Time for Hard Knocks 2014 in Buffalo! [update: Atlanta picked]

I know nobody likes the distraction but the Bills have a number of compelling story lines that would make it interesting to see:

1. New ownership in the offing. How does this affect the behavior of coaches and/or the GM?
  2. EJ's second year - He's under much more pressure now that the Bills have gone all out giving him weapons.
  3. Sammy Watkins - The most interesting rookie outside of Manzel.
  4. Whaley - all but predicting a playoff season and went "all in" on the trade for Watkins.
  5. Dareus - Under a cloud due to off-field arrest.
  6. Wide Out battle - Even with Stevie gone, who gets the slots?
  7. Cyrus Kouandjio - Can he overcome injury that dropped him in the draft?
  8. Seantrel Henderson - Can he put his demons behind him and live up to his potential?

Yes, Cleveland would certainly be a rating grabber but the NFL just did a movie on that franchise. Seattle would be interesting too given their SB win but the individual story lines are not as interesting as the Bills.

Hey, the draft is now over. Something new to think about!

EdW

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Distractions? How about get used to it...I'm sick of the sentiment among fans that these grown men somehow need to be babied or protected from reality. You know what they do after practice? They load up their SUV's with their boys and some hookers, paint the town with booze and blow and then practice the next morning.

It's kind of like the idea of not having two QB's on your roster to avoid hurting anyones confidence...give me a break....if youre a multimillion dollar human thorobred, you should have no problem being in a stable full of them. If it were me, and thankfull its not, any QB/WR that gets flustered because I sign another one instantly outs themselves as weak minded and unfit for professional football.

I know nobody likes the distraction but the Bills have a number of compelling story lines that would make it interesting to see:

1. New ownership in the offing. How does this affect the behavior of coaches and/or the GM?

2. EJ's second year - He's under much more pressure now that the Bills have gone all out giving him weapons.

4. Whaley - all but predicting a playoff season and went "all in" on the trade for Watkins.

8. Seantrel Henderson - Can he put his demons behind him and live up to his potential?

Yes, Cleveland would certainly be a rating grabber but the NFL just did a movie on that franchise. Seattle would be interesting too given their SB win but the individual story lines are not as interesting as the Bills.

EdW

Not to mention the passing of a father to the nfl, Ralph Wilson. While also considering Jim Kelly's battle with cancer/ownership involvement. This team has so much to fuel them, so many new pieces and the possibility of blossoming into the best in the afc east. Although Cleveland's got a lot going on both good and bad... Who wouldn't love watching a team make the playoffs after a 14 year drought. I hope HBO feels the same as I do.

@RVacchianoNYDN: The Giants won't be on Hard Knocks, but Johnny and the Browns might be, says @nydnraiss ... http://nydn.us/1j79mpr

I thought the Browns were a lock until I heard that the Browns are forbidding any national media from the rookie mini-camp and limiting media access to JFF. Appparently they are afraid of distractions, and also forgot who they drafted.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Teams that 1) have a new head coach, 2) made the postseason in one of the last two seasons or 3) were on the show in the last 10 years can opt out of being included.

That leaves the Bears, Bills, Cardinals, Giants, Jaguars, Raiders, Rams and Steelers as teams the NFL could mandate to appear on the show.

Link

Pettine experienced Hard Knocks when he was with the Jets, and he also was there for the Tebow-mania where ESPN set up camp at SUNY Cortland for their whole TC. If he has a say, I think he'll pass. But I don't know if Haslam will give him an option.

Teams that 1) have a new head coach, 2) made the postseason in one of the last two seasons or 3) were on the show in the last 10 years can opt out of being included.

That leaves the Bears, Bills, Cardinals, Giants, Jaguars, Raiders, Rams and Steelers as teams the NFL could mandate to appear on the show.

Link

I think the league came out and said that they don't have to mandate anybody this year and a team is being chosen from a group of volunteers.

You could be a producer. You produced solid story lines...for Bills fans. People don't care about them.

The Browns or Eagles will be getting it this year.

As for distraction, I'm all for it. Buffalo needs some national exposure. Zero worries about any media distraction.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

You could be a producer. You produced solid story lines...for Bills fans. People don't care about them.

As for distraction, I'm all for it. Buffalo needs some national exposure. Zero worries about any media distraction.

Most people didnt/dont care about the Jaguars, Dolphins, and Bengals yet they all got the show, and the producers were able to come up with enough story lines.

Really, they can just follow the same formula of focusing on the rookies, coaches making decisions, and veteran hijinks and it will be interesting enough to even the casual NFL fans. People just want the behind-the-scenes look at the lives of NFL players. Doesnt really matter which team they are on.

Pass.

Life is not a reality show...

But the NFL totally is. And it prints money. Honestly, if I were Marrone and I were asked, I'd say "why not?"

Marrone could be gone next year unless he goes deep in the playoffs. Getting himself more on the map would not be the worst thing in the world. Showing the nation what is special about the Bills in Buffalo/WNY is another good reason to do this.

Browns can't get it as they have a new HC....

As I understand it, teams with new HCs have the option to do it, but the league will not make them do it if they choose not to.

I forget, and you very well might be right...I just recall that is a DQ if the NFL has to decide which team...

I forget, and you very well might be right...I just recall that is a DQ if the NFL has to decide which team...

If no team volunteers, and the NFL has to mandate a team, they will not mandate a team with a 1st yr HC to do it, But, if a team with a 1st yr HC is asked if they would like to do it and says yes, or volunteers, the 1st year HC factor is OK. I think that is how it goes. So, the Browns would only be involved if they choose to be.

Sweet yet another hard knocks thread that only makes about fifty.

We've cracked 30...keep it up!!!! I would love to see hard knocks in Buffalo, and thinking about that show reminds be of the good old days with the Empire sports network around training camp....good times...

Distractions? How about get used to it...I'm sick of the sentiment among fans that these grown men somehow need to be babied or protected from reality. You know what they do after practice? They load up their SUV's with their boys and some hookers, paint the town with booze and blow and then practice the next morning.

It's kind of like the idea of not having two QB's on your roster to avoid hurting anyones confidence...give me a break....if youre a multimillion dollar human thorobred, you should have no problem being in a stable full of them. If it were me, and thankfull its not, any QB/WR that gets flustered because I sign another one instantly outs themselves as weak minded and unfit for professional football.

Most asinine post of the day. :wallbash:

Pass.

Life is not a reality show...

Actually, life is the best reality show!!! Real life anyways, not that crap they sell as "reality" TV. Turn off the TV...unless the Bills are on!!!! :thumbsup:

I am all for the Bills on Hard Knocks.

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection

Browns can't get it as they have a new HC....

They can, they just have the option of opting out if the NFL said, we want the browns to be on hard knocks this season.

Well if the Bills do end up on hard knocks, it's a good thing stevie was traded..... WAIT A SECOND! That's why he was traded!

I should start a new thread about conspiracy theories and stevie being traded because the bills didn't want him on hard knocks.

Edited by The Wiz

EdW

Please God NO.... can we please pass on the circus JUST THIS ONCE???????