So...What happens next?

Its not very hard to figure out what comes next, the fans will continue to pour in their praise for Wilson and talk about how great he was to Buffalo (meanwhile less then a day before they were talking about how horrible of an owner he is because he is cheap and only cares about money, and how he has to sell so we can get a new owner who will care about the team and spend).

Then in some time someone from his family or the team will come forward and announce how the team will continue to operate as normal until a new ownership group is found. Fans will go back to complaining about how he didn't make provisions beforehand to ensure the team stays forever in Buffalo. People will also come up with many other crazy ideas that could be done to make sure they stay

Then out of nowhere, Jon Bon Jovi comes flying into town on an 80s rock guitar cloud, announces he has just purchased the team, changing the name to the New Jersey Bills, but in a weird twist says they will continue to play out of RWS in Buffalo (If NY teams can play in Jersey, why can't a Jersey team play in NY?)

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not very hard to figure out what comes next, the fans will continue to pour in their praise for Wilson and talk about how great he was to Buffalo (meanwhile less then a day before they were talking about how horrible of an owner he is because he is cheap and only cares about money, and how he has to sell so we can get a new owner who will care about the team and spend).

Then in some time someone from his family or the team will come forward and announce how the team will continue to operate as normal until a new ownership group is found. Fans will go back to complaining about how he didn't make provisions beforehand to ensure the team stays forever in Buffalo. People will also come up with many other crazy ideas that could be done to make sure they stay

Then out of nowhere, Jon Bon Jovi comes flying into town on an 80s rock guitar cloud, announces he has just purchased the team, changing the name to the New Jersey Bills, but in a weird twist says they will continue to play out of RWS in Buffalo (If NY teams can play in Jersey, why can't a Jersey team play in NY?)

roughly, this.

Fate, Karma, God... Bring it! These are going to be the darkest days in Bills history for awhile folks, but you know what? !@#$ it! We are Bills strong and that makes us tougher than any other SOB's out there!

2-14 seasons? !@#$ em'

0-4 in Superbowls !@#$ it!

Jokes of the National Media.. !@#$ them!

Ralph dies, Jimbo dying... Bring it!

What happens next? We keep putting one foot in front of the other, we support the team, we support the brain trust that is running the team, we still show up and be the best God Damn fans the NFL has ever seen! And most important we keep supporting each other.

WE ARE BUFFALO BILLS FANS DAMN IT! We never quit, we never give in, WE NEVER SURRENDER!!!

A scene in Rocky Balboa where he is talking to his kid really fits us and fits here...

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. And that is what we will do!

What happens next is simple. Bills fans all over the world, not just WNY, we ban together like never before and we show the world how great we are, that we can't be broken or divided no matter what. We take an ass whipping like no one else and we are still standing. Always have been... always will be.

Man I really hope Jim Kelly doesn't read these threads. Let's see what the doctors say after the surgery, alright? Geez.

You forgot to add how Da'Rick Rogers' name will be added to the Wall of Fame as the greatest potential WR to ever don a Bills' uniform. Other than that, spot on.

Another movie this harkens back to is Apollo 13 when a fellow played by Joe Spano lamented that if the effort to save Apollo 13 okayed out the bad way logic predict was likely we would see " These are going to be the darkest days in Bills history for awhile"

However, Ed Harris played a character who disagreed and predicted it would be seen as our finest hour!

We will have a lifetime to be bummed if it in fact turns out badly. Be Ed Harris!

Fate, Karma, God... Bring it! These are going to be the darkest days in Bills history for awhile folks, but you know what? !@#$ it! We are Bills strong and that makes us tougher than any other SOB's out there!

2-14 seasons? !@#$ em'

What happens next? We keep putting one foot in front of the other, we support the team, we support the brain trust that is running the team, we still show up and be the best God Damn fans the NFL has ever seen! And most important we keep supporting each other.

WE ARE BUFFALO BILLS FANS DAMN IT! We never quit, we never give in, WE NEVER SURRENDER!!!

A scene in Rocky Balboa where he is talking to his kid really fits us and fits here...

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. And that is what we will do!

What happens next is simple. Bills fans all over the world, not just WNY, we ban together like never before and we show the world how great we are, that we can't be broken or divided no matter what. We take an ass whipping like no one else and we are still standing. Always have been... always will be.

Is this a good or bad quote?

CBF

Ha ha, I think that it is a way of deflecting. It is like when a team is widely linked to a player under contract and they ask the coach/GM/owner about said player, "We cannot comment on players under contract." It is his way of saying "no comment."

Is this a good or bad quote?

CBF

It's stating the obvious. There is a very strong lease and the Bills will not be put up for sale for a few more years. So the Bills are not going anywhere immediately. There are 2-3 other franchises that are easier targets for L.A. right now.

But no one can know what the future holds. 2019 is D-day. The team will have a new owner and either a new stadium being built somewhere in WNY or they will be packing for somewhere else.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

As executor, Littman gets more money, the bigger the estate. That scares me. I hope he's not as money hungry for himself - and he was more looking out for Ralph all these years.

The very idea that you have any idea about what was going on there and what Littman did and did not do is silly. It's been shown time and time again that the Bills were *not* cheap and not the lowest spending team in the league and they are generally in the middle of the pack.

Maybe we should rename this thread to "What happens after 7 years" -- I think it's safe to say that the Bills are relatively SAFE for the next 7.

So true, while we may have this cloud hanging above us nothing is happening until 2020. We will hear all kinds of names and rumors in that period and we will all react how we always react here. It will be the best news ever each time or the worst news ever with no in-betweens.

So true, while we may have this cloud hanging above us nothing is happening until 2020. We will hear all kinds of names and rumors in that period and we will all react how we always react here. It will be the best news ever each time or the worst news ever with no in-betweens.

I think you mean that nothing bad is happening until 2020...something good could certainly happen prior to then, if a guy with local ties makes a purchase a few years from now.

It's stating the obvious. There is a very strong lease and the Bills will not be put up for sale for a few more years. So the Bills are not going anywhere immediately. There are 2-3 other franchises that are easier targets for L.A. right now.

But no one can know what the future holds. 2019 is D-day. The team will have a new owner and either a new stadium being built somewhere in WNY or they will be packing for somewhere else.

PTR

The one solid thing out of the last 24 hours is that the Bills may be sold or not in the next 6 years BUT no one will move them until year 7 at the earliest. Prior to year 7, we will know a lot more than we know now (who owns the team, threat(s) made (or not) about moving the team "unless", etc).

If the Bills can actually become competitive meanwhile, WE THE FANS, will have a say by routinely selling out The Ralph.

-RnJ

2-14 seasons? !@#$ em'

you seriously just made me cry.

I back all of this infinitely. We are BUFFALO BILLS STRONG!!! And nothing on this earth can hit us so hard that we give up.

These 2 quotes really do bring exactly what Buffalo Bills Strong is all about.

“Fight on, my men,” Sir Andrew Said

A little I’m hurt but not yet slain.

I’ll just lie down and bleed a while,

And then I’ll rise and Fight again.”

"When it's too tough for them it's just right for us"

I think you mean that nothing bad is happening until 2020...something good could certainly happen prior to then, if a guy with local ties makes a purchase a few years from now.

or atleast nothing worse than the normal bad things. you know, the losing and uncertain future, and other such that weve become accustomed to dealing with.