DeSean Jackson released

It's not really practice---it's an extra week of volunatry workoutst that only teams with new coaches get. If you read the article, you would see that he made plans before Philly dumped him.

This is no big deal. Hard to imagine that a vet like Jackson will learn much in an extra week with Gruden.

IMO, it is his new team. He is a vet, but it is a brand new system, coaching staff, teammates. I have a hard time thinking the wiser move would have been to reschedule his vacation plans.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, it is his new team. He is a vet, but it is a brand new system, coaching staff, teammates. I have a hard time thinking the wiser move would have been to reschedule his vacation plans.

without knowing any details of the plans (cost, did he have working commitments as part of it, etc....), and knowing how little is likely accomplished this week in DC.... im not going to beat him up tooo badly here. really, it looks bad, but probably amounts to nothing. that said, it could be a symptom of being an idiot too.

we had posters that wanted to cut branch and lawson for missing similar events last year after signing late, because they didnt think theyd be able to learn the new system and werent committed to the team.

without knowing any details of the plans (cost, did he have working commitments as part of it, etc....), and knowing how little is likely accomplished this week in DC.... im not going to beat him up tooo badly here. really, it looks bad, but probably amounts to nothing. that said, it could be a symptom of being an idiot too.

we had posters that wanted to cut branch and lawson for missing similar events last year after signing late, because they didnt think theyd be able to learn the new system and werent committed to the team.

Not saying cut him or beat him up... but not knowing the whole story of course, seems advantageous that he would be there.

Not saying cut him or beat him up... but not knowing the whole story of course, seems advantageous that he would be there.

definitely agree on that point, and wasnt directing the comment to you specifically... just throwing it out there in a general sense as the board gets pretty riled up about these events.

all things equal, may as well go to the orientation events as it cant hurt.... but if he comes in next week with a clear head and with the drama in his rearview mirror because he got to step away for a minute that might not be bad either

It's not really practice---it's an extra week of volunatry workoutst that only teams with new coaches get. If you read the article, you would see that he made plans before Philly dumped him.

This is no big deal. Hard to imagine that a vet like Jackson will learn much in an extra week with Gruden.

Yeah, it's not like it involved an engagement ring or anything.

definitely agree on that point, and wasnt directing the comment to you specifically... just throwing it out there in a general sense as the board gets pretty riled up about these events.

all things equal, may as well go to the orientation events as it cant hurt.... but if he comes in next week with a clear head and with the drama in his rearview mirror because he got to step away for a minute that might not be bad either

Yes, I could see this as well.

I'm not really sure that's the point, IMO...can't argue that he wouldn't learn much in technique, but given his change of venue and the new Offense, I would think a teammate would WANT to be at every meeting and practice possible to ingratiate himself to the staff but more importantly, be as learned about the new offense as possible....I know he may have already scheduled the vacation, but sh*t happens and as a very well paid athlete sometimes you just need to adjust your plans to that of the team....and I'm not holding him to any different standard I would if it were here in Buffalo, voluntary or not, every member of that team needs to be taking advantage of every opportunity they can get to learn a system, get ready for the season, and begin building chemistry through the locker room and given Washington's abysmal season, I don't think it's asking too much...to me at least.

I'm comfortable in the belief that no veteran player new to a team ever learned anything meaningful in the first week of voluntary workouts in the Spring of an NFL season. They aren't going to be instituting any "system" in April. They will stretch, hit the gym, run a little, play catch and make note of how out of shape everyone seems.

I'm sure the Skins knew all about the planned vacation before they signed him and had no problem with it, given the (pretty bogus) bum's rush the Eagles gave the guy. I'm sure Gruden said "see you when you get back, have a good time".

By July, no one on that team will remember or care that he wasn't there for the Spring BS workouts.

Yeah, it's not like it involved an engagement ring or anything.

No, it's not. Like other players we know, D Jackson is no stranger to making a fool out of himself. But he did not, to our knowledge, threaten to kill himself if Gruden didn't let him keep his vacation.

No, it's not. Like other players we know, D Jackson is no stranger to making a fool out of himself. But he did not, to our knowledge, threaten to kill himself if Gruden didn't let him keep his vacation.

I'm sure if we read his private text messages, we'd see things that are far worse than a fake suicide claim. Not sure why you're defending a guy with gang ties and who likes to dress-down his coach in front of the team, and who makes a fool of himself. Hell just making a fool of himself was enough for you to hate TO, never mind the gang and coach disrespect stuff.

