DeSean Jackson released

Why does it seem like cutting SJ gets put into every thread?

Do people remember when he wasn't here and It was one-route Evans and stone-hands Reed?Best WR since Moulds and every thread has at least a page of cut him, despite almost little/none legal trouble.

Sorry I just don't understand, and that's not even bringing up the cap issues.

Jackson has SJ's celebration problems x5, coupled with at least bad rumors relating to gang activity. I could see a 2yr contract with heavy incentives based on behavior.

If it were between the two of Britt and Jackson, I'd take Jackson just because NJ and Britt's past are way to close to Buffalo and there's no reason to believe it won't follow him

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it seem like cutting SJ gets put into every thread?

Do people remember when he wasn't here and It was one-route Evans and stone-hands Reed?Best WR since Moulds and every thread has at least a page of cut him, despite almost little/none legal trouble.

Sorry I just don't understand, and that's not even bringing up the cap issues.

Jackson has SJ's celebration problems x5, coupled with at least bad rumors relating to gang activity. I could see a 2yr contract with heavy incentives based on behavior.

If it were between the two of Britt and Jackson, I'd take Jackson just because NJ and Britt's past are way to close to Buffalo and there's no reason to believe it won't follow him

smart man

Desean Jackson does NOT fit in Buffalo...can we please drop that idea, already? I'd rather develop Woods and Goodwin, than sign Jackson.

Proven difference makers ALWAYS fit on any team. Djax has made a difference every year he's been in the league. And if the Bills did sign

him they would be a better football team for it.

Also, signing him doesn't preclude the development of Woods or Goodwin. The Bills run three WR sets to start the game and for much of the game. Woods and SJ13 will be on the field. DJax would be the other outside WR. Goodwin is the fourth guy in four WR sets. He's got a lot of potential, but he is not Djax. Similarities in physical attributes don't necessarily make players "similar" in any meaningful way. Djax is more comparable to Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas than Flash. Why? Production. That's all that matters. He doesn't need to win jump balls. He's fast enough to blow by most so it's not even an issue. Sign him, draft Ebron and you still get your match up nightmare. Ebron can be split out wide, ala Jimmy Graham or work the middle of the field.

They are going to cut Johnson this year or next. Might as well get it over with. Jackson is a downfield threat and a better player. If we can make it work under the cap why exactly would you care what the hit is. its not your money. 17.2 avg vs. 12.7. Thats a massive improvement. Strengthen that o-line and you have a d-coordinators nightmare. Throw Ebron in the mix. OMG. Wanna play eight in the box to stop the run. Goodwin and Jackson run wild. Play nickel or dime to stop the pass. Then its time to ram the ball down their throat. That's a top ten offense to go along with what should be a top ten defense. Maybe top five both categories. Stevie Johnson is just good enough to get you beat. Hes nothing special.

LoL. They are? Why? You don't see the Bills run predominately three WR sets? Stevie Johnson is just good. No reason to let him go. Jackson and SJ13 are two different types of receiver. Not comparable. They can sign Djax, Put him opposite Woods, leave SJ13 in the slot and STILL draft Ebron, along with Spiller and FredEx in the backfield. Still an OMG scenario.

Edited by purple haze

Who says? Do you work in the Bills FO?

You have no problems cutting Stevie, our best receiver for whom we have no replacement, and taking a large cap hit- yet, you'd rather moan about Fitzpatricks cap hit?

Honestly unless you have so much talent to compensate you absorb the contract. Stevie had a rough year, but he's had proven production. Dude just lost his mother, are you one of the people who was arguing that we should cut Dareus during his 2nd year? Look where he is now..

I appreciate that you want to improve the team, but there are other ways of doing so. Cutting Johnson and acquiring Jackson could help, but it's risky. We can keep them both around. If we draft a WR in the first we will be paying him pretty decent money anyways.

