WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

Let's trade him for a 4th round pick so he can go to a new team, become one if the top 5 best at his position and win a Super Bowl ring.... That marshawn lynch??

You talking about that great player who amassed 35 yards in the Super Bowl? Edited by PO'14

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am a Bills fan. I would like to be a fan of the coach as well. Some of his decisions seem very questionable though. He sure had strange punishments for the talented Dareus last year. The punishments hurt the team and made no impression on Dareus. There must have been a lot of red flags for Greggo Marrone to make the desperation suspensions. Stevie, OTOH was fun loving and got shipped for it. The discipline strategy is all over the floor.

I doubt he would have suspended him for any part of any game that was still meaningful, i.e. if the Bills were in the playoff hunt at the time. Stevie was not traded for being "fun loving." Perhaps the reason you don't understand his discipline strategy, is because do not have all the information.

I am a Bills fan. I would like to be a fan of the coach as well. Some of his decisions seem very questionable though. He sure had strange punishments for the talented Dareus last year. The punishments hurt the team and made no impression on Dareus. There must have been a lot of red flags for Greggo Marrone to make the desperation suspensions. Stevie, OTOH was fun loving and got shipped for it. The discipline strategy is all over the floor.

I am not sure you are looking at the whole picture bud .

If Marrones warning shots were ineffective , its not because he just watched and sat on his hands.

I would like you to be a fan of Doug Marrone too . But i cant force you or talk you into it either . Fair enough.

But I think ya gotta get behind the team . Sure we protest this and that but you seem to have an special dislike for Rookie NFL Head Coach Marrone.

And will find fault every opportunity.

I hope i am wrong

edit i was wrong :thumbdown: . I know full well its Dougs second year in. I was speaking to last years benching

Edited by 3rdand12

It seems pretty clear to me that Dareus is pretty stupid. You can play well in the NFL and be stupid, but it's a hindrance. For anyone who thinks otherwise, I can report that Da Nile ain't just a river in Egypt. I looked up his wonderlic score and it was of the "N/A" variety, and he was apparently not a stellar student in either college or high school (if the internets are to be believed). That said, he graded out as the sixth best DT (out of 69 overall) last season according to Rotoworld. There are tough choices ahead for the Bills. The stupid isn't going to go away, which is the issue. But he's clearly one of the more physically gifted DTs in the NFL.

Edited by dave mcbride

Why even when he plays he's not that impressive. Shows up for a couple plays then goes thru the motion otherwise. He's Sam Adams but at a huge draft opportunity cost. Clear example of why we should draft BPA instead of reaching for a position

I don't happen to agree that he does this, and he would have been the BPA on their board which is not going to match with something like Kiper's mock draft v. 35.3. Each team's BPA can vary and some of that combines with need. If you are drafting 3rd, you have big needs and you better fill them.

Why even when he plays he's not that impressive. Shows up for a couple plays then goes thru the motion otherwise. He's Sam Adams but at a huge draft opportunity cost. Clear example of why we should draft BPA instead of reaching for a position

This isn't true. He's a very good and productive player. But there is the stupid issue.

It seems pretty clear to me that Dareus is pretty stupid. You can play well in the NFL and be stupid, but it's a hindrance. For anyone who thinks otherwise, I can report that Da Nile ain't just a river in Egypt. I looked up his wonderlic score and it was of the "N/A" variety, and he was apparently not a stellar student in either college or high school (if the internets are to be believed). That said, he graded out as the sixth best DT (out of 69 overall) last season according to Rotoworld. There are tough choices ahead for the Bills. The stupid isn't going to go away, which is the issue. But he's clearly one of the more physically gifted DTs in the NFL.

Dave not to be a smart ass but maybe a little. Have you been to Alabama ? i mean rural Ala. I went to school in at Atlanta Georgia when i was very young and the moved to Miss. Set my education back years. i coulda jumped 3 grades. granted that was a million years ago. Then i moved to NY and was so far behind i could barely manage .

I am saying education is relative to the environment and culture. Sad as that is .

And worse Alabama eductaion at grade level has not improved much in rural areas. So it may not be stupid as much as environment . Thats why Marrone has his work cut out for him to pulll this out of the poop

He is acting like a very troubled individual who feels entitled by money and NFL status. I hate to say it but he becomes another team's problem after this season.

I am not sure you are looking at the whole picture bud .

If Marrones warning shots were ineffective , its not because he just watched and sat on his hands.

I would like you to be a fan of Doug Marrone too . But i cant force you or talk you into it either . Fair enough.

