WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

His offenses aren't terrible but like I've said, his public response has been really disheartening. Atleast show the awareness in the media that it's wrong even if you struggle with decision making in the heat of the moment come midnight. That at noon he doesn't think it's an issue means its unlikely to change anytime soon.

You obviously keep him but I'm not sure what expectations to have going forward. As long as "he's just having fun" we will continue to see "things just happen." Hopefully this is a little nudge towards the wake up call.

Yeah I don't disagree with you at all. I'm not saying this isn't troubling. The OP suggested they release him, which it sounds like you and I agree, would be preposterous.

let's not rush to judgment and assume this is bad. it's entirely possible he was just arrested for something like...speeding. because he was late for a meeting with marrone. and he didn't want to get suspended for the first half of our first preseason game.

when you think about it that way, it actually reveals a lot of maturity and personal growth on his part. i'm proud of the kid.

your insight is breathtaking Dirt !

and your optimism and positivity well.. you sure are optimistic and upbeat :thumbsup:

No way you release an important player for misdemeanor traffic violations.

He is a pain in the coach's @$$, but so what? Let the coach deal with him. He hasn't hurt anyone, dealt drugs, or stolen money, he is just acting like a fool.

Edited by HoF Watkins

That's definitely not true.

Anyway...like someone said earlier, how hard is it to NOT do stupid sh-- like this? This guy must have a peanut sized brain. Smh.

A year ago he was scared to leave the house, now it seems he's acting out like crazy. Wouldn't shock me if it's less about stupidity or arrogance and more to do with being immature and dealing with huge amounts of grief. It's no excuse but I wouldn't be shocked if this is moving on from depression to some sort of rebellious phase of his grief (living like there's no tomorrow gone wrong).

I know its not a popular opinion but IDGAF and I think he can play fine smoking pot and street racing.

I know i can. pretty sure .

wait no i cant . If its like walking and chewing gum .

Darius ( i spelled it wrong on purpose im so pissed ) your and idiot .

Not if goodell sits him down.

I have never been someone who thinks you need a team of choir boys but this roster has numerous unreliable characters with no real leadership in place with winning experience

Kinda fun when you consider the last 14 years

Where are all the cheerleaders who said we had to get this guy because "you build up the trenches?". "Don't "waste picks" on secondary or wideout." Well we passed on Patrick Peterson who may be the best db in the league, and aj Greene one of the top wr's. #3 overall on dareus my arse, what a waste

I am right here.

He may need to go now, but maybe a babysitter is in order like the Cowboys did with D.Bryant. In any case, Bills need to look to draft some depth in the middle rounds of next years draft at D-Line. Have Dareus doing this stuff and K.Williams getting older.

Yeah I don't disagree with you at all. I'm not saying this isn't troubling. The OP suggested they release him, which it sounds like you and I agree, would be preposterous.

Yup - same page. That would be crazy, but it puts us in a pickle as his contract nears it's end. Hopefully he gets over the hump of whatever he's got going on in his life soon - for both our and his sake.

He may need to go now, but maybe a babysitter is in order like the Cowboys did with D.Bryant. In any case, Bills need to look to draft some depth in the middle rounds of next years draft at D-Line. Have Dareus doing this stuff and K.Williams getting older.

I was thinking the same thing. Dez has been good with a babysitter. The Bills need to help this kid grow up and he needs to want to be helped.

A year ago he was scared to leave the house, now it seems he's acting out like crazy. Wouldn't shock me if it's less about stupidity or arrogance and more to do with being immature and dealing with huge amounts of grief. It's no excuse but I wouldn't be shocked if this is moving on from depression to some sort of rebellious phase of his grief (living like there's no tomorrow gone wrong).

You know the five stages of grieving right ?

Kid needs a Dad and he aint gonna get one. He is going to have to be his own parent at some point

You know the five stages of grieving right ?

Kid needs a Dad and he aint gonna get one. He is going to have to be his own parent at some point

Like I said - no excuse but probably not terribly far fetched. Doesn't change anything for us with regards to the cause - he just has to figure out how to stop it.

At what point do we stop making f-ing excuses for this guy.

Life is about choices, he needs to choose to be a grown up and to play football. If not, he's not helping our team to succeed.

He's becoming our next Marshawn Lynch all over again.

Let's trade him for a 4th round pick so he can go to a new team, become one if the top 5 best at his position and win a Super Bowl ring.... That marshawn lynch??

How many playoff wins does Dareus have? Tebow?

zero for Dareus and 1 for Tebow

What do I win? Tebow also has more playoff wins than AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Robert Quinn and Calvin Johnson -COMBINED!! Can you believe it?!?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Life is about choices, he needs to choose to be a grown up and to play football. If not, he's not helping our team to succeed.

Oh you mean the guy who got his act together as he got older and was a main ingredient in helping his team win the SB? Yeah great point, let's get rid of Dareus now so he can go on to help another team and lets do it because he likes to smoke weed, drag race and he's late to meetings. Yep, sounds like a young rich kid. Thank God Whaleys in charge and not members of this board.

Maybe we can trade him for pennies on the dollar to a team he helps win a Superbowl, too.

zero for Dareus and 1 for Tebow

What do I win? Tebow also has more playoff wins than AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Robert Quinn and Calvin Johnson -COMBINED!! Can you believe it?!?

I know. Severely under drafted player, eh?

Where are all the cheerleaders who said we had to get this guy because "you build up the trenches?". "Don't "waste picks" on secondary or wideout." Well we passed on Patrick Peterson who may be the best db in the league, and aj Greene one of the top wr's. #3 overall on dareus my arse, what a waste

I'm not certain, but I don't think they had the knowledge at that time that if the Bills took a DT, he would get arrested 3 years later. I think they actually just advocated for building up the trenches.

This is just getting ridiculous...Worst part is that the Bills need this kid on the field at his very best for 16 games and the chance of that happening in 2014 look slim at best...

Great...Just great Marcell...Hope you had a ton of fun... B-)

I know. Severely under drafted player, eh?

I'm not sure I am following. I was under the impression that you were insinuating that this team would be better off with Tebow than Dareus? If so, no idea what to say. If not, I have no idea why you brought up playoff wins. Either way I am totally confused.

Like I said - no excuse but probably not terribly far fetched. Doesn't change anything for us with regards to the cause - he just has to figure out how to stop it.

I must say it doesn't look very good right now . i dont think he hears what advice is surely being given to him from the coaching staff.

Just having fun ? I am thinking that is his attitude for real . If he did not have a multi milion dollar job with obligations and potential career , maybe that would be swell . I do have sympathy for him. But does he want to play football or go sort his life out . No disrespect

I'm not certain, but I don't think they had the knowledge at that time that if the Bills took a DT, he would get arrested 3 years later. I think they actually just advocated for building up the trenches.

I supose its possible they were trying to better the defensive line with a quick strong fat kid who could move around the line and play ball when the Bills needed that badly .

Can Seantrel Henderson play DT??

I believe he also said he would play wherever it helped the team. inside or out. Boy is he in for a surprise isn't he !

I think a good comparison is the issues with Aldon Smith in SF. They are not happy but they are working with him. Too much talent to cut the cord. Until the league takes him off the field, you play him.

I think the only reason Marrone benched him last year was because we were out of the playoffs,. Had we been playing for something in the last 2 games, he would be played and they would have found another way to send a message.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I could not be happier.....

We now have an all jackass team!! My dream come true! I am sick of the nice guy team. The Merv Levy teams were full of jackasses!!!

Time to go to Vegas and bet on the Bills going the playoffs!!!

Edited by Iraq Vet