So...What happens next?

or atleast nothing worse than the normal bad things. you know, the losing and uncertain future, and other such that weve become accustomed to dealing with.

business as usual....let's get ready for the draft.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's stating the obvious. There is a very strong lease and the Bills will not be put up for sale for a few more years. So the Bills are not going anywhere immediately. There are 2-3 other franchises that are easier targets for L.A. right now.

But no one can know what the future holds. 2019 is D-day. The team will have a new owner and either a new stadium being built somewhere in WNY or they will be packing for somewhere else.

PTR

+1 Bump

Sal on NFL Radio this morning said that an argument that comes up AGAINST Tagliabu in the Hall of Fame Committee discussions is that he let the beloved Browns leave Cleveland.

I love it when I hear these "heartstrings beat the $$" type arguments from legitimate sources.

Its the only thing that keeps me going.

It's stating the obvious. There is a very strong lease and the Bills will not be put up for sale for a few more years. So the Bills are not going anywhere immediately. There are 2-3 other franchises that are easier targets for L.A. right now.

But no one can know what the future holds. 2019 is D-day. The team will have a new owner and either a new stadium being built somewhere in WNY or they will be packing for somewhere else.

PTR

I think the team will be put up for sale as soon as possible, and I don't think the lease will be a huge deterent. The team may not leave for 7 years, but that doesn't mean they won't get a new owner prior to that. You could have a potential owner that will look at the $400 million opt-out and decide that he could keep the team in Buffalo while a new stadium is built elsewhere, then relocate when its ready, or he could look at it and say that purchasing a $850 million dollar team, plus spending $400 million on the opt-out making a purchase price of $1.25 billion is still worth it to move to a bigger market. That price isn't far off from the value of some of the highest valued NFL teams. According to Forbes, the cowboys are worth over $2 billion, the top 10 NFL franchise are all valued at over $1.2 billion, and the average of all the franchises values are at $1.17 Billion.

Fans not only will have to show their support by selling out every game, but they will also have to show increased support from their wallets.

you seriously just made me cry.

I back all of this infinitely. We are BUFFALO BILLS STRONG!!! And nothing on this earth can hit us so hard that we give up.

These 2 quotes really do bring exactly what Buffalo Bills Strong is all about.

"Fight on, my men," Sir Andrew Said

A little I'm hurt but not yet slain.

I'll just lie down and bleed a while,

And then I'll rise and Fight again."

"When it's too tough for them it's just right for us"

I agreew ith both quotes!!

CBF

I think the team will be put up for sale as soon as possible, and I don't think the lease will be a huge deterent. The team may not leave for 7 years, but that doesn't mean they won't get a new owner prior to that. You could have a potential owner that will look at the $400 million opt-out and decide that he could keep the team in Buffalo while a new stadium is built elsewhere, then relocate when its ready, or he could look at it and say that purchasing a $850 million dollar team, plus spending $400 million on the opt-out making a purchase price of $1.25 billion is still worth it to move to a bigger market. That price isn't far off from the value of some of the highest valued NFL teams. According to Forbes, the cowboys are worth over $2 billion, the top 10 NFL franchise are all valued at over $1.2 billion, and the average of all the franchises values are at $1.17 Billion.

Fans not only will have to show their support by selling out every game, but they will also have to show increased support from their wallets.

Bottom line you are right. Look Ralph put it in the will he wants the team sold. Mary said she doesn't want it so it will be sold sooner than later. And a 400 mill fine is nothing to a multi billionaire which is who would have to buy the team. That said IF WNY can cut the bull **** and start paying for luxury suites at a normal price compared to the league and Fans realize we can't have the cheapest seats in the NFL anymore then they may stay.

fortunately, that neglects the relocation fee that would put it over 1.5B to buy and move the team immediately.

except it's not just 800m for the team and 400m for the opt out. It's another 275m for relocation fees by the NFL. Then the cost of actually moving the team or purchasing all new equipment/items. Then of course there's the cost of the new stadium which is most likely going to be between 800m-1b.

That's a net total of over 2B and nobody is forking that over for an NFL team. Not in this economy. Not when states are struggling to find schools, hospitals, governments, etc...

I'm not dying your wrong, but your post is just as ridiculous as anyone else saying they will definitely stay.

In the meantime, let's be classy about this and celebrate everything that Mr. Wilson has done for this community. Regardless if you live here or not.

That said IF WNY can cut the bull **** and start paying for luxury suites at a normal price compared to the league and Fans realize we can't have the cheapest seats in the NFL anymore then they may stay.