But I think ya gotta get behind the team . Sure we protest this and that but you seem to have an special dislike for Rookie NFL Head Coach Marrone.

And will find fault every opportunity.

I hope i am wrong

edit i was wrong :thumbdown: . I know full well its Dougs second year in. I was speaking to last years benching

I want Greggo Marrone to succeed but I have seen so many like him fail that it is hard to imagine. It is like Gregg Williams part 2. He comes in talking about integrity and consistency and honor and blah blah blah. All of this is GREAT when you back it up. It is the kind of coach any team needs. Then he hires a 14 year old kid to be OC, a crony with among the worst coaching stats in NFL history for special teams; loses his DC after 1 year, fires his receivers coach for "difference in philosophy" and on and on. I'll bet Hilliard's philosophy was "you need someone old enough to have a driver's license to be your OC". Stevie wears a funny shirt and liked Hilliard....gone. LeGarrette friggin Blount in the end zone? We need to draft special teamers.

He talks the talk. I want him to walk the walk, but he doesn't seem like he can even stand up.

The other Doug though does seem to have a plan and gets maximum value from all of his decisions. Let hope coach pick #2 is better than TD's Mularkey.

The only wonderlic score I care about on an NFL team is my QB and maybe my Center or MLB. It isn't his grades or wonderlic that are the issue. He is making poor choices. Josh Gordon had a 24 on the wonderlic and making poor choices too.

I want Greggo Marrone to succeed but I have seen so many like him fail that it is hard to imagine. It is like Gregg Williams part 2. He comes in talking about integrity and consistency and honor and blah blah blah. All of this is GREAT when you back it up. It is the kind of coach any team needs. Then he hires a 14 year old kid to be OC, a crony with among the worst coaching stats in NFL history for special teams; loses his DC after 1 year, fires his receivers coach for "difference in philosophy" and on and on. I'll bet Hilliard's philosophy was "you need someone old enough to have a driver's license to be your OC". Stevie wears a funny shirt and liked Hilliard....gone. LeGarrette friggin Blount in the end zone? We need to draft special teamers.

He talks the talk. I want him to walk the walk, but he doesn't seem like he can even stand up.

The other Doug though does seem to have a plan and gets maximum value from all of his decisions. Let hope coach pick #2 is better than TD's Mularkey.

This is not why Stevie was traded. Why are you blaming Marrone for Dareus's actions, btw? His position coach and DC from last year are both gone and he interacted with them a lot more than Marrone. Marrone didn't draft him. Marrone isn't to blame, Dareus is. I don't see a connection between wanting to improve ST and the WR position, and addressing the issues with Dareus which he has yet to do before you can judge him for it. Edited by YoloinOhio

isn't there a Canadian kid waiting for his shot? Stefan Charles will have a great year boys. Lets not worry too much about numbnuts Dareus!

lets hope he is going to. He certainly made some noise when opportunity offered

I feel ya man. I really do .

And it would be pointless to say that this year is a fulcrum season or a defining year. Especially for my little buddy Nate and that dingo Crosman. lordy knows Whaley gave him enough weapons to creat one hell of a core for this season.

I dont think Marcel Darues defines Marrone nor do i think SJ13 does either. Stevie had a rough year last year and Dareus well he did alright really .

But i will say i am holding full blown belief in Doug Marrone . Because he has not proved anything yet.

I just think he is going to. With or without M D or SJ . if i am wrong well that 15 years and counting

This is not why Stevie was traded. Why are you blaming Marrone for Dareus's actions, btw? His position coach and DC from last year are both gone and he interacted with them a lot more than Marrone. Marrone didn't draft him. Marrone isn't to blame, Dareus is. I don't see a connection between wanting to improve ST and the WR position, and addressing the issues with Dareus which he has yet to do before you can judge him for it.

Was Stevie traded because he was one of the best player's on the team? I doubt it. Was it because Greggo Marrone's eggshell ego couldn't deal with funny t-shirts? Hmmmm.....

Was Yesman Crossman retained because of the ST unit's performance? I doubt it. Was he retained because he will do as Greggo Marrone says with no harm to the eggshell ego? Hmmmm....

Was Hackett plucked out of middle school Earth Science class in the 4th period to be OC because he is a proven independent commodity? I doubt it. Was it because Greggo Marrone knew he could be controlled? Hmmmm.....

When some real issues were going down with Dareus did Greggo Marrone put himself on the line for his player? Doesn't look like it. Did he do something strange so he could point back to it later and say he tried? Hmmmm.....

