So...What happens next?

Like I said, take it FWIW. But also like I said, the Bills won't be moving for another 6 years, and if LA is going to get a team, it will be filled by then, and the NFL will have a huge PR problem if they allow the team to be sold to people who want to move the team, when there are many people with the money to buy the team and keep it in Buffalo.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, take it FWIW. But also like I said, the Bills won't be moving for another 6 years, and if LA is going to get a team, it will be filled by then, and the NFL will have a huge PR problem if they allow the team to be sold to people who want to move the team, when there are many people with the money to buy the team and keep it in Buffalo.

Many?

Anyway, if there are only buyers who want to move the team, what's the league going to do, force someone (of the "many" in Buffalo) to buy the team and keep it there?

The other owners won't weep for the losing of the Bills in Buffalo.

Many?

Anyway, if there are only buyers who want to move the team, what's the league going to do, force someone (of the "many" in Buffalo) to buy the team and keep it there?

The other owners won't weep for the losing of the Bills in Buffalo.

Yes, many. Meaning there won't only be buyers who want to move the team.

Forbes values the Bills at roughly $900 million. If media reports are true, the league will impose a maybe $200 million relocation fee. Then there's the $400 million fee to break the lease. So an out-of-towner will have to pay 1.6 billion to buy the Bills. Realistically, I don't see any market supporting that price other than L.A.

But L.A. has it's own problems, particularly a stadium. Bringing the Bills to LA could cost $3 billion - including roughly $1.4 billion for a new state-of-the-art stadium. Not sure any of LA's billionaire's want to reach that deep.

Another way to look at it, local bidders are getting a roughly $600 million dollar - or more - discount because they won't be assessed any fees and won't have to fund a stadium. Even without a 'no relocation' provision in the trust, the Bills have a good chance of staying here.

You make an excellent post. I'd love to believe this sport's blogger, but until you start hearing the same comments from one of our top news reporters, or even someone who was close to the Bills like Polian, Carucci, etc., I'm skeptical. Remember with all of these good points, CA is broke and has been for years. There is no way they will put in $500 mil for a new stadium.

I know I'm impatient but I'm ready for the finale to this story. I don't want this to drag out. I hope we get some answers quick so that we can begin the five stages of grief or go back to life as normal.

I remember a few years ago there was a list of potential buyers for the Bills.

At the time it was basically a compilation of billionaires (Tom Golisano, Rogers family,), millionaires (able to pull resources together to get the funding) (Jim Kelly, PDiddy), public and known figures wanting to buy a team (Bon Jovi).

Anyone want to help find some of these people?

Edited by jboyst62

I remember a few years ago there was a list of potential buyers for the Bills.

At the time it was basically a compilation of billionaires (Tom Golisano, Rogers family,), millionaires (able to pull resources together to get the funding) (Jim Kelly, PDiddy), public and known figures wanting to buy a team (Bon Jovi).

Anyone want to help find some of these people?

Yep, I'm sure all the pretenders and contenders will be surfacing soon enough....

Kudos to you jboyst62, I read more than I post, and your one of my favorites..

New Stadium Working Group holds first meeting

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - Bills president Russ Brandon can appreciate how eight years is not much time to establish a plan to secure the franchise's long-term future in Buffalo.

''That's the reason, we're standing here today,'' Brandon said Tuesday, after a newly formed stadium search committee met for the first time. ''This will be a long process. We have a lot of work that needs to be done. But I know our group is up for the task.''

Called the ''New Stadium Work Group,'' it is a committee made up public and private leaders and Bills executives. They will be responsible for making recommendations on whether a new stadium or renovations to the team's current home best fit the franchise's needs to remain viable in Buffalo once the Bills lease expires in 2022.

How does this work? I thought the trust was the owner?

Could still be. Note that Mr. Wilson was the sole owner but Mrs. is the controlling (not sole) owner.

She could just be the head of the trust which would not be unusual.

Not much else is know at this point. But it's a slow news day so this got a lot of traction :)

Edited by CodeMonkey