Exactly when did I talk about Fitzpatrick's cap hit. Must have missed that one. And yea. Ill cut our so called best receiver to replace him with a better one. In a heartbeat. Jackson changes the face of your offense. Take a look at what James lofton did for the Bills in the early ninties. Made defenses respect the threat of the deep ball. The importance of a home run hitter cant be understated. Especially when you run the ball well. Where not talking about Jerry Rice here. Were talking about a possession receiver who is lucky to crack the top twenty in yardage when he's on his game. He doesn't change an offense. Desean Jackson does.

As for all the other comments I don't care if its risky. We haven't made the playoffs in 14 years. We can miss them just as easily without Stevie as we can with him. I want a superbowl. Your not gonna win it with guys who drop game winning touchdowns(steelers)game, have key fumbles at the worst possible time (falcons game) and rarely if ever show up with a dominating performance (7 catches for 60 yards against Revis isn't my definition of a dominating performance). Really dont understand why everyone is getting there underwear in such a bunch. You people related to Stevie? Dont worry. If he gets cut, hell get overpaid somewhere else. Probably be the best thing for him.

Edited by DOGNESS

Who says? Do you work in the Bills FO?

are you one of the people who was arguing that we should cut Dareus during his 2nd year? Look where he is now..

Nope. Never said anything about cutting Dareus. Also one of the few who seems to think its to early to pull the plug on EJ. Wanna throw out any other nonsensical notions?

Haha. Why not keep Stevie AND D. Jackson??? Just curious if there's a rule about having 2 WRs on your roster?

Your a sarcastic group arent you? Hey beerball. Is it ok to be a sarcastic jerk? Just checking.

Proven difference makers ALWAYS fit on any team. Djax has made a difference every year he's been in the league. And if the Bills did sign

him they would be a better football team for it.

LoL. They are? Why? You don't see the Bills run predominately three WR sets? Stevie Johnson is just good. No reason to let him go. Jackson and SJ13 are two different types of receiver. Not comparable. They can sign Djax, Put him opposite Woods, leave SJ13 in the slot and STILL draft Ebron, along with Spiller and FredEx in the backfield. Still an OMG scenario.

Yea. In my opinion they are. Lets see where we are in two years. My bet is he isn't on the team. Edited by DOGNESS

Nope. Never said anything about cutting Dareus. Also one of the few who seems to think its to early to pull the plug on EJ. Wanna throw out any other nonsensical notions?

Your a sarcastic group arent you? Hey beerball. Is it ok to be a sarcastic jerk? Just checking.

well, based in your number of posts and your eagerness to argue with people right away, I'm assuming your an alter ego of some other fartwad on this site. So let me just say it now. I'm as serious as a heart attack when I want to be. You can take me however you want. Edited by mrags

While I would love to add a talent like Jackson to the offense. He is one of the more dynamic players in the league. But I am not sure he would want to come to Buffalo as he seems to have a decent amount of options. If you factor that out, then I am not sure if you want a possible distraction like him around a young developing QB. I would still consider taking him on since it will fill a huge need but its not without reservation.

Edited by billsfan89

yeah. I saw that video. It's nothing like a crip walk

It's closer to the Charlie Brown.

Again it wasn't anything close to what I'd expect gang bangers to be dancing. It actually looks very un-ganglike.

Yea. In my opinion they are. Lets see where we are in two years. My bet is he isn't on the team.

Instead of trying to argue against those you can rattle you could try coming back against several of the members who argued against your viewpoint. It'd do a lot more for the board, it'd do a lot more to share insight and maybe open discussions in a more productive way.

Feel free to start with my reply to your post - you'll find it is flawless and cannot be argued against, I promise. I'm perfect.

Instead of trying to argue against those you can rattle you could try coming back against several of the members who argued against your viewpoint. It'd do a lot more for the board, it'd do a lot more to share insight and maybe open discussions in a more productive way.

Feel free to start with my reply to your post - you'll find it is flawless and cannot be argued against, I promise. I'm perfect.

I'll vouch for his perfection