When Stevie had the rough family time last year did Greggo Marrone tell him he was looking forward to having him on the field again in 2015? Yes. Was that just another pre-draft smokescreen at the expense of a devoted Buffalo Bill who had been through some rough times? Hmmmmm.....

Lots of guys talk tough. Some back it up. Others hope for circumstances to fall together and make it look real. Maybe Greggo Marrone has learned from the examples above. I hope so but I'm not betting on it. Maybe he'll punt from the opponent's 35 this year. Hmmmm....

Dave not to be a smart ass but maybe a little. Have you been to Alabama ? i mean rural Ala. I went to school in at Atlanta Georgia when i was very young and the moved to Miss. Set my education back years. i coulda jumped 3 grades. granted that was a million years ago. Then i moved to NY and was so far behind i could barely manage .

I am saying education is relative to the environment and culture. Sad as that is .

And worse Alabama eductaion at grade level has not improved much in rural areas. So it may not be stupid as much as environment . Thats why Marrone has his work cut out for him to pulll this out of the poop

I hear ya, but at a certain point a long record of poor school records plus a litany of stupid actions afterward suggest that a guy just ain't that bright. Saban is a great coach, but he's never focused on recruiting scholar athletes wherever he's been -- MSU, LSU, and Alabama. He takes physical specimens and makes them great college players despite the fact that they probably shouldn't be in college in the first place (Plaxico Burris, Courtney Upshaw, Laron Landry). The alums don't care, of course, as long as Saban wins (which he does). Incidentally, Kyle Williams was a Saban guy too: http://alabama.247sports.com/Article/Saban-All-NFL-Draft-Team-28532988 .

Edited by dave mcbride

Really, this is getting old.

If you were in Marrone's shoes and had the CBA to deal with how would you have punished Dareus without "punishing the team?"

Was Stevie traded because he was one of the best player's on the team? I doubt it. Hmmmm.....

Was Yesman Crossman retained because of the ST unit's performance? I doubt it. Was he retained because he will do as Greggo Marrone says with no harm to the eggshell ego? Hmmmm....

Was Hackett plucked out of middle school Earth Science class in the 4th period to be OC because he is a proven independent commodity? I doubt it. Was it because Greggo Marrone knew he could be controlled? Hmmmm.....

When some real issues were going down with Dareus did Greggo Marrone put himself on the line for his player? Doesn't look like it. Did he do something strange so he could point back to it later and say he tried? Hmmmm.....

When Stevie had the rough family time last year did Greggo Marrone tell him he was looking forward to having him on the field again in 2015? Yes. Was that just another pre-draft smokescreen at the expense of a devoted Buffalo Bill who had been through some rough times? Hmmmmm.....

Lots of guys talk tough. Some back it up. Others hope for circumstances to fall together and make it look real. Maybe Greggo Marrone has learned from the examples above. I hope so but I'm not betting on it. Maybe he'll punt from the opponent's 35 this year. Hmmmm....

I'm sorry, you are entitled to your opinion, but they are all assumptions. Especially about Stevie, which I know is not true. You don't know the story with him, Dareus, or anyone. It is just what you choose to believe. And I don't know what your issue is with Hackett but it is a bit ridiculous and extreme.

Seriously why cant these guys just not smoke pot for 10 !@#$ing years in their life. Kick ass in the nfl keep out of trouble collect your tens of millions then when you retire at 32 get stoned out of your mind and buy stock in Doritos and call it good.

Don't get the whole pot thing started or the crazies will come out. Pot is a weird drug in that people not only can't stop doing it but they also can't stop telling everyone else that pot is wonderful and everyone who doesn't do it is uninformed. All of this while they turn their brains to mush and their life to the gutter. When you get one of these guys posting in a thread you are in for a rough time. It is hysterical for a while with the bizarro logic but then it gets sad.

Really, this is getting old.

If you were in Marrone's shoes and had the CBA to deal with how would you have punished Dareus without "punishing the team?"

I will admit to not knowing the CBA backwards and front, but I do know the plan which was executed did not work. There is a wide spectrum of choices from the extreme soft line of getting the guy some one on one help to the extreme hard line of dumping him completely like NE did with Spikes. We went in the middle somewhere, and it didn't work. Maybe nothing would have worked or will work. That would be on Dareus in any circumstance. I hope our coach is making an actual attempt to reclaim Dareus and not just building an excuse list for himself.

I hope we can have Spikes work out for us too but DM and BB's records of managing players with issues seems to be vastly different. I am not as impressed with BB's reord as some others may be, but still compared to DM's it makes me worry a bit about Spikes and even more about Dareus.