Spikes confirmed visiting OBD. Confirmed Signed

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy with the acquisitions and retention of our free agents. Carpenter, Chandler, Spikes, Dixon, Graham, Williams, Rivers. That's a lot of work and some Super Bowl veteran leadership. I see other threads saying they want a WR or a NT....as for me, I'm very pleased. Whaley did a bang up job. On to the draft and OTA's. Nice work Bills.

To their credit, I never expected the FO to pull this off. I was screaming that he was a nasty player, and that he was coming off an injury, that Patriot fans were complaining about how slow he was.

I was shocked when I heard he was in for a physical. And so I dug around a bit more.

Spikes always said that he was healthy to play. It seems like the reason he was on IR was because he angered The Hoodie.

He is kind of slow, and not the best in coverage, but when you have Kiko playing Weakside (a much more cover centric role) and remembering that he pretty much guarded the weakside in coverage along with all of his other duties I think the two may complement each other really well.

And he might be a punk, but he's OUR punk now. :thumbsup: He's gone from a "love to hate" to "hate to love" kind of guy. I hope he gets to tackle Brady a lot.!

Very happy with the acquisitions and retention of our free agents. Carpenter, Chandler, Spikes, Dixon, Graham, Williams, Rivers. That's a lot of work and some Super Bowl veteran leadership. I see other threads saying they want a WR or a NT....as for me, I'm very pleased. Whaley did a bang up job. On to the draft and OTA's. Nice work Bills.

I agree! Admittedly, I am skeptical of Williams and I don't know if Rivers is really expected to be a starter, but what holes I see really could be filled in the draft this year.

Rob Quinn@RQUINN619 2m

Buffalo #Bills Sign LB Brandon Spikes: All-22 Analysis Of What He Brings To The Defense http://forgedinbuffa...acker/ …

To their credit, I never expected the FO to pull this off. I was screaming that he was a nasty player, and that he was coming off an injury, that Patriot fans were complaining about how slow he was.

I was shocked when I heard he was in for a physical. And so I dug around a bit more.

Spikes always said that he was healthy to play. It seems like the reason he was on IR was because he angered The Hoodie.

He is kind of slow, and not the best in coverage, but when you have Kiko playing Weakside (a much more cover centric role) and remembering that he pretty much guarded the weakside in coverage along with all of his other duties I think the two may complement each other really well.

And he might be a punk, but he's OUR punk now. :thumbsup: He's gone from a "love to hate" to "hate to love" kind of guy. I hope he gets to tackle Brady a lot.!

I agree! Admittedly, I am skeptical of Williams and I don't know if Rivers is really expected to be a starter, but what holes I see really could be filled in the draft this year.

I am a little skeptical of this too but I think it is more of a base defense starter and we see a lot of Lawson in sub-packages. Also.... IF we were to land, say, Kahlil Mack in the draft, that all changes. Still early! But I think they see something in Rivers or they would not have gone out and gotten him,

I am very content with a WR in the draft because it is such a deep WR draft and we already have Stevie, Woods, Goodwin. Look at some teams like Carolina, etc who have zero WRs! Add a big rookie WR into the mix, maybe a TE, some other OL and defensive talent and we are good! Oh, and a punter :) Edited by YoloinOhio

This just made our offseason an A in my book. We added a DB who LOVES being a Bill who can contribute in the defensive back field and ST, we added an OL guy who still has upside and can play all over the line (some Rams fans I know are bummed the lost him)...we kept our K and TE...we added a solid RB for depth...we added 2 key LB's.

I mean, this has been impressive in my book and I don't get why everyone has been complaining. I really like what we did and we did not put ourselves in cap hell so we have flexibility moving forward.

GO BILLS

I agree. Do you think that Spikes and Dixon and Graham are worth a Bird?

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

Rob Quinn@RQUINN619 2m

Buffalo #Bills Sign LB Brandon Spikes: All-22 Analysis Of What He Brings To The Defense http://forgedinbuffa...acker/ …

Wow! Woods gets Blown Up by Spike's LB teammate (#54) in that 1st video. Eric gets in position for the run to bust open but is blasted into the RB's path where Spikes closes in for the tackle.

I'm happy the deal finally got done but I'm bummed it's only 1 yr. Would have liked 2 or 3. At least we know he's going to play hard knowing its a contract year but we are going to be bummed when he's one and done

One and done, maybe. But one year to Brady is a lot!. Every year is closer to retirement.

@BrandonSpikes55: Gotta silence the lambs, get on my Buffalo Bill! #51 #BILLSMAFIA taking back the #AFCEAST #PoWwWwW

You like Duke based on his 10 defensive snaps? And Meeks based on his 0 snaps?

I'd rather get a Chris Clemons or Ryan Clarke and not depend on mid round draft picks with 0 experience

Now Sign S Chris Clemons and I will consider FA a success. We can concentrate on getting a S , TE and ILB in the mid rounds without having to reach in the early rounds. Let the rookies we already have and the new draftees grow into the position. The Kiko's who contribute immediately are the exception, not the expected. Love the Spikes, Graham signings. The early signings were of the WTHWYT type, but they recovered.

Yeah, I'm not that excited about this. At least a 2 year deal would have been better. Makes you think he really doesn't want to be here.

If the guy didn't want to be here he wouldn't be here. Spikes has issues and has to prove himself again. Why not do it with a team with your old coach and plays the Pats twice?

spikes is a home run signing.

a starting "impact" player as one of the top run defenders, filling the biggest area of need/weakness on the defense.

expect kiko to play even better on the outside.

I also love the corey graham signing.

Edited by papazoid

I'd rather have Takeo Spikes now, than this putz. He said that Buffalo is a miserable place. Funny how, you sell out for the dollar.

I didn't like it either and don't like that he's a 2-downer, but he's a Bill so I hope he plays like a madman. And Revis bashed Belichick and Brady while with the Jets, so...

I'd rather have Takeo Spikes now, than this putz. He said that Buffalo is a miserable place. Funny how, you sell out for the dollar.

Get over it. Soon they'll be selling spikes T shirts that say welcome to the plumbers crack of America!