2014 Bills Rookie Minicamp

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richardson is doing to be a force on the inside. This Offensive line will be the ones pushing people around this season. Size and power is something this team has lack for the past decade on the O line.

You all know I'm a big UB guy but I never thought Lee was anything special. I think some of these camp invites are a favor to the school.

Yeah, good guy. Tries hard good high school coach. That's all. He could make the cfl

Anyone notice this nugget in Marrone's presser? He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "there's no herky-jerk to him (Watkins), he's smooth and that's what makes him a very good receiver".

Anyone else think that was a shot at Stevie Johnson? Don't get me wrong, I like Stevie, but I feared his route running would hurt a young QB's development and the offense as a whole and it looks like it did. That's why we got rid of him.

Edited by NoJustice

Anyone notice this nugget in Marrone's presser? He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "there's no herky-jerk to him (Watkins), he's smooth and that's what makes him a very good receiver".

Anyone else think that was a shot at Stevie Johnson? Don't get me wrong, I like Stevie, but I feared his route running would hurt a young QB's development and the offense as a whole and it looks like it did. That's why we got rid of him.

Nice pickup. I heard that and wondered what he meant. We don't have any receivers with Parkinsons or Touerettes....I think he was referring to SJ.

Now that you mention it, it does stick.out as being a reference to Stevie. In trying to make sense of a team shipping out a thousand yard per year receiver, there's a list possible reasons. One I hadn't considered was that although he can always get open, EJ and Stevie didn't have chemistry together. In front office's efforts to surround EJ with the tools to succeed, does that exend enough to get rid of a good receiver?

Now that you mention it, it does stick.out as being a reference to Stevie. In trying to make sense of a team shipping out a thousand yard per year receiver, there's a list possible reasons. One I hadn't considered was that although he can always get open, EJ and Stevie didn't have chemistry together. In front office's efforts to surround EJ with the tools to succeed, does that exend enough to get rid of a good receiver?

Marrone did go on to say something about timing. SJ's style of route running couldn't have helped on timing routes. He was certainly good, but at what cost do you keep him if our offense is predicated on timing routes?

This is the line I liked best from Marrone:

I'll say the same thing and I've said this every year I've been in the NFL since my first year, I really don't care how you got here. I don't care if you were drafted. I don't care if you were signed in an open tryout. I don't care if you're a seventh round draft pick, I really don't care. All I care about is what you're going to do now that you're here. That's the one thing I control. I control who plays and who doesn't play. If you want to play, do it right there.

Nice pickup. I heard that and wondered what he meant. We don't have any receivers with Parkinsons or Touerettes....I think he was referring to SJ.

Interesting pick up. I hadn't didn't given it a thought. But herky jerky was a good paraphrase for when revis, questioned about SJ13s success against him, dismissively talked about unorthodox routes.

If you add that woods is probably the smoothest router runner from 2013 coupled with the immediate chemistry he and EJ did seem to find, it could be that EJs anticipation just couldn't handle Stevie's erratic unorthodox route running.

Williams btw also seems to have smooth speed and cuts.

Nice read between the lines.

Only 7 obviously's. Marrone needs OTA's to get up to speed.

His first word in the presser . . . obviously! "Obviously . . ."

Obviously, it was

agree. Im friends with him. He was a solid no. 2 at ub but I think thats it. Great guy but its gonna take a lot for him to make the nfl.

I love UB football and wish more Bills fans would follow them. They usually play when the Bills are out of town so why not? But I only thought 2 players had NFL potential: Mack and Oliver. Would have loved the Bills to bring in BO.

Ole herky jerky Johnson might be the long term plan in SF according to the pft tv show.

With the 49ers abundance of talent and people to pay they might have to part ways with Crabtree next year.

That wouldn't be surprising. Crabtree has his moments but is too inconsistent. The best receiver on that team is still Vernon Davis.