Buffalo Bills Undrafted Free Agents

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a real student of the game. He makes others around him better. He gives it 110%. Has a high floor. He is the first man in and the last to leave. He can throw a football through a garden hose. He was the most interesting backup Qb in college football. He is the most interesting 5th quarterback in the NFL. He is Coach Kenny Guiton. He is a Buffalo Bill.

Ha! I don't know if this is sarcastic or not, but that's OK either way. I don't know if he will stick (heck they aren't even giving him a contract yet) but I am sure pulling for him. They could do much worse than having this kid around.

Ha! I don't know if this is sarcastic or not, but that's OK either way. I don't know if he will stick (heck they aren't even giving him a contract yet) but I am sure pulling for him. They could do much worse than having this kid around.

This x 1,000....there is nothing not to like about Kenny Guiton

He seems to have a ponderous throwing motion. Kinda side-arm, kinda slow wind-up. Seems like he aims the ball instead of letting it rip.

But based on his (biased) highlight reel, the ball seems to get where it needs to be, with decent touch. So the question becomes: do you try to fix his mechanics? If you do you might ruin him. If you dont, his ceiling is career backup.

Edited by maddenboy

It was semi sarcastic. Just having some fun. I did see him play a few times and he looked good. I have no idea how it will work out but I think he is a better fit for what this team wants to do offensively than Tuel

He seems to have a ponderous throwing motion. Kinda side-arm, kinda slow wind-up. Seems like he aims the ball instead of letting it rip.

But based on his (biased) highlight reel, the ball seems to get where it needs to be, with decent touch. So the question becomes: do you try to fix his mechanics? If you do you might ruin him. If you dont, his ceiling is career backup.

The clip is interesting but most of the passes were to wide open receivers. Also, he was under little pressure, which doesn't tell you as much about him as it does his offensive line. In any case, hope he makes it to camp. Competition for EJ is a big plus, especially if you're not sold on EJ.

Which 2013 Ohio State quarterback set the school single-game TD record and was voted team captain? The backup. Guiton was able to run the Urban/Herman offense almost as well as Braxton Miller (at times better?), so I'm pretty sure he'll be able to fully understand the Bills offense based on what we saw last year. I'm pulling for him.

It was semi sarcastic. Just having some fun. I did see him play a few times and he looked good. I have no idea how it will work out but I think he is a better fit for what this team wants to do offensively than Tuel

Especially if what this team wants to do offensively is win.

The clip is interesting but most of the passes were to wide open receivers. Also, he was under little pressure, which doesn't tell you as much about him as it does his offensive line. In any case, hope he makes it to camp. Competition for EJ is a big plus, especially if you're not sold on EJ.

I see him as more competition for Tuel. There is a reason he wasn't drafted or even given a contract, yet I believe he can be a better NFL QB than Tuel and as we hope our 3rd QB never sees the field, I like what he would bring to the practice field, film room and locker room. While he may see the field as we saw last year, I personally think he could handle it and rise up. He is a gamer. I think Tuel is more of a good practice guy, but not ready for prime time.

IMO that is his ceiling anyway in the NFL. I don't see him becoming a starter in the NFL. He has limited game experience and the Matt Cassell story was an anomoly. But I also think he has a higher floor than Tuel as a developmental guy. Edited by YoloinOhio

Bring on competition! Not sold on what we have at QB by a long shot.

This isn't competition. This is someone who will battle for the 3rd or 4th QB position and a spot on the practice squad. Everything indicates that he's a great kid; high character, high football IQ and I'd love it if he could unseat Tuel.

I know that the douche bag ESPN Radio personality in Columbus who coined the nickname Smooth Jazz is creaming in his pants to see it follow Guiton to Buffalo.

So he's got adequate NFL arm strength, high football IQ, is a hard worker, decent size (he's bigger than Brees or Wilson), high character, and played well when given a chance in a premier football program. Why didn't he get drafted?

Honestly, he look like a better pure passer than Miller at times. He's better than Tuel.

Re Miller, that was my take too. The guy seems to be a better fit for the pros than Miller will be.

Re Tuel, I don't think anyone should underestimate him. I think with the PT he got last year, he could take a huge step forward.

He was the back up QB at Ohio State. He could have started at a number of programs - but was behind Braxton Miller who is a dynamic playmaker, 5 star recruit and no one was going to beat him out because he is just an amazing athlete. Miller got banged up last year and this year and Guiton was VERY impressive when he played. He is a better pure passer (and maybe better all-around QB) than Miller and there was somewhat of a QB controversy here. He is a fan favorite. He is clutch, a winner, and a great attitude. He was elected as a team captain as a backup QB. He reads defenses very well and is very accurate. He holds the Ohio State school record for TD passes in a game (6). His nickname is "Smooth Jazz" (Kenny G)... every time Braxton went down we all got excited. Nothing against Braxton, but this kid was something special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjwyM1fRuC0

His throws look effortless. I don't like that. I want effort.

But really, Tuel had better be watching his six.

Agree on all counts. I'm an OSU grad, but not a honk. I watch virtually all of their games. My appraisal of their QBs was that Miller was a better athlete, but Guiton the better QB. The quote I heard from a scout (second hand) was that Miller is a better thrower, but Guiton is the better passer. Kenny G is a player I really like and think he's got a real chance in the NFL. I'm glad it is with the Bills.

So he's got adequate NFL arm strength, high football IQ, is a hard worker, decent size (he's bigger than Brees or Wilson), high character, and played well when given a chance in a premier football program. Why didn't he get drafted?

There's very little tape on him, he doesn't have elite measurable's and when he did play he did not face high-level competition. In a draft that wasn't as deep as this one I think he would've been a late round pick.

Playing time.