WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

His offenses aren't terrible but like I've said, his public response has been really disheartening. Atleast show the awareness in the media that it's wrong even if you struggle with decision making in the heat of the moment come midnight. That at noon he doesn't think it's an issue means its unlikely to change anytime soon.

You obviously keep him but I'm not sure what expectations to have going forward. As long as "he's just having fun" we will continue to see "things just happen." Hopefully this is a little nudge towards the wake up call.

Yeah I don't disagree with you at all. I'm not saying this isn't troubling. The OP suggested they release him, which it sounds like you and I agree, would be preposterous.

let's not rush to judgment and assume this is bad. it's entirely possible he was just arrested for something like...speeding. because he was late for a meeting with marrone. and he didn't want to get suspended for the first half of our first preseason game.

when you think about it that way, it actually reveals a lot of maturity and personal growth on his part. i'm proud of the kid.

your insight is breathtaking Dirt !

and your optimism and positivity well.. you sure are optimistic and upbeat :thumbsup:

No way you release an important player for misdemeanor traffic violations.

He is a pain in the coach's @$$, but so what? Let the coach deal with him. He hasn't hurt anyone, dealt drugs, or stolen money, he is just acting like a fool.

Edited by HoF Watkins

That's definitely not true.

Anyway...like someone said earlier, how hard is it to NOT do stupid sh-- like this? This guy must have a peanut sized brain. Smh.

A year ago he was scared to leave the house, now it seems he's acting out like crazy. Wouldn't shock me if it's less about stupidity or arrogance and more to do with being immature and dealing with huge amounts of grief. It's no excuse but I wouldn't be shocked if this is moving on from depression to some sort of rebellious phase of his grief (living like there's no tomorrow gone wrong).

I know its not a popular opinion but IDGAF and I think he can play fine smoking pot and street racing.

I know i can. pretty sure .

wait no i cant . If its like walking and chewing gum .

Darius ( i spelled it wrong on purpose im so pissed ) your and idiot .

Not if goodell sits him down.

I have never been someone who thinks you need a team of choir boys but this roster has numerous unreliable characters with no real leadership in place with winning experience

Kinda fun when you consider the last 14 years

Where are all the cheerleaders who said we had to get this guy because "you build up the trenches?". "Don't "waste picks" on secondary or wideout." Well we passed on Patrick Peterson who may be the best db in the league, and aj Greene one of the top wr's. #3 overall on dareus my arse, what a waste

I am right here.

He may need to go now, but maybe a babysitter is in order like the Cowboys did with D.Bryant. In any case, Bills need to look to draft some depth in the middle rounds of next years draft at D-Line. Have Dareus doing this stuff and K.Williams getting older.

Yeah I don't disagree with you at all. I'm not saying this isn't troubling. The OP suggested they release him, which it sounds like you and I agree, would be preposterous.

Yup - same page. That would be crazy, but it puts us in a pickle as his contract nears it's end. Hopefully he gets over the hump of whatever he's got going on in his life soon - for both our and his sake.

He may need to go now, but maybe a babysitter is in order like the Cowboys did with D.Bryant. In any case, Bills need to look to draft some depth in the middle rounds of next years draft at D-Line. Have Dareus doing this stuff and K.Williams getting older.

I was thinking the same thing. Dez has been good with a babysitter. The Bills need to help this kid grow up and he needs to want to be helped.

A year ago he was scared to leave the house, now it seems he's acting out like crazy. Wouldn't shock me if it's less about stupidity or arrogance and more to do with being immature and dealing with huge amounts of grief. It's no excuse but I wouldn't be shocked if this is moving on from depression to some sort of rebellious phase of his grief (living like there's no tomorrow gone wrong).

You know the five stages of grieving right ?

Kid needs a Dad and he aint gonna get one. He is going to have to be his own parent at some point

You know the five stages of grieving right ?

Kid needs a Dad and he aint gonna get one. He is going to have to be his own parent at some point

Like I said - no excuse but probably not terribly far fetched. Doesn't change anything for us with regards to the cause - he just has to figure out how to stop it.

At what point do we stop making f-ing excuses for this guy.

Life is about choices, he needs to choose to be a grown up and to play football. If not, he's not helping our team to succeed.

He's becoming our next Marshawn Lynch all over again.

Let's trade him for a 4th round pick so he can go to a new team, become one if the top 5 best at his position and win a Super Bowl ring.... That marshawn lynch??