6/29/3124732/marcell-dareus-sound-fx-buffalo-bills/in/5540039

i miss reading articles like this one about the guy - hopefully some of the vets can catch his attention. dont know who in that organization would be the one to look to, but hopefully there is someone that can get in his head a little. we knew he was young coming out, and with that comes some growing pains (i wouldve pegged some weight/motivation issues here and there) but.... its been a rough 18 months.

Edited by NoSaint

@wgrzpete

Marrone: I believe in Marcel, we are going to do everything we can to help him. @WGRZ pic.twitter.com/aGqGM2UtjL

@StepnerWKBW

Marrone: "Marcell will not be attending OTAs but will be attending minicamp. I believe in Marcell." #Bills

@StepnerWKBW

Marrone says it's more of a mutual decision that Dareus is not attending rest of OTAs. He has not suspended Dareus. #Bills

Who's the LEADER/LEADERS in the locker room that will grab this chump by the collar to let him know we are trying to accomplish positive things here and his antics aren't helping? The Bills need a Darryl Talley, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith group of players in there to reign this guy in!!

You gotta be kidding. The Darryl Talley that got into a fight at the Roxbury before the LA Super Bowl? The Bruce Smith with the drug suspension? Ever hear some of the tales told about Jim Kelly during his playing days?

EXCLUSIVE photo we have obtained from staff at Mongolian Buffet of Marcell Dareus car crashed into tree. Another photo of the scene Friday.

Got to love this digital age where photo's of everything make the net. Reminds me of the TBD poster who uploaded the pic of Mario Williams walking into Tempo when he was FA shopping.

Regarding MD, it's all fun and games I suppose until you look at pictures of the car. There was some serious speed there and he is very lucky he did not injure an innocent party. Look how the rear wheel is sheared from the car. A lot of force at work there

Got to love this digital age where photo's of everything make the net. Reminds me of the TBD poster who uploaded the pic of Mario Williams walking into Tempo when he was FA shopping.

Regarding MD, it's all fun and games I suppose until you look at pictures of the car. There was some serious speed there and he is very lucky he did not injure an innocent party. Look how the rear wheel is sheared from the car. A lot of force at work there

Damn blessed that he didn't kill himself or someone else.

I'm just glad they didn't kill someone. People keep saying "drag racing, no big deal", but once you're out of control and flying through a parking lot, the chance of hitting someone goes up dramatically, especially the people in an all you can eat buffet parking lot, they tend to move a lot slower.

A NY State Judge could sentence him to the boot camp down in Brocton, its for punks under 40 who lack order in their life, Im sure there a drill Sargent would /could shape him up !

Yeah, maybe they would get some 300+ lbs. guys to knock him around under the hot summer sun, and have people yell at him.

Edited by HoF Watkins