DeSean Jackson released

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson Absolutely fits with what they are trying to do. Signing him eliminates another need. Now you can go tackle. tight end. guard in the draft and you have a playoff contender. Id offer him 8 million a season and cut Stevie if he signs. Id give much stronger consideration to Ebron at 9. A tackle in the second. A guard in the third. That could be a really sick offense. It could give you even more flexibility in the draft. Maybe even trade down and pick up another second. The more I'm thinking about this idea the more i like it.

Edited by DOGNESS

Jackson Absolutely fits with what they are trying to do. Signing him eliminates another need. Now you can go tackle. tight end. guard in the draft and you have a playoff contender. Id offer him 8 million a season and cut Stevie if he signs. Id give much stronger consideration to Ebron at 9. A tackle in the second. A guard in the third. That could be a really sick offense. It could give you even more flexibility in the draft. Maybe even trade down and pick up another second. The more I'm thinking about this idea the more i like it.

Agree with everything you said...except the cut stevie crap

These hypothetical threads are useless and annoying.

They have a place and a use. This point in the offseason is perfect for this type of hypothetical thread.

Other options for discussion right now that are not hypothetical:

A) ______ really sucked last year.

B) ______ 15 years ago

C) ______ 25 years ago.

If ya ask me, I'd rather be optimistic about 2014 then relive the last 25 years. :D

Could you rephrase your thread title? Please.

2nded.

Merely adding "If the Skins get Jackson, do the Bills get Britt?"

I've brought this up in multiple threads when appropriate.

Cutting SJ13 is beyond ludicrous. I'm talking woah woah woah stop the clock ludicrous.

If we cut SJ13 we take a hit at $8.5mm for 2014. We could defer some of that to 2015, but that is not worth really mentioning other then presenting every option. Disirregardless that's a big hit. Then we spend what probably comes to $8mm for DeSean Jackson, a wildcard, troubled star just jettisoned by a team that could have used a WR of his calibre.

So far, the math comes to $16.5mm for 2014 for what amounts to 1 WR. One WR that is supposed to upgrade 52 receptions and 597 yards in 100 targets in 12 games. One WR that is supposed to upgrade 289 receptions, 3,720 yards, and 26 TD's over the last 4 seasons. All of this on a team with less then average QB play, 7 starting QB's, and a team that relies upon the run.

I don't see what DJackson could offer this team that is worth $16.5mm.

And just so you can look at DJackson's numbers over the last 4 years:

232 receptions, 4049 yards, 21 TD's.

Career:

DJax: 87 games, 356 catches, 6,117 yds, 17.2 Avg, 70.3 ypg, 32 TD's

SJ13: 76 games, 301 catches, 3,832 yards, 12.7 Avg, 50.4 ypg, 28 TD's

PFT is now reporting this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/30/britt-to-bills-jackson-to-washington/

"Free agent Kenny Britt is willing to accept the terms of a contract offered to him by the Buffalo Bills. The amount of the contract has yet to be disclosed but it is expected to be a three year contract."

Wow. I wanted Jackson but Britt sure does look good in those colors

http://profootballta...-to-washington/

"Free agent Kenny Britt is willing to accept the terms of a contract offered to him by the Buffalo Bills. The amount of the contract has yet to be disclosed but it is expected to be a three year contract."

Didn't work. You putting "willing to accept the terms" made me '...huh?' and that let me hover of the link. Nice try.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/30/britt-to-bills-jackson-to-washington/

Brilliant, sir.

Didn't work. You putting "willing to accept the terms" made me '...huh?' and that let me hover of the link. Nice try.

haha. I knew what it was and looked anyway. I find it hilarious actually. Never seen this one before.

haha. I knew what it was and looked anyway. I find it hilarious actually. Never seen this one before.

I tried to look for something different this time around....

Figured with this thread, might as well have some fun with it! :lol:

Gangs, sets, all that. Come on people. He is from Oakland,

He's not from Oakland.

just like Chicago, New York, New Orleans... EVEN BUFFALO, where it just isnt safe to walk the streets alone.

Says someone who has never been to any of those cities I'm guessing. I have been to all of them and walk alone all the time. Quite safely.

I guess my point is dont be afraid of something you dont understand.

And yet you're saying it's too scary to walk down the streets alone. :lol:

All signs point to Jackson signing with the Redskins right now. Buffalo talk is (thankfully) a moot point.

Yeah, thankfully the Bills don't want to add a proven pro-bowler who plays a position of desperate need... If they started doing that they might actually win more than 6 games once in a while.

Career:

DJax: 87 games, 356 catches, 6,117 yds, 17.2 Avg, 70.3 ypg, 32 TD's

SJ13: 76 games, 301 catches, 3,832 yards, 12.7 Avg, 50.4 ypg, 28 TD's

They are going to cut Johnson this year or next. Might as well get it over with. Jackson is a downfield threat and a better player. If we can make it work under the cap why exactly would you care what the hit is. its not your money. 17.2 avg vs. 12.7. Thats a massive improvement. Strengthen that o-line and you have a d-coordinators nightmare. Throw Ebron in the mix. OMG. Wanna play eight in the box to stop the run. Goodwin and Jackson run wild. Play nickel or dime to stop the pass. Then its time to ram the ball down their throat. That's a top ten offense to go along with what should be a top ten defense. Maybe top five both categories. Stevie Johnson is just good enough to get you beat. Hes nothing special.

Edited by DOGNESS

Yeah, thankfully the Bills don't want to add a proven pro-bowler who plays a position of desperate need... If they started doing that they might actually win more than 6 games once in a while.

Thankfully, the Bills don't wan to add a proven wanna-be gang banger who provides locker room distraction and off the field issues. If they start doing that, they might actually consider just moving the team to L.A. already where those thug types will be right at home.

Thankfully, the Bills don't wan to add a proven wanna-be gang banger who provides locker room distraction and off the field issues. If they start doing that, they might actually consider just moving the team to L.A. already where those thug types will be right at home.

Proven? Please, show me where it's proved Jackson is in a gang. Also, please show me any time he's been an off the field distraction for the Eagles?

Oh, that's right. You can't name them because they never happened. But way to go believing everything you read and doing no critical thinking for yourself. It shows wonderful cognitive abilities.