Schefter: Eagles trade Bryce Brown to Bills

Punch

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown's highlights with the Eagles

Good vision, patience and reminds me of a mix between Fred and CJ. That said the Eagles oline was creating beautifull lanes for him in those highlights, no real traffic runs and break throughs. Our oline wasnt creating anything like those lanes last year so I guess we'll see how good he'll really turns out to be. Wonder how his hands and routes are.

We get a guy for 500k a year that's played well has excellent measurables and cost us just a 4 next year.... I'm not losing sleep over cost. If you want to spend 3-4m instead in free agency I think you are talking 6 of one and a half dozen of the other in price/value

Mmmmm. We got a guy who (perhaps due to bad advice) jerked a bunch of major college programs around, left Tennessee after one year, left Kansas State early in his first eligible season there, got picked up by the Iggles during the 7th round, and for whatever reason became trade-bait there.

What's the deal with the kid? From the Interwebs, he sounds like the "Anti-Fred". FJ was not recruited out of highschool, went to a tiny DIII school and worked his a** off to continue to improve and achieve his dream of playing in the NFL. Bryce Brown sounds like he let high school acclaim go to his head, didn't have the academic backround and/or work ethic to succeed in college, wasn't willing to buckle down and put in the work to make use of his opportunities, got an NFL chance anyway, and wow the Iggles coaches so much they swapped him away.

I hope he is "all that and a bag of chips" and whatever issues he had are behind him. He sounds like a million dollar talent with a ten-cent head from here.

Edited by Hopeful

I think we're going to see a lot of 2 RB sets. I think we'll see a 2nd RB playing a sort of TE role of blocking/catching.

This makes sense and would utilise CJ a lot better, having CJ on the field as sole RB just doesnt work as displayed by both Gailey and Hackett.

Thing is, how in the world can anyone say he played well. That is a lie. 4.2 yards a carry on a team that averaged 5.1 a carry, and one rush was 65 yards when his team was already winning 47-11 in the 4th quarter, talk about padding stats, Take away that one run, and he averaged 3.4 a rush then.

He would have been cut in Philly, he dropped to 4th string behind Polk, they have McCoy and Sproles.

Whaley should be fired for this trade, just stupid.

For a fourth? Not a fan.

I love how people overvalue late round draft picks on this board so much. Look at this way: if you drafted a running back in the fourth round and after two years in the league he flashed the potential that Bryce Brown has, then you would consider it a successful pick. But people continue to believe that future 4th and 5th round draft picks will result in the drafting of magic players down the road. Look up the 4th round of a draft 7-8 years ago and look at how many ever make the Pro Bowl, let alone are even still in the league. Good trade.

Lesean McCoy@CutonDime25 2h

@BryceBrown_34 my boy it's been fun... Good luck with everything and knowing what they got and knowing what they getting lol starter day 1

Fred Jackson@Fred22Jackson 10m

No disrespect to @BryceBrown_34 but @CutonDime25 starter day 1 huh? I think @CJSPILLER and I might wanna bet something on that! #BillsMafia

@BryceBrown_34 my boy it's been fun... Good luck with everything and knowing what they got and knowing what they getting lol starter day 1

No disrespect to @BryceBrown_34 but @CutonDime25 starter day 1 huh? I think @CJSPILLER and I might wanna bet something on that! #BillsMafia

Love the competition.

Tell him, Fred!

I love how people overvalue late round draft picks on this board so much. Look at this way: if you drafted a running back in the fourth round and after two years in the league he flashed the potential that Bryce Brown has, then you would consider it a successful pick. But people continue to believe that future 4th and 5th round draft picks will result in the drafting of magic players down the road. Look up the 4th round of a draft 7-8 years ago and look at how many ever make the Pro Bowl, let alone are even still in the league. Good trade.

But Tom Brady was a 6th round pick! OMG, we just traded a future Tom Brady for Bryce Brown!! WORST TRADE EVER!

On a serious note, I like this trade. People overvalue late round picks. I would rather have a guy who already shows the potential to be a NFL player, rather than taking a flyer on someone with the hopes that they touch the field someday.

Wow. We traded a starting WR for a 3rd string back????

Whaley's making a lot of "bold" moves. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Not sure...is the sarcasm emoticon supposed to be on this post?

I'll put down some coin with you Fred!