Schefter: Eagles trade Bryce Brown to Bills

Punch

Stevie had more yards in less games. I like Woods but I doubt he will ever match SJ's 3 years of production.

And I guess this is a good pickup. I like the idea that he is really young with not a lot of carries. But let's settle down. There's a reason CJ went top 10 and has a 5.1 ypc (on many more carries) and Brown went in the 7th.

And only time will tell, in fairness of disclosure - I really do like the RB and how the BILLS conducted the business to get him, plus they waited over a year and worked the deal to get it done, so they must have really wanted him and that means something in the long run - but, let's also keep in mind Arian Foster was an UDFA and a number of other good to great RBs go late in a Draft....don't mistake my optimism to be that I think Brown will resemble Foster in production, I'm just pointing it out to balance the fact that CJ's production and Draft position may not be correlated...JMO

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And only time will tell, in fairness of disclosure - I really do like the RB and how the BILLS conducted the business to get him, plus they waited over a year and worked the deal to get it done, so they must have really wanted him and that means something in the long run - but, let's also keep in mind Arian Foster was an UDFA and a number of other good to great RBs go late in a Draft....don't mistake my optimism to be that I think Brown will resemble Foster in production, I'm just pointing it out to balance the fact that CJ's production and Draft position may not be correlated...JMO

Agreed. But Spiller has been a better running back and had a higher ypc on many more carries. The Eagles also might have been the best run blocking team in the NFL. Spiller didn't have that luxury. I hope Brown is a good pickup but Spiller is a damn good rb.

Agreed. But Spiller has been a better running back and had a higher ypc on many more carries. The Eagles also might have been the best run blocking team in the NFL. Spiller didn't have that luxury. I hope Brown is a good pickup but Spiller is a damn good rb.

RE: Spiller, absolutely!!

Interesting that Bills were furiously trying to trade back into the 2nd round for Carlos Hyde. This and what Bills gave up for Brown tell me they don't plan on him being a 3rd stringer.

with two oft-injured RBs, of course he wont be a 3rd stringer

its like driving a 20 year old clunker - you better have a backup plan, because you ARE GOING to need it eventually...otherwise, your walking everywhere...this is Whaley not wanting to walk....

with two oft-injured RBs, of course he wont be a 3rd stringer

its like driving a 20 year old clunker - you better have a backup plan, because you ARE GOING to need it eventually...otherwise, your walking everywhere...this is Whaley not wanting to walk....

Yes. And they will be grooming him for the future.

On buffalobills.com. Surprised how forthcoming article was.

Can you be a little more specific about which article? I don't see anything referencing a tradeup for Carlos Hyde.

@mikerodak

Did the Bills pay too high of a price for Bryce Brown? http://es.pn/1miDQoc

I agree - especially after reading that article. He has talent, but I just don't think that he was worth the same amount that we got for Lynch. Lynch is a better back than Brown (same with Fred and CJ).

I just hope it works out. It just seems like we have a tendency to pay more and get less than other teams do.

I agree - especially after reading that article. He has talent, but I just don't think that he was worth the same amount that we got for Lynch. Lynch is a better back than Brown (same with Fred and CJ).

I just hope it works out. It just seems like we have a tendency to pay more and get less than other teams do.

Lynch wasn't worth much at the time the Bills traded him.

Lynch wasn't worth much at the time the Bills traded him.

Just curious - how was Lynch not worth much and not more than Brown?

While I had no problem trading Lynch, I thought he was a good back -- and a more proven NFL back than B. Brown.

Just curious - how was Lynch not worth much and not more than Brown?

While I had no problem trading Lynch, I thought he was a good back -- and a more proven NFL back than B. Brown.

Suspension, unspectacular 2009 season, poor work ethic. Not saying the compensation should have been the same, but time will tell.

was talking with an Eagles fan today who said that Brown is a very good back. Didn't fit in with Chip Kelly's style and was expendable after Sproles signing. Should fit in here with the way Marrone wants to run the ball. Can help out Freedie when he tires, and Spiller can continue to be the fast-paced RB.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Bryce Brown:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Bryce-Brown-leaves-as-he-lived-at-Tennessee-Wit?urn=ncaaf,258719

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2012/3/31/2916700/the-curious-case-of-bryce-brown

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/27/sports/ncaafootball/27recruit.html

You guys can do your own google research on Bryce Brown, Brian Butler, his diva attitude in recruiting, how he walked away from Tennessee, and subsequently walked away from Kansas State.

I hope the kid has grown up. I hope he works out. From what I have seen, in my opinion, he does not have the character of a Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller -- or our best receiver the past few years whom many have thrown under the bus.

Again, just my two cents. I hope I am wrong.