I'm comfortable in the belief that no veteran player new to a team ever learned anything meaningful in the first week of voluntary workouts in the Spring of an NFL season. They aren't going to be instituting any "system" in April. They will stretch, hit the gym, run a little, play catch and make note of how out of shape everyone seems.

I'm sure the Skins knew all about the planned vacation before they signed him and had no problem with it, given the (pretty bogus) bum's rush the Eagles gave the guy. I'm sure Gruden said "see you when you get back, have a good time".

By July, no one on that team will remember or care that he wasn't there for the Spring BS workouts.

I respectfully disagree, and that's cool...I just believe that given a new team for DJax and a new HC for Washington, it dictates diplomacy and setting aside all rumors and / or perceptions of living for "self" first and showing up at workouts demonstrates team cohesion and comraderie...but that is definitely a personal opinion or position, so we can amicably agree to disagree about its signficance. All good....btw, who gives a bull's sh*t about Philly....let's get Buffalo on the field and get some work in!! Hells to the yeah! Bring on 2014!

I'm sure if we read his private text messages, we'd see things that are far worse than a fake suicide claim. Not sure why you're defending a guy with gang ties and who likes to dress-down his coach in front of the team, and who makes a fool of himself. Hell just making a fool of himself was enough for you to hate TO, never mind the gang and coach disrespect stuff.

Defending him! I'm not defending the guy--over the year's it's become clear that you don't know what that word means. Nor do you understand the word "hate".

I'm saying that not showing up for a completely meaningless exercise when he had a legit excuse (I think) is OK with me--to make it more simple for you, I'm defending his decision in this case.

TO didn't show for the Bills first session, yet some here were stilll lining up to put the tongue to the apple bag---and strangely still are with that clown.

As for "defending" Jackson, you missed my post where I called him "most hated teammate in sports" and his ESPN "interview" by Steven A a joke (heck, I even through in an Urkel reference).

You see, despite my feeling that he is a crappy team player, I can acknowledge that the circumstances in which he left Philly were dubious. In fact, it is most likely that Kelly got rid of him because he was a D-bag, not because of some gang poser crap--but Kelly and the Eagles didn't have the balls to just cut him for that reason. I'm hardly the only one who believes this is why he's not in Philly anymore.

You say others are "concrete", yet such distinctions always escape you, doc.

I respectfully disagree, and that's cool...I just believe that given a new team for DJax and a new HC for Washington, it dictates diplomacy and setting aside all rumors and / or perceptions of living for "self" first and showing up at workouts demonstrates team cohesion and comraderie...but that is definitely a personal opinion or position, so we can amicably agree to disagree about its signficance. All good....btw, who gives a bull's sh*t about Philly....let's get Buffalo on the field and get some work in!! Hells to the yeah! Bring on 2014!

I think fans make far more of this stuff than the players do. Jackson will have ample opportunity to demonstrate whether he can be a good team mate this year.

Defending him! I'm not defending the guy--over the year's it's become clear that you don't know what that word means. Nor do you understand the word "hate".

I'm saying that not showing up for a completely meaningless exercise when he had a legit excuse (I think) is OK with me--to make it more simple for you, I'm defending his decision in this case.

TO didn't show for the Bills first session, yet some here were stilll lining up to put the tongue to the apple bag---and strangely still are with that clown.

As for "defending" Jackson, you missed my post where I called him "most hated teammate in sports" and his ESPN "interview" by Steven A a joke (heck, I even through in an Urkel reference).

You see, despite my feeling that he is a crappy team player, I can acknowledge that the circumstances in which he left Philly were dubious. In fact, it is most likely that Kelly got rid of him because he was a D-bag, not because of some gang poser crap--but Kelly and the Eagles didn't have the balls to just cut him for that reason. I'm hardly the only one who believes this is why he's not in Philly anymore.

You say others are "concrete", yet such distinctions always escape you, doc.

Okay WEO. Because you go out of your way to make excuses for most players, right? Had this been a Bills player, you'd have either slammed him or stayed silent. And everyone here knows it. So spare me.

Okay WEO. Because you go out of your way to make excuses for most players, right? Had this been a Bills player, you'd have either slammed him or stayed silent. And everyone here knows it. So spare me.

I wouldn't want him on the team, no. Is that the same as "slamming him" if he was a Bills player----before the fact? I felt the same way about your (sudden) hero TO. Didn't like him before or after he joined the Bills. But since Jackson's not coming to the Bills, this has nothing to do with the Bills players (straw men are everywhere, eh doc?).

So, you see, it's possible to "slam" a player for one thing and "defend" another action. It's not all black and white, doc. You may be one of the few left who is still pretending the Eagles dumped this locker room cancer because they were suddenly afraid he might be a gangster!