Schefter: Eagles trade Bryce Brown to Bills

Punch

I remember several times last year Freddy looked to have been taken out, like that first game against Miami, but magically returned. That's not going to keep happening.

I love this trade. Keep it up, Whaley!

I thought for sure Fred was done on 2 or 3 different occasions last year but he kept coming back like Rocky

Edited by Max997

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talent-wise Brown was far superior to his draft position. His issues have all been off-field (attitude). If the Bills can get his head screwed on right, he's a huge asset. If not, oh well. To me any Day 3 pick is a crap shoot to even make the team, much less be a starter so the downside is pretty low.

This

Neither Spiller or Jackson are workhorses, they can't carry the load. If one of them goes down, we need a back who can be a number one type back. That is why this trade makes a lot of sense. Also, for the future because of the status of Spiller and Jackson.

Teams don't give up a 4th round pick for a 3rd sting RB. Hell, teams look for starters in the 2nd - 4th rounds these days. This is a curious move. It's almost like they're preparing for life after FJ and CJ. Anybody know his contract situation?

Agreed....weird move. Not to mention we signed Dixon. Not many teams carry 4 RBs excluding PS. Can you carry a 4th RB solely for STs?

Moreno signed for over $3mm for this year, Blount about $4MM for 2 years, hardly peanuts. And maybe they wouldn't want to play here with Spiller and Jackson ahead of them. Why is it strange to trade a 3rd rounder for a RB, would you have a problem drafting a RB with a 3rd? In limited playing time, Brown has shown he can play in the NFL, that's more than anyone drafted today can say.

Good call.

Don't look this guy as a 3rd stringer; look at him as the heir apparent to Fred Jackson. He's a guy that has TONS of talent (and character concerns). He has already been productive in the NFL and is only 22. If we would have used a 4th on Andre Williams I think that people would have been okay with it. This guy has a lot more ability.

I'm pretty sure they didn't draft an RT to play him at guard. The LG position was sufficiently addressed in the off-season.

I think he is suggesting Pears can play guard?

So we traded Stevie Johnson, who hated footballs so much he refused to catch them, for a solid backup to CJ? BUENO.

Funny stuff!

Agreed....weird move. Not to mention we signed Dixon. Not many teams carry 4 RBs excluding PS. Can you carry a 4th RB solely for STs?

Good call.

I think we're going to see a lot of 2 RB sets. I think we'll see a 2nd RB playing a sort of TE role of blocking/catching.

Edited by jeremy2020

Wait... did we just effectively trade Stevie for Bryce Brown?

Hopefully the kid lives up to his 2012 stats, minus the fumbles. Never really seen him play though.

Wow. We traded a starting WR for a 3rd string back????

Whaley's making a lot of "bold" moves. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Wow. We traded a starting WR for a 3rd string back????

Whaley's making a lot of "bold" moves. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

he may not be a third string back. He's capable of more. If Jackson fades this year, Brown is 2nd string.

I personally wouldn't ever draft a RB.

But if they were going to draft a guy, I am okay that they got brown instead of a pick. Frankly, I think that's what happened-- the guys at RB they wanted weren't there, so they made the trade instead.

May the ghost of Cookie Gilchrist run over you from now to the end of time.

Lol...watch more football and get back to us...stop reading what other people say who just write after they read what other people say. He will be fine..not great but at least average and between Glenn and Woods, two studs, that's all you need to be.

LOL......we have no woods playing the o line learn the positions and get back to us. Also, do not accept medicore scrubs and listen to what other teams do when they have them. They cut them.