DeSean Jackson released

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that John Murphy is kind of playing down the Bills potentially signing him on his show tonight. You know what that means.

Also he said (maybe already mentioned on here) that he is reportedly looking for 9.5-10 mill/yr. Raiders, anyone?

NO?

Interesting that John Murphy is kind of playing down the Bills potentially signing him on his show tonight. You know what that means.

Also he said (maybe already mentioned on here) that he is reportedly looking for 9.5-10 mill/yr. Raiders, anyone?

If that's the case, and I don't doubt it, then it's got to be the Raiders. I just do not see any other team willing to pay him that much.

Agreed...

And I also find it interesting that Murph seems to be concentrating much more on the Bills interest in Mike Evans than he is any of the O-Linemen... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Agreed...

And I also find it interesting that Murph seems to be concentrating much more on the Bills interest in Mike Evans than he is any of the O-Linemen... B-)

A tackle at 9 doesn't particularly make sense, with cordy at LT.... So there's also that going for the situation

I don't see NE getting him. I see NYJ or Miami being interested but Miami putting up the cash for him like that for one year? I don't think they could? The Jets would have me impressed if they got the dude.

Agreed...

Was he really? I wasn't listening but last time I listened to him he was all about O-line. Interesting if big nasty changed his tune.

I actually dont think there is harm in keeping stevie. My basis for suggesting he may be released is founded in reports last year that there is some sort of personality clash between Marrone and Johnson. That Marrone is somewhat preturbed with the on field antics, sideline temper tantrums, and work ethic away from the field. From what ive heard the team is questioning whether or not they are getting their 6.5 million a season in value out of him. If he had D. Jax type numbers it would probably be a lot less of an issue. But not all coaches and players get along. It seems like the team is determined to add another stud receiver whether its through the draft or by signing a guy like Jackson. I think they are just looking to upgrade the position and if they do, I dont see them keeping a guy around at 6.5 mill thats probably going to see his number of targets drop during games. Its nothing against Stevie. I think hes very good. I dont think hes great(Calvin Johnson is great. ) If they get a player who they think is an upgrade, I think he takes Stevies spot. Desean Jackson is an upgrade. Hes a more explosive player. Woods could catch 80 balls underneath if Jackson and Goodwin are creating space with the threat of the deep ball. Johnson cant do that(create space for the other receivers). Hes the underneath guy. i dont think you keep Woods and johnson. i think they are similar players. And I dont think the Bills are going to pay two guys big money at that position. Just my read on things. No inside info on that last point.

I think they would. If they are in fact interested in Jackson they have to know that he will command at least the 7 or 8 mil that they are paying Johnson. And if they get him (and to me that's a big if) I don't see why you'd cut Stevie to save money when you're under the cap anyway. It's a passing league. If you're not paying your QB which we certainly aren't you probably need to pay the guys catching passes from him. Adding Jackson to this group wouldn't mean half as much without Johnson. DJ being the threat that he is will allow Stevie to do what he does best. And just because Woods is viewed as a similar player to Stevie (which I think is unfair b/c I think Woods can be more explosive) doesn't mean you wouldn't want both of them. I like Woods as much as the next guy but I'll believe he can catch 80 balls when he does it. Plus, he could get injured in week one and then we're right back where we started. Even if someone has to ride the pine, who cares? Good teams have enough depth so that good players have to stand on the sideline and wait sometimes.

If Stevie Johnson and Eric Decker are worth 7-8, Desean Jackson ABSOLUTELY is worth 9-10.

Why? He just got cut, is a problem in the the lockerroom, does stupid things on the field consistently, and might have off the field troubles. Decker has back to back 1,000 yard seasons and caught 32 tds the last 3 seasons (including 8 with Tebow!). Jackson has 32 tds in his entire 5 year career. Stevie Johnson had a 3 year stretch of consecutive 1,000 yard seasons and 23 tds (playing with a QB who struggled to throw hte ball accurately 10 yards down field).

Jackson is maybe the most explosive wr in the league but he is basically a one trick pony. He runs gos and stop routes. He is not a threat at all in the redzone. Given all his baggage, I think he is severely overrated.

Edited by C.Biscuit97