Schefter: Eagles trade Bryce Brown to Bills

Punch

I love how people overvalue late round draft picks on this board so much. Look at this way: if you drafted a running back in the fourth round and after two years in the league he flashed the potential that Bryce Brown has, then you would consider it a successful pick. But people continue to believe that future 4th and 5th round draft picks will result in the drafting of magic players down the road. Look up the 4th round of a draft 7-8 years ago and look at how many ever make the Pro Bowl, let alone are even still in the league. Good trade.

4 100 Raiders Michael Bush RB

4 101 Jaguars Adam Podlesh P

4 102 Vikings Brian Robison DE

4 103 Cowboys Isaiah Stanback QB

4 104 49ers Jay Moore DE

4 105 Lions A. J. Davis CB

4 106 Buccanears Tanard Jackson S

4 107 Saints Antonio Pittman RB

4 108 Dolphins Paul Soliai† DT

4 109 Falcons Stephen Nicholas LB

4 110 Raiders John Bowie CB

4 111 Bills Dwayne Wright RB

4 112 Steelers Daniel Sepulveda P

4 113 Jaguars Brian Smith LB

4 114 Bengals Marvin White S

4 115 Titans Leroy Harris C

4 116 Giants Zak DeOssie† LB

4 117 Lions Manuel Ramírez G

4 118 Panthers Ryne Robinson WR

4 119 Packers Allen Barbre OT

4 120 Seahawks Baraka Atkins DE

4 121 Broncos Marcus Thomas DT

4 122 Cowboys Doug Free OT

4 123 Texans Fred Bennett CB

4 124 Seahawks Mansfield Wrotto G

4 125 Saints Jermon Bushrod† OT

4 126 49ers Dashon Goldson† S

4 127 Patriots Kareem Brown DT

4 128 Titans Chris Davis WR

4 129 Chargers Scott Chandler TE

4 130 Bears Josh Beekman G

4 131 Colts Brannon Condren S

4* 132 Steelers Ryan McBean DT

4* 133 Falcons Martrez Milner TE

4* 134 Ravens Antwan Barnes LB

4* 135 49ers Joe Cohen DE

4* 136 Colts Clint Session LB

4* 137 Ravens Le'Ron McClain† FB

4 100 Raiders Tyvon Branch CB

4 101 Rams Justin King CB

4 102 Packers Jeremy Thompson DE

4 103 Titans William Hayes DE

4 104 Browns Beau Bell LB

4 105 Chiefs William Franklin WR

4 106 Ravens Marcus Smith WR

4 107 49ers Cody Wallace C

4 108 Broncos Kory Lichtensteiger C

4 109 Eagles Mike McGlynn G

4 110 Dolphins Shawn Murphy OT

4 111 Browns Martin Rucker TE

4 112 Bengals Anthony Collins OT

4 113 Jets Dwight Lowery CB

4 114 Bills Reggie Corner CB

4 115 Buccaneers Dre Moore DT

4 116 Cardinals Kenny Iwebema DE

4 117 Eagles Quintin Demps S

4 118 Texans Xavier Adibi LB

4 119 Broncos Jack Williams CB

4 120 Bears Craig Steltz S

4 121 Seahawks Red Bryant DT

4 122 Cowboys Tashard Choice RB

4 123 Giants Bryan Kehl LB

4 124 Redskins Justin Tryon CB

4 – Chargers selection forfeited because of use of 4th round selection in 2007 Supplemental Draft [10]

4 125 Raiders Arman Shields WR

4 126 Titans Lavelle Hawkins WR

4 127 Colts Jacob Tamme TE

4 128 Rams Keenan Burton WR

4 129 Patriots Jonathan Wilhite CB

4 130 Steelers Tony Hills OT

4* 131 Eagles Jack Ikegwuonu CB

4* 132 Bills Derek Fine TE

4* 133 Ravens David Hale OT

4* 134 Titans Stanford Keglar LB

4* 135 Packers Josh Sitton† OT

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Good 5th post...

I almost lost it when u read that... Apparently some people can't see the big picture... We have NO RB signed for 2015, this kid has some shake to him and is a good compliment to what we have... I will not debate the compensation, but I can respect why the move was made...

Ugh, these Bills trades. Draft Lynch in the 1st then trade him for a 4th and he becomes a Pro Bowl Super Bowl-winning player. Now, give up a 4th (and possibly a 3rd) for a RB who was drafted in the 7th and will be your 3rd sting? I guess it doesn't matter I he contributes.

:doh:

Ugh, these Bills trades. Draft Lynch in the 1st then trade him for a 4th and he becomes a Pro Bowl Super Bowl-winning player. Now, give up a 4th (and possibly a 3rd) for a RB who was drafted in the 7th and will be your 3rd sting? I guess it doesn't matter I he contributes.

:doh:

If it makes you feel better, the Bills drafted SJ in the 7th and got a 4th back (and possibly a 3rd). They traded SJ for Brown, essentially, and in their minds they feel this makes the team better. From what I can tell and know at this point, I have to agree.

