So...What happens next?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 out of 32 is not very good at all when you consider that the Bills currently carry no debt. Any new owner paying upwards of a billion dollars for the team would probably not be in the same situation.

But like others have said we should have a better idea when the new ownership in known, and we will know when we know.

yup - getting tooooo worked up over it now is a losing battle. for the most part we truly have no idea, other than the fact that between the relocation fee and the fee to breach the lease meaning we likely have some time no matter what.

i'm afraid there's too much faith in the NFL owners doing the "right thing". they're going to do whatever they believe is best for business. and they could still come to the wrong conclusion e.g. the decision to sweep the head injury issue under the rug for years. if the value of the team in buffalo is x and it's x+y somewhere else, as long as y is greater than the incremental cost of moving the franchise, it makes sense for the new owner to move. i think there's a better than even chance that's true. the financial cost to the nfl from bad will garnered over the moving van scenario has probably already been estimated by accountants in the NFL. that calculation (correct or incorrect) will likely decide whether the bills stay or move.

i also agree that whether or not wilson left conditions in place assuring the bills remain in buffalo will greatly effect his legacy. how much that legacy mattered to him will soon become evident.

i'm afraid there's too much faith in the NFL owners doing the "right thing". they're going to do whatever they believe is best for business. and they could still come to the wrong conclusion e.g. the decision to sweep the head injury issue under the rug for years. if the value of the team in buffalo is x and it's x+y somewhere else, as long as y is greater than the incremental cost of moving the franchise, it makes sense for the new owner to move. i think there's a better than even chance that's true. the financial cost to the nfl from bad will garnered over the moving van scenario has probably already been estimated by accountants in the NFL. that calculation (correct or incorrect) will likely decide whether the bills stay or move.

i also agree that whether or not wilson left conditions in place assuring the bills remain in buffalo will greatly effect his legacy. how much that legacy mattered to him will soon become evident.

From a pure financial standpoint, yes....but the long term viability of a team in LA (or two teams as they have been discussing) is a question the owners and Roger will consider. If Buffalo can maintain a team for 50+ years with a rabid fanbase, why couldn't LA on three separate occasions. If it truly does boil down to money, money and more money (for owners and players) then Mark Cuban may very well see into the future. The league will implode.

22 out of 32 is not very good at all when you consider that the Bills currently carry no debt. Any new owner paying upwards of a billion dollars for the team would probably not be in the same situation.

But like others have said we should have a better idea when the new ownership in known, and we will know when we know.

Sorry, I mis-typed when I said pure profit...according to the chart, it's revenue in which Buffalo ranks 22nd.

Changes the game a bit...but you're right, it's all a big guessing game for the foreseeable future.

San Diego and Oakland are the front runners for LA. They were exploring the idea already, unhappy with the stadium, and have a large fan base in LA.

Yep, this is my understanding as well. SD is on a year to year lease with their stadium, and their fan base is SoCal as a whole not just the city of SD. Oakland is a natural candidate to move back as well and I believe Mark Davis did not deny that when asked at the owner's meetings.

And the NFL relocation fee which I believe is another $275 million...

dont forget the cost of either moving all items included with the team or purchasing all new items/equipment.

And let's not forget the cost of building a whole new stadium anywhere that may be. There's another 800m-1b

Fate, Karma, God... Bring it! These are going to be the darkest days in Bills history for awhile folks, but you know what? !@#$ it! We are Bills strong and that makes us tougher than any other SOB's out there!

2-14 seasons? !@#$ em'

0-4 in Superbowls !@#$ it!

Jokes of the National Media.. !@#$ them!

Ralph dies, Jimbo dying... Bring it!

What happens next? We keep putting one foot in front of the other, we support the team, we support the brain trust that is running the team, we still show up and be the best God Damn fans the NFL has ever seen! And most important we keep supporting each other.

WE ARE BUFFALO BILLS FANS DAMN IT! We never quit, we never give in, WE NEVER SURRENDER!!!

A scene in Rocky Balboa where he is talking to his kid really fits us and fits here...

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. And that is what we will do!

What happens next is simple. Bills fans all over the world, not just WNY, we ban together like never before and we show the world how great we are, that we can't be broken or divided no matter what. We take an ass whipping like no one else and we are still standing. Always have been... always will be.

If the Bills move will this site stay online?

I can't imagine not visiting this site every day :(

:cry:

CBF

Cheer up CBF - I'm sure Scott or some of the other guys would have a Plan B if the Bills ever move. Worst case scenario, I'll give you my email address and we can exchange Bills' football memories.

If the Bills move, I honestly think the NFL would no longer be a part of my life, other than emotionally detached viewing of the postseason. I'd put that energy into my favorite hockey and baseball teams instead.

People of significant means tend to care a lot about their legacy. Mr. Wilson putting his name on so many charitable endeavors is evidence of that. I've got to think he made sure some kind of plan was in place for the team.

Time will tell. Hopefully sooner rather than later. As a fan base we've been in this sort of holding pattern on the future of our team for how many years? Decades?