WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Bills need to make the assumption that Daruis will not be in the lineup for a minimum of 4 games and possibly faces a season long suspension. They need to find a DT who they can rely on this year. His career in the NFL is in serious trouble.

Why would they make that assumption? Unless he tested positive for PEDs or a banned substance, which to our knowledge he has not, I don't see any precedence under Goodell for this to happen. Do you?

Why would they make that assumption? Unless he tested positive for PEDs or a banned substance, which to our knowledge he has not, I don't see any precedence under Goodell for this to happen. Do you?

From the substances-of-abuse policy:

"A player will normally be subject to discipline up to and including suspension without pay for four regular and/or postseason games for a first
violation of the law related to substances of abuse
other than alcohol and for six regular and/or postseason games for a second violation of the law related to substances of abuse other than alcohol."

In Alabama, synthetic marijuana is a substance of abuse and possession of it is a violation of the law..

Too many people here are confusing "testing positive" (which breaks no laws) and being busted on a drug charge. The two have nothing to do with eachother. That's why the above policy exists.

Edited by Mr. WEO

From the substances-of-abuse policy:

"A player will normally be subject to discipline up to and including suspension without pay for four regular and/or postseason games for a first
violation of the law related to substances of abuse
other than alcohol and for six regular and/or postseason games for a second violation of the law related to substances of abuse other than alcohol."

In Alabama, synthetic marijuana is a substance of abuse and possession of it is a violation of the law..

Too many people here are confusing "testing positive" (which breaks no laws) and being busted on a drug charge. The two have nothing to do with eachother. That's why the above policy exists.

Although Goodell hasn't used it, from what I can tell. That's what I meant be no precedent. Looking at the suspensions over the past few years, all were related to PEDs or banned substances. That is what I was referring to. Clearly it is possible according to the policy, but "assuming" it will happen is what I said. Also, he wasn't arrested for an OVI, he was arrested for possession. So while I know nothing about law enforcement, I don't know if he has violated substances of abuse.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Who's the LEADER/LEADERS in the locker room that will grab this chump by the collar to let him know we are trying to accomplish positive things here and his antics aren't helping? The Bills need a Darryl Talley, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith group of players in there to reign this guy in!!

Edited by the skycap

Who's the LEADER/LEADERS in the locker room that will grab this chump by the collar to let him know we are trying to accomplish positive things here and his antics aren't helping? The Bills need a Darryl Talley, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith group of players in there to reign this guy in!!

That may have already happened, and not worked.

Although Goodell hasn't used it, from what I can tell. That's what I meant be no precedent. Looking at the suspensions over the past few years, all were related to PEDs or banned substances. That is what I was referring to. Clearly it is possible according to the policy, but "assuming" it will happen is what I said. Also, he wasn't arrested for an OVI, he was arrested for possession. So while I know nothing about law enforcement, I don't know if he has violated substances of abuse.

He has violated the law regarding substances of abuse--and that's what this rule specifically addresses. There aren't many instances of such arrests in recent NFL history (except big busts like Sam Hurd, who didn't need to be suspended--he was sentenced to 15 years), so you won't find much precedent. Most busts were for marijuana and most players were cut by their teams (http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/?appSession=150107793802400&RecordID=&PageID=2&PrevPageID=&cpipage=3&CPISortType=&CPIorderBy=)

But this specific rule was written for obvious reasons--and this case falls squarely in the category of violations this rule was meant to address/punish.

Because a rule hasn't had to be enforced in the past doesn't mean it can't or won't be enforced. That's not a strong defense.

I see Dwayne Bowe got arrested for possession of marijuana last season (speeding and got pulled over). He was not suspended and the team did nothing, He could still get suspended, it looks like if it is a first offense it would be 1 game but he can appeal it.

Jason Snelling got the same thing and he was not suspended by the league. The Falcons sat him for one game.

Just looking at some situations that may be similar.

He has violated the law regarding substances of abuse--and that's what this rule specifically addresses. There aren't many instances of such arrests in recent NFL history (except big busts like Sam Hurd, who didn't need to be suspended--he was sentenced to 15 years), so you won't find much precedent. Most busts were for marijuana and most players were cut by their teams (http://www.utsandieg...ype==)

But this specific rule was written for obvious reasons--and this case falls squarely in the category of violations this rule was meant to address/punish.

Because a rule hasn't had to be enforced in the past doesn't mean it can't or won't be enforced. That's not a strong defense.

I'm not defending anything. You seem to think I am arguing with you? My point was I said it was possible, but I don't "assume" something to happen that I have never seen happen.

Dareus can't be any dumber. After just getting arrested a couple of weeks ago to race through Hamburg. Regarding Marrone, he is not responsible for Dareus being a knucklehead.

If I was Marrone, Marcell would be running and doing up downs until he pukes, passes out or doesn't have any more energy to get into trouble.

It's not easy telling a 6' 3", 331 lb pound multi-millionaire what to do. I think the team needs to assign him a chauffer 24-7 and we ought to start a group of fans who promise to boycott any bar in Erie County that would serve him a drink of anything besides orange juice.

Oh to be young and stupid with millions of dollars. I hope he won the drag race. And what cop gave threw the book at our beloved pro bowler? Back in the day they would have let him go for an autograph. I hope he gets his stuff straightened out. Mr. Smokey smokey racey racey is going to be key to the Bills Superbowl run this year and I am serious.

Edited by bmur66