So...What happens next?

The concern is that they really do pull a "Major League" and dump what few good players we have (large contracts) to free up cash for the heirs...

I honestly hope a new group and sale happens quickly or that RW did in fact leave it to his wife....

as was posted in this thread....we need to win the whole damn thing

As executor, Littman gets more money, the bigger the estate. That scares me. I hope he's not as money hungry for himself - and he was more looking out for Ralph all these years.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the trust will indeed run the Bills for the next few years, this may be big benefit to the Bills remaining. It could allow time for LA to get a team or teams before any sale. It may actually speed the Rams return to LA. It will give the stadium group time to come up with a plan for a new one and it will allow local interests time to get things in order and get the support needed to make a move..

As executor, Littman gets more money, the bigger the estate. That scares me. I hope he's not as money hungry for himself - and he was more looking out for Ralph all these years.

Here's the beauty of a trust. We call it "control from the grave". Ralph still controls how thing move going forward. No need to worry.

People have been moaning and groaning for YEARS on this board about ralph now he has gone to a better place ( if there is one and u believe that) and everyone wants to act like they haven't been hoping or wishing for this for along time. Personally I'm glad we will get a new owner but I do wish the family the best. Mr Wilson lived to be 95 that in itself is a grand accomplishment . RIP mr Wilson and May the bills always be with u.

WGR is lightly talking about this issue currently and not just what it means for the Bills, but his philanthropy and what he did to the community and world. How he is the reason Kevin Everett is walking today because Ralph was a key funding partner in that program. The things he has done in Detroit are things we don't even know.

We need something to, I don't know, donate money to the issue and things that Wilson believed in...I would contribute what little I can.

WGR is lightly talking about this issue currently and not just what it means for the Bills, but his philanthropy and what he did to the community and world. How he is the reason Kevin Everett is walking today because Ralph was a key funding partner in that program. The things he has done in Detroit are things we don't even know.

We need something to, I don't know, donate money to the issue and things that Wilson believed in...I would contribute what little I can.

It is easy to get caught up in wins and losses and forget about stuff like this. I can't even fathom what western NY would be like if they never had the Bills and RW. I can't even fathom what it will be like without them. Honestly how many other owners make contributions like him? Snyder, Jones - Hell no!

Edit: The only reason I started this thread was so that there was one place for these topics to be discussed. I didn't want to see the board littered with a bunch of rag tag threads. Some others have said, it was not to be insensitive; but to simply have place where those of us who are able can bring up some points and thoughts that are on our minds. Above all today is a day to mourn Mr. Wilson and the best way we really can celebrate him is to make sure we do our part to keep his legacy alive; a BIG part of that is this team. As members of this Bills family, we have to do our part to ensure his legacy lives on.

I posted it earlier, but will re-post:

“Fight on, my men,” Sir Andrew Said

”A little I’m hurt but not yet slain.

”I’ll just lie down and bleed a while,

”And then I’ll rise and Fight again.”

Edited by Reed83HOF

....or you need to read the lease. It is possible that the team will leave in 7 years but no one is going to pay $400M to move and $900M+ to buy the team. That is why it is written like that. We need the sale to take place soon.

Aren't there conditions in the lease like upgrades to the stadium and the commision that needs to be set up? If the new owner says he/she is leaving in 7 years no matter what the county may not ant to pay for the upkeep of the stadium anymore. Therefore the lease is broken.

I've not read the lease nor has anyone else on this board. Maybe it is iron clad but rarely is that the case. Would Erie County want to keep paying repair costs in 2018 and beyond for a facility that has no long term use?

Aren't there conditions in the lease like upgrades to the stadium and the commision that needs to be set up? If the new owner says he/she is leaving in 7 years no matter what the county may not ant to pay for the upkeep of the stadium anymore. Therefore the lease is broken.

I've not read the lease nor has anyone else on this board. Maybe it is iron clad but rarely is that the case. Would Erie County want to keep paying repair costs in 2018 and beyond for a facility that has no long term use?

It has been said enough in the media that the Bills will be in Buffalo due to the contract. It may not be iron clad but the breaching of it or buyout option, iirc, was reported to be in the many hundreds of millions.

It has been said enough in the media that the Bills will be in Buffalo due to the contract. It may not be iron clad but the breaching of it or buyout option, iirc, was reported to be in the many hundreds of millions.

There are a few Toronto Sun links on the front page; to move it will be about $2 billion with a $400 mil buyout, $300 mil relocation fee and the purchase of the team. Toss in a fu&k ton of money if you need to build a stadium too. Toronto or anyone else for that matter will have to pay mega bucks for this team if they want to move them.

Edited by Reed83HOF

I think the sad but true truth here, is that Ralph's legacy will either be forever enshrined or tarnished by how the handling of selling this team goes. If they stay, he will be remembered as King, they leave, and he leaves fans feeling bitter for not being responsible. Please go out a King Mr. Wilson!

Chance he just got more power is a logical possibility too. Until the team is sold.

In regards to Littman- this is what Bill Polian said, when asked about the teams structure with Ralphs' passing. Not sure if Polian just doesn't know, and assuming, but he never mentioned Russ Brandon.

While I dont think they will end up in L.A., I have wondered if they did, how will that affect alignment and I dont think the Pats,Fins and Jets want to fly cross country for a divisional game every year

Edited by JLO

Here's my theory on the plan. The lock-in lease was effectively a gift to give us a shot at keeping the team. People are saying the sooner the team is sold, the better... Not necessarily. The team is not staying after 2019 regardless of ownership group, unless the stadium issue is resolved. Imagine if the team was sold tomorrow. The new ownership would either lack leverage (if perceived as committed to stay no matter what) OR they would be under constant suspicion of dragging on negotiations to eventually break the lease. What if, instead, the trust immediately tries to negotiate a "contingent" stadium deal. If the trust arranges a plan with county/state support to have a stadium in place, it will do 2 things: 1) it will be more attractive to potential owners who just do not want the headache of a move and 2) it will increase the in-place valuation of the team, reducing the financial case for moving. Oh and the trust could claim they increased the team's value, per their duty. It just requires that elected officials get creative and work on a deal knowing that it is not binding and won't be final but is still worth the effort. Main downside is the new owner could ask for a better dea. Unlikely this will work out but it could happen.

Here's the beauty of a trust. We call it "control from the grave". Ralph still controls how thing move going forward. No need to worry.

Nice...........And, from the grave then he will define his legacy

I think the sad but true truth here, is that Ralph's legacy will either be forever enshrined or tarnished by how the handling of selling this team goes. If they stay, he will be remembered as King, they leave, and he leaves fans feeling bitter for not being responsible. Please go out a King Mr. Wilson!

..........Because I totally believe this to be true.

GR did a good job when I was listening today, but Schoop still bugged me that he had to call him "Wilson" and not Ralph or Mr. Wilson like everybody was.

When he was alive, he wanted to not give him that respect of calling him Mr. Wilson, so I guess he didn't want to do it when he had died either.

the team doesn't have to be sold to the highest bidder.

the nfl goes through an extensive process on financial/best interests on potential owners bids in purchasing respective teams.

The Wilson family can sell, the NFL has to okay the buyer and the owners vote.

The amount of self righteousness in this thread is ridiculous.

Some people are acting like posters are at his actual funeral discussing how to split up his estate in front of his grieving family. Get a grip, it's an internet forum. Bills fans are wondering about the future of the team and want to discuss the topic with other like minded fans.

If you are using this situation as an opportunity to look down at other people and tell them they aren't classy, well, there is a terrible irony in that.