WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frankly, it sounds like it shouldn't be any surprise to the team that it was happening - only that MD got caught. It's hard to have that many guys (if the initial list is accurate) participating and not have it well known in the locker room

Yes, and we don't know the whole story as to what has and has not been allowed to this point if they did know (in the parking lot) ... this will make them crack down for sure.

@wgrzpete

Marrone: I believe in Marcel, we are going to do everything we can to help him. @WGRZ pic.twitter.com/aGqGM2UtjL

@StepnerWKBW

Marrone: "Marcell will not be attending OTAs but will be attending minicamp. I believe in Marcell." #Bills

@StepnerWKBW

Marrone says it's more of a mutual decision that Dareus is not attending rest of OTAs. He has not suspended Dareus. #Bills

Help him....what? Be even more of a knucklehead?

Good to see "No Nonsense Marrone" taking such a hard line with Dareus. It was bad enough they just hired a DC who had a reputation as a guy who got pushed around as a HC by his talented young D players.

Ok, so Marcell was "arrested and charged with reckless endangerment in the second degree, a class A misdemeanor; reckless driving and participating in an illegal speed contest, both unclassified misdemeanors; and traffic violations." Jerry Hughes was involved as well. Other than the fact this was incredibly stupid (especially for Marcell), let's take a deep breath here.

I'm no lawyer, but to me it sounds like it's going to be incredibly hard for a prosecutor to get the "illegal speed contest" charges to stick. We don't know the full story, but from reports it sounds like police only arrived on the scene after Marcell's car hit the tree. They supposedly have "witnesses," but will those witnesses actually testify once they know its a Buffalo Bill that's charged? Will they get scared away from the media attention and pressure from friends? Also, would they actually be able to finger Marcell on the stand as the one they saw in the driver seat?

Considering Marcell will most likely buy the best lawyer money can buy to create this doubt, I would assume the prosecutor will probably cut a deal that might include reckless endangerment or a similar lesser charge, some serious fines and possibly a suspended license. Can't see Hughes getting anything worse than that if, again, no police actually saw the crime being committed. Money buys justice, and this is a slap on the wrist for something that could have ended much, much worse.

Regarding an extension here, the Bills are in a tough spot. Hopefully this will FINALLY serve as a wake-up call to this kid and hopefully he'll prove to them he deserves it in the next two years.

EDIT: I'm not arguing that Marcell should avoid punishment if he actually deserves it, I'm just speculating how I feel this will work through our legal system.

I'm pretty sure if they fingered a witness, they themselves would face some sort of charges....

Anyway, your post is a riot. Like the fact that he is a football player woild "scare away" a witness from testifying. So is your theory that the racing charge will go away after police were called to the scene by witnesses...for two cars racing. Then of course, there is the skid marks and the car wrapped up on the tree... and the fact that he fled the scene.

Nothing to see here everyone. Nothing actually happened.

ANyone wonder why he fled the scene? Hmmm.....

A public defender could get that deal....he'll end up with a speeding ticket, disorderly conduct (in satisfaction of the speed contest and leaving the scene of a property damage accident) and another Disorderly Conduct for Reckless Endangerment (he won't end up with any misdemeanors). If he has a clean record (which at this time he does because the Alabama thing is still pending) the DA's typically make a reasonable offer. He'll pay fines and get points on his license.

Did he actually leave the scene? I hadn't heard that part.

Help him....what? Be even more of a knucklehead?

Good to see "No Nonsense Marrone" taking such a hard line with Dareus. It was bad enough they just hired a DC who had a reputation as a guy who got pushed around as a HC by his talented young D players.

I'm pretty sure if they fingered a witness, they themselves would face some sort of charges....

Anyway, your post is a riot. Like the fact that he is a football player woild "scare away" a witness from testifying. So is your theory that the racing charge will go away after police were called to the scene by witnesses...for two cars racing. Then of course, there is the skid marks and the car wrapped up on the tree... and the fact that he fled the scene.

Nothing to see here everyone. Nothing actually happened.

ANyone wonder why he fled the scene? Hmmm.....

Something like that happened here last summer with Carlos Hyde incident. Accuser dropped charges because of all the backlash she got from fans, and he friends told the police they didn't remember anything. Don't think it would happen with a witness though in a car wreck. Edited by YoloinOhio

A little dissapointed that Hughes would engage in this type of illegal activity with MD knowing of his recent legal troubles

CBF

I think the disappointing part is that this could be part of a larger "culture" thing in the Bills locker room when it comes to street racing. The video posted with Fred Jackson and Aaron Williams betting slips is not a good sign that this is an isolated issue.

I think this could have been something that's been going on for years at the Ralph's parking lot but Darcel was the first dummy to crash his car.

I just read the police report and there was no mention of him leaving the scene.

Didn't somebody post that they saw him in the parking lot talking and laughing with the police?