WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

Does anyone else think this is not gonna sit well with Marrone at all?

I remember the word on him coming out of Syracuse and how while turning that college around several players were up and gone because Marrone wouldnt stand for BS

Then you have Darius getting benched for being late to team meetings....

Now this.....

I think Marrone must be extremely PO'd right now and even if the league DOESNT suspend him....Marrone will to make an example

On a personal note....I am just so disapointed him him....its not that the drug itself....its that when you use a pick THAT high on a player you expect him to be a foundation of your team....that means SETTING EXAMPLE on the team......WTF Marcel!

^^^^^^ This +1.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right, but--and I'll have to do a lap around the Internet for this--they two men violated laws enforced differently by two different states, essentially meaning the same violation is considered to have two separate degrees of severity--and that's not in Dareus' favor.

doesnt mean itll be to his disadvantage either.

Yes but... different scenario. Just hoping for the best.

Vastly different. But my point is that PigBen was never even charged of a crime then, much less convicted of one and was still suspended. Roger has considerable leeway in these situations it seems.

I quoted the rule--it's not for felonies only. Obviously the league has discretion to rule, but the rule certainly allows suspension even if he takes a lesser charge.

Except the NFLPA says you are wrong, and the league didn't even try to contradict them. Do i have to quote DeMaurice Smith again?

Edited by Fingon

Vastly different. But my point is that PigBen was never even charged of a crime then, much less convicted of one and was still suspended. Roger has considerable leeway in these situations it seems.

Yep - hopefully he's too busy with all the draft hoopla to hear about it and it gets swept under the rug until his lawyer can make some headway on the charge. Has he even dealt with Aldon Smith yet?

Mark my words, this makes us a playoff team. Spikes, Williams, Dareus, Stevie J, we just need to add Incognito after the draft. I hear Ebron is a selfish jerk too. Draft him!

I am sick of nice guy locker rooms. George Wilson was a super great guy... no playoffs. We are on our way to an all-jackass team. SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME! :thumbsup:

I want a winning team, not an all saints team. I am sick of losing.

Edited by Iraq Vet

Yep - hopefully he's too busy with all the draft hoopla to hear about it and it gets swept under the rug until his lawyer can make some headway on the charge. Has he even dealt with Aldon Smith yet?

Haha, I don't think he gets paid $16M to let things get lost in the wind. I admire your optimism, though.

I don't know, ask the sheriff's department in Cleburne County Alabama. They know what they found him wiht and arrested im for a violation of the law. It doesn't matter what we think is legal.

Doesn't matter. It's ridiculous to be labelled a felony and again I doubt Dareus gets hit with one. In any case, they can do what Marshawn is doing and delay it for years.

I think the timing will piss Goodell off even more. Draft is by far the biggest NFL event between February and September, and this moron gets arrested 2 days before. In a way, I hope Goodell throws the full book at him and suspends him 4 games. Dareus needs a wake-up call.

This is big news for today, but honestly, it's a pretty small matter. He was busted for synthetic weed, for chrissake. It'll pass.

Yeah, but not for another 30 days. May be less, depending on his exercise level and how much water he drinks. Even less if he drinks lots of cranberry juice.

I think the timing will piss Goodell off even more. Draft is by far the biggest NFL event between February and September, and this moron gets arrested 2 days before. In a way, I hope Goodell throws the full book at him and suspends him 4 games. Dareus needs a wake-up call.

Not me. I want him on the field. I realize he needs a wake-up call but I hope it comes in a different way than taking him off the field.

Yeah, but not for another 30 days. May be less, depending on his exercise level and how much water he drinks. Even less if he drinks lots of cranberry juice.

See my earlier post....the test for Spice or K-2, the synthetic form of marijuana, is very different....

From the Twitter (fwiw): According to arrest report, @buffalobills DL Marcell Dareus was pulled over in a 2011 Jaguar XJL, and was sober upon arrest. #Bills @wvuatv

To be charged with a felony, while sober, for fake weed seems pretty ass-backwards...

Assume a search of the car was attached to something the Officer observed while he pulled him over for speeding...the drugs and paraphernalia - assuming they belong to Dareus and that they were actually found in the vehicle - doesn't necessarily mean Dareus was under the influence at the time, merely in possession of them...