So...What happens next?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is foolish. You really think the potential buyers and the NFL will blame the fans? Come on man.

Who do you blame for Jacksonville?

As I recall, they were very successful a few years ago. Why are there whispers of them leaving?

Edited by FireChan

Who do you blame for Jacksonville?

As I recall, they were very successful a few years ago. Why are there whispers of them leaving?

Buffalo fans have consistently supported this team for over 50 years. Jacksonville fans haven't supported their team for over a decade.

Not selling out is not selling out. It's bad PR to have blacked out games in November.

And once again no potential owner or the league offices is going to blame the fans for that. Is this the ole WNY lack of self esteem issue showing up??

BTW, Goodell made a comment today that the NFL "needs to come up with a long term plan to keep the Bills in Buffalo" --- GOOD and BAD --- the GOOD, they are interested in coming up with a plan to keep the team in Buffalo. the BAD, there is NO PLAN !

I think they want 2 teams in SoCal. Jerry Jones said as much last July. San Diego has been rumored to move up north to LA as has Oakland. Jacksonville is in the mix. Moving San Diego would have the least impact on the teams fans of those mentioned. I have a feeling in my gut that the Bills are good as gone. Being from Buffalo, you are sued to gut punches like this.

Not selling out is not selling out. It's bad PR to have blacked out games in November.

I think your thinking to much about selling out the games. The NFL makes the majority of its money on TV deals.

Fortunately, the Bills finished 11th in the NFL last year in terms of TV market. Thats pretty freaking good for a small market team on a 14 year bender. This should be the basis of your argument. They Bills are in the top 1/3 of the league in terms of TV market, the support for the Bills is there.

I think your thinking to much about selling out the games. The NFL makes the majority of its money on TV deals.

Fortunately, the Bills finished 11th in the NFL last year in terms of TV market. Thats pretty freaking good for a small market team on a 14 year bender. This should be the basis of your argument. They Bills are in the top 1/3 of the league in terms of TV market, the support for the Bills is there.

While I think it's great the Bills finished 11th in TV market, don't be misled by that number and it's relationship to MONEY. The Bills ranked 11th in RATING. RATING represents the percentage of TV's in an area tuned into a particular broadcast NOT the absolute number of TV's. For instance, if Buffalo has 1M in population and has a 35% rating; 350,000 people are watching. If LA has a population of 10M and a 20% rating; 2,000,000 people are watching !! So, which market will generate more money ? Great we are so passionate about the team, there just isn't as many of us in Buffalo as there are in places like LA. Sorry to burst the bubble !