The kid has talent, but he was a first class douchebag coming out of high school and at Tennessee. I am too lazy to post links, but you can do your own google research about his "advisor", his recruiting, and his time at Tennessee. I hope he has changed. Maybe he has. Yet, what I knew about him from a few years ago is not consistent with the team players that both Fred and CJ have been.

The Bills gave up at least what they got for Lynch. To me, that is a lot. I hope the kid has grown up and it works out for us.

I wouldn't have traded our conditional pick for him as I would hate give up a possible 3rd for him.

There are no scenarios in which Philly will get a 3rd from the Bills in 2015. If the 2015 4th Round pick for Stevie from the 49ers turns into a 3rd, the Bills keep the pick. Here's what can happen:

- If neither SJ nor Bryce Brown reach set production levels with their new teams in 2014, Philly gets the 2015 4th Rounder.

- If SJ does reach set production levels with SF in '14 & BB doesn't reach his with the Bills in either '14 or '15, the Bills send Philly a 4th in 2016.

- If SJ does reach set production levels with SF in '14 & BB also reaches his with the Bills in either '14 or '15, the Bills send Philly a 3rd in 2016.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=400723

In any event, a 4th in either 2015 or 2016 or a 3rd in 2016 is not a high price to pay for a RB with Bryce Brown's talent. He was a beast in the games he filled in for the injured LeSean McCoy. As others have stated, he's young, talented, & will be a valuable insurance policy for Freddie. The Bills have assembled a dynamic RB & WR corps. This was an excellent trade, IMHO.

There are no scenarios in which Philly will get a 3rd from the Bills in 2015. If the 2015 4th Round pick for Stevie from the 49ers turns into a 3rd, the Bills keep the pick. Here's what can happen:

- If neither SJ nor Bryce Brown reach set production levels with their new teams in 2014, Philly gets the 2015 4th Rounder.

- If SJ does reach set production levels with SF in '14 & BB doesn't reach his with the Bills in either '14 or '15, the Bills send Philly a 4th in 2016.

- If SJ does reach set production levels with SF in '14 & BB also reaches his with the Bills in either '14 or '15, the Bills send Philly a 3rd in 2016.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=400723

In any event, a 4th in either 2015 or 2016 or a 3rd in 2016 is not a high price to pay for a RB with Bryce Brown's talent. He was a beast in the games he filled in for the injured LeSean McCoy. As others have stated, he's young, talented, & will be a valuable insurance policy for Freddie. The Bills have assembled a dynamic RB & WR corps. This was an excellent trade, IMHO.

Good info. Thanks for the breakdown. His highlights are impressive, but the fumbilitis seems severe.

Thing is, how in the world can anyone say he played well. That is a lie. 4.2 yards a carry on a team that averaged 5.1 a carry, and one rush was 65 yards when his team was already winning 47-11 in the 4th quarter, talk about padding stats, Take away that one run, and he averaged 3.4 a rush then.

He would have been cut in Philly, he dropped to 4th string behind Polk, they have McCoy and Sproles.

Whaley should be fired for this trade, just stupid.

Not a fit in Chip's system.

His game is hitting the hole quick inside.

Has trouble when he tries to bounce outside, sort of like CJ.

Good vision, patience and reminds me of a mix between Fred and CJ. That said the Eagles oline was creating beautifull lanes for him in those highlights, no real traffic runs and break throughs. Our oline wasnt creating anything like those lanes last year so I guess we'll see how good he'll really turns out to be. Wonder how his hands and routes are.

He's fine coming out of the backfield.

Whaley (or maybe it was Monos) were referring to this.

Good info. Thanks for the breakdown. His highlights are impressive, but the fumbilitis seems severe.

Zero fumbles in 75 touches last year.

AP has similar issues.

Both have improved their ball security. Have to believe it can be coached, at least sometimes.

I love this pick...the BILLS used a 4th Round pick next year or a 3rd Round pick in 2016 (which means SJ had a good year for the 49ers and the BILLS get another 3rd Round pick which would be great) for a young, powerful and fast runner who can take over if / when CJ and / or Fred leave and more importantly, he can be the "next man up" if CJ or Fred go down with injury...I think people will be pleasantly surprised by how well Brown does for the BILLS....if CJ and Fred stay healthy, do I think he'll see the field a ton? Probably not, maybe 10 touches a game and in spurts, but that saves the legs of the other two and more importantly, THIS is exactly what many fans have been wanting from the BILLS for years...forward thinking, not reactionary for when CJ chooses to test FA next year or Fred gets injured or decides it's time to retire...either way, they built quality depth and allow for a succession plan, if necessary....

Stevie has not been the best WR on the Bills since they drafted Robert Woods.

Stevie had more yards in less games. I like Woods but I doubt he will ever match SJ's 3 years of production.

And I guess this is a good pickup. I like the idea that he is really young with not a lot of carries. But let's settle down. There's a reason CJ went top 10 and has a 5.1 ypc (on many more carries) and Brown went in the 7th.