DeSean Jackson released

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of trying to argue against those you can rattle you could try coming back against several of the members who argued against your viewpoint. It'd do a lot more for the board, it'd do a lot more to share insight and maybe open discussions in a more productive way.

Feel free to start with my reply to your post - you'll find it is flawless and cannot be argued against, I promise. I'm perfect.

I'll vouch for his perfection

How about y'all jump back on topic, or leave the thread alone?

I think all the off the field stuff with Jackson is way overblown. The team has an enormous advantage over the player in this type of situation. The Eagles know they have to win the PR campaign with a very productive player being released outright. It is my suspicion that this has more to do with Chip Kelly. He recruited Jackson to Oregon at one time. Perhaps is of the opinion that DeSean has never bought into his program. The gang stuff is just the window dressing during a breakup. I am sure there are a great many players in the NFL with shady contacts off the field.

The Bills should make a reasonable push to get Jackson. He would enable them draft either Ebron, a tackle, or BPA at number 9. Having options is paramount to success!

I think all the off the field stuff with Jackson is way overblown. The team has an enormous advantage over the player in this type of situation. The Eagles know they have to win the PR campaign with a very productive player being released outright. It is my suspicion that this has more to do with Chip Kelly. He recruited Jackson to Oregon at one time. Perhaps is of the opinion that DeSean has never bought into his program. The gang stuff is just the window dressing during a breakup. I am sure there are a great many players in the NFL with shady contacts off the field.

The Bills should make a reasonable push to get Jackson. He would enable them draft either Ebron, a tackle, or BPA at number 9. Having options is paramount to success!

Say the off the field stuff is overblown. I might be more worried about the on the field stuff. For a guy who went to Cal, he does a lot of dumb stuff. We have a lot of young receivers and Jackson is known as being lazy. He's not a team guy. He's a guy who drops the ball to celebrate before he crosses the endzone (twice!).

Personally, even though Jackson is very talented, I'd roll with our group now and add a wr in the draft. To me, the headaches of Jackson aren't worth the trouble.

If they added Jackson, the need list decreases by one. You could argue that a Right tackle up grade a D end would be top of the list.

So then I pivot to the Clowney rumor. 1,2,3 plus 2 next year to trade up tackle is round 4 ?

Just throwing it out there.

I don't know how Jackson fills a need. We still don't have a redzone threat.

http://www.csnwashin...on-expectations

Washington may not give DeSean a large contract

According to a report in the Washington Post, the team “may not be willing to award the three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver a highly lucrative contract.” Another source was quoted as saying that the Redskins will agree to a deal with Jackson “only if he comes on the cheap”.

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

http://www.csnwashin...on-expectations

Washington may not give DeSean a large contract

CBF

Given his his release, a team would be dumb to give him much guaranteed money. Jackson is the type of player that should just get 1 year deals. But he would be a good fit on the Washington Slurs. Besides Garcon, their wrs are trash. RG3 could throw some nice bombs to Jackson.

Given his his release, a team would be dumb to give him much guaranteed money. Jackson is the type of player that should just get 1 year deals. But he would be a good fit on the Washington Slurs. Besides Garcon, their wrs are trash. RG3 could throw some nice bombs to Jackson.

My thought for the Bills offer would be something like 4 years $32M with $24M guaranteed with a strong morality clause that allows the Bills to recuperate some/all of the guaranteed money if he violates it.

Say the off the field stuff is overblown. I might be more worried about the on the field stuff. For a guy who went to Cal, he does a lot of dumb stuff. We have a lot of young receivers and Jackson is known as being lazy. He's not a team guy. He's a guy who drops the ball to celebrate before he crosses the endzone (twice!).

Personally, even though Jackson is very talented, I'd roll with our group now and add a wr in the draft. To me, the headaches of Jackson aren't worth the trouble.

Our current group doesn't strike fear in anyone! Add Jackson, trade back, pick up another second and draft Ebron, or take a tackle if available. If they take a tackle, use the second and third on Benjamin and a TE. Edited by 75Bills

the other thing that obviously is a worry about getting him "on the cheap" as some posters think will happen... is that hes openly said that hes let low pay effect his play on the field.

hes EXTREMELY talented, but he does come with a laundry list of concerns.

Thinking about it, I don't think the Eagles released Jackson because of his ties to Los Angeles gangs. The Patriots haven't suffered terribly from the Hernandez implosion. They cut him immediately and that was that.

I think his release shows you how committed Jeffrey Lurie is to Chip Kelly and how impatient Lurie can be with diva-like personalities.

Stats don't lie. His are better than any other receiver we have on this team. A proven, deep threat which would help a struggling offense. BTW, Who is that Mr. Clutch wearing #13 in my avatar picture and why is he sitting down?

Edited by curitiba

I don't know how Jackson fills a need. We still don't have a redzone threat.

They could still draft one. I don't feel that, if they sign Jackson, it precludes them from doing that in the 1st, or 2nd round. I think Jackson allows them to make a decision on Stevie next season, when his salary kind of explodes into a big cap hit. If Jackson plays better than Stevie, they may choose to extend him/keep him (whatever his contract is structured to do) and release Stevie. If Jackson doesn't work out, and Stevie has a good year, maybe they hang onto Stevie. Options are good to have! I still think talent-wise, if you have a chance to add a piece like this, as long as it doesn't mean you don't stop looking for that big red zone threat, it can't hurt. I am sure the Bills would be looking at this acquisition both short-term, as to how he can help the offense this year (Scott Chandler being the leading receiver on the team last year just isn't good enough) and also long-term how it would impact the personnel decisions they have coming up after this year. Remember Stevie is the only decent veteran right now. If they were to let him go next year, whether for cap reasons, performance or otherwise, the most season guys would be Graham (assuming he is still here), Woods and Goodwin. Regardless of if they get Evans or even Watkins those guys are still rookies and the WR is one of the toughest to acclimate to in the NFL. Especially with an inexperienced QB. Edited by YoloinOhio

My thought for the Bills offer would be something like 4 years $32M with $24M guaranteed with a strong morality clause that allows the Bills to recuperate some/all of the guaranteed money if he violates it.

l'd be fine with that contract. It would be nice to see the talent on this team continue to climb.

They could still draft one. I don't feel that, if they sign Jackson, it precludes them from doing that in the 1st, or 2nd round. I think Jackson allows them to make a decision on Stevie next season, when his salary kind of explodes into a big cap hit. If Jackson plays better than Stevie, they may choose to extend him/keep him (whatever his contract is structured to do) and release Stevie. If Jackson doesn't work out, and Stevie has a good year, maybe they hang onto Stevie. Options are good to have! I still think talent-wise, if you have a chance to add a piece like this, as long as it doesn't mean you don't stop looking for that big red zone threat, it can't hurt.

nice post. Fully agree.