Supply and demand..............who is going to pay for them? You can price the heck out of them, then nobody buys

fortunately, that neglects the relocation fee that would put it over 1.5B to buy and move the team immediately.

A relocation fee that the NFL could easily wave if they like what the new owner wants to do.

Look, very few people know what is going on, and they are busy mourning at the moment. The lease et. al. is a deterrent, nothing more. Certainly not a deal breaker for guys who deal in billion dollar businesses. Logic to me would dictate the team would be sold as soon as possible simply to achieve a level of owner stability when dealing with contract extensions and FA acquisitions.

We will know when we know and not before.

And that's the point. The Bills are not a $1.25 billion team in Buffalo however in LA? Hell yeah. So the lease opt-out can be looked at as part of the purchase price. This whole "this lease is keeping them here" is not a solid deal. And regarding the relocation cost NoSaint I could see the area that is wooing them pay a good portion of that.

as soon as the team sells, littmann and Brandon are out the door.

I say they stall and manage the trust for years.

The trust may not allow for that.

A relocation fee that the NFL could easily wave if they like what the new owner wants to do.

Look, very few people know what is going on, and they are busy mourning at the moment. The lease et. al. is a deterrent, nothing more. Certainly not a deal breaker for guys who deal in billion dollar businesses. Logic to me would dictate the team would be sold as soon as possible simply to achieve a level of owner stability when dealing with contract extensions and FA acquisitions.

We will know when we know and not before.

I am not positive but I believe that the relocation fee is paid to the community that the team is departing? If that is the case it won't be waived. The lease plus relocation fee is beyond a deterrent. It is a deal breaker. That does not mean that someone will not move the team. It means that they will not for 7 years. No one in the world is going to pay an extra 50% of the value instead of waiting 7 years. The team may end up selling at $1B and then you would be adding $675M to that in order to move before 7 years. What will make the new owner more money $297M (fee to break lease drops to $28M in year 7) plus 7 years of operating in a debt free stadium or buying the team, moving the team and starting in LA (or wherever) day 1? It is not even close. The new owner cannot make up $297M (plus expenses) in 7 year period.

IMO, the Bills are likely to remain in WNY past 2020 but will certainly remain in WNY until then. Also, I have been told to be on the lookout for a guy from NC (I think that was where, the details were fuzzy) who has ties to WNY. The person that told me this would be in the know. Supposedly, this guy will be a strong candidate.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

as soon as the team sells, littmann and Brandon are out the door.

I say they stall and manage the trust for years.

This process will be overseen by by a Court, who is responsible for ensuring that best interests of the estate are being met. It is not a free for all. The process will take time - 2 to 3 years best case from now to eventual NFL approval and then formal transfer - but cannot be forestalled indefinitely.

I am not positive but I believe that the relocation fee is paid to the community that the team is departing? If that is the case it won't be waived. The lease plus relocation fee is beyond a deterrent. It is a deal breaker. That does not mean that someone will not move the team. It means that they will not for 7 years. No one in the world is going to pay an extra 50% of the value instead of waiting 7 years. The team may end up selling at $1B and then you would be adding $675M to that in order to move before 7 years. What will make the new owner more money $297M (fee to break lease drops to $28M in year 7) plus 7 years of operating in a debt free stadium or buying the team, moving the team and starting in LA (or wherever) day 1? It is not even close. The new owner cannot make up $297M (plus expenses) in 7 year period.

IMO, the Bills are likely to remain in WNY past 2020 but will certainly remain in WNY until then.

the nfl relocation fee is paid as ransom to the other greedy nfl owners who need to vote on it's approval.

the early termination fee goes to erie county and new York state.

it is more likely that Oakland and st Louis will willingly want to relocate back to L.A.

Edited by papazoid

IMO, the Bills are likely to remain in WNY past 2020 but will certainly remain in WNY until then. Also, I have been told to be on the lookout for a guy from NC (I think that was where, the details were fuzzy) who has ties to WNY. The person that told me this would be in the know. Supposedly, this guy will be a strong candidate.

The relocation fee goes into the poctets of the owners and they can set it as high or as low as they want. The lease buy out would I assume go back to the State/County who are funding the stadium improvements

the nfl relocation fee is paid as ransom to the other greedy nfl owners who need to vote on it's approval.

the early termination fee goes to erie county and new York state.

it is more likely that Oakland and st Louis will willingly want to relocate back to L.A.

Thanks for the clarification.