WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

This is terrible- reminds me a liitle bit of trading away Lynch for a 4th rounder for whatever silly reasons. The board turns south on players and then cheers when they go for peanuts. 4th rounder next year is junk for a starting receiver.

I agree. I wish they could have at least gotten what BAL got for starting WR Anquan Boldin.

Edited by BlueFire

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The writing is on the wall for the Buffalo Bills. Everything links together: Goddell comments on RWS, the trade up for Watkins, the trade of SJ.

The franchise is broke.

They didn't want to pay SJ's salary. They know they're going to stink next year, so they don't want to pay a first-round pick next year. They're cutting expenses like crazy to either make the team more attractive to a buyer, or to move the team to LA. It's just obvious.

Well, I doubt he will mouth off and say he tosses the offseason conditioning book away, with the niners.

kap, watch out for #13 if the game is on the line.

adios, colorful character, who the bills parlayed a 7th round talent into a 4 or maybe 3rd rounder Ina trade. if he sticks with the team.

In the end a player that was part of the 7 of the 14 year drought, is gone. 1000 yard seasons in this era are no biggie at all. It will be much more exciting watching a new player who can be clutch and a game changer. SJ13 was not even close to that. Good luck being a small fish in a big pond in niner land dude.

This is just absurd. What if Williams doesn't work out? What if he isn't worth $6+ million?

We would be down to Woods, Watkins, and Goodwin.

We essentially just spent two 1st rounders and stevie Johnson on Watkins. Overkill?

By this logic, Tom Brady is a 6th rd pick. If the Bills trade a 2-3 for him, The Pats make out like Bandits in the deal.

You're not really comparing Brady to Stevie, are you?!?! Didn't think so, so it's not the same logic.

I actually take back what I said (sorry, I'm loaded on wine in northern Italy). We got the pick back we gave up, and in essence got the best WR in this year's draft for next year's number one. And I will pistol whip the next person who says we gave up two number ones - you realize we got a number one with our trade up, yes? Anyhow, Prisco will hate it, so I love it.

When the draft started we had this year's first rounder, next year's first rounder and next year's fourth rounder. We now have Watkins, and none of those three picks. Do the math.

The writing is on the wall for the Buffalo Bills. Everything links together: Goddell comments on RWS, the trade up for Watkins, the trade of SJ.

The franchise is broke.

They didn't want to pay SJ's salary. They know they're going to stink next year, so they don't want to pay a first-round pick next year. They're cutting expenses like crazy to either make the team more attractive to a buyer, or to move the team to LA. It's just obvious.

Are you serious?

Let's trade a 27 year old with 3 1000 yard seasons, on an average starter's contract for a 4th f'in rounder.

Sammy is better but it basically cost us 2 1st round picks to upgrade to a better WR. I would rather have two stud players + Stevie than Sammy

Why do people keep saying we lost two first round picks?? We lost one.

Easley was drafted in the fourth round. Graham was drafted in the third round.

hmmmpfff ok my bad, still point is that is the return we got for SJ... a year to year will he even make the team receiver...

The franchise is broke.

What??? This is the best crap I read in a long time!

You're not really comparing Brady to Stevie, are you?!?! Didn't think so, so it's not the same logic.

NO it is same logic. Let me math for you

You said we took player x in 7th rd - got a 3-4 for him. Good value for Bills.

I said Pats took player x in 6th rd - got a 2-3 for him. Good value for Pats.

You mentioned no sort of player, regardless of stats, a player taken in the later round traded for a higher rd pick is good value.

Logic = same.

Remember the guy that was just traded for, and his attitude problems, his partying, and his being stabbed... And he has never had a 1,000 yard season.

Led all rookie receivers in the NFL in yardage (964)...and had 996 in another year.....

Boy lot of crap being posted on this thread..Stevie was a 7th round pick who's best years are probably behind him.We turn that into

a 4th round (maybe 3rd) round pick and drafted a possible gamechanger...hmm... Think we will be ok..!!

The Bills brass must have thought they would never get a better offer than what SF was willing to give up right now. And SF has 5 picks in rounds 2 and 3 this year, so SF had plenty of ammunition to play with. Personally, I would have liked to have kept SJ on the team at least into the pre-season and use him as trade bait when some other team has injuries to their starting WRs. *shrug*