Spikes confirmed visiting OBD. Confirmed Signed

Spikes one year deal mid level money, really nice deal for both. Spikes gets decent money on a prove it type deal while the Bills get some help at MLB in the run department. He is a liability in the passing game for sure but we can work around that.

Overall I like the signing, its an earth shattering type signing but considering how the team lacked a presence in the run game and LB's overall its a nice deal.

Edited by billsfan89

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be they plan to draft a MLB but want to give him a year to develop, so use Spikes this coming season, let him move on and play the guy you draft this year in 2015.

Yep. I believe they will draft an ILB. I’d look for it in round 3. Skov or Borland would make me feel good about the future possibilities. Not the most athletic, but the most heart and great production.

All of the spikes reports have come from hack wannabe sources. I'm afraid they may have jinxed it

Hack? Wannabe? Jinx? Say again? LoL

If Wawrow is reporting it then it is 100% correct. He will not report on speculation or BS. He will report only when the story is confirmed by a direct source. It is AP protocol.

Trapasso, Bob, others can suck a ... because they knew nothing but the obvious situation and had a high probability of being right. Obvious is obvious, now they can beat their chests to this, but Trapasso, Rodrak, and Bob are hacks.

Give ‘em their credit. They said he was signing earlier in the day. B4 your legit journalists. Won’t be that way all the time, but for today, give the credit where it’s due. Folks saying they were wrong were themselves wrong.

Hack? Wannabe? Jinx? Say again? LoL

So he gained some cred today,

Good for him.

Sorry if I am not quick to trust bloggers who have nothing to lose if they are wrong. I could have put it out there on my twitter that Spikes was signed once the Bills announced he was in the building this afternoon too.

And why is that, just because they lost Byrd?

Aaron Williams played well at safety last year and will take over at FS now. The Bills planned for this by drafting Duke who I like and Meeks last year and still have Searcy to battle it out for SS spot

I don't see it as a need

why do you think aaron williams will move to FS?

Ok, look folks. This is a good free agent pick up here, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Planning a Super Bowl parade (sarcasm, I know) but some of us are planning it as we speak, y'all know it's true. Take a deep breath, we as fans still have the draft too look forward to. A lot of time between now and the season opener.

But I'm excited as hell right now though!

Ok, look folks. This is a good free agent pick up here, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Planning a Super Bowl parade (sarcasm, I know) but some of us are planning it as we speak, y'all know it's true. Take a deep breath, we as fans still have the draft too look forward to. A lot of time between now and the season opener.

But I'm excited as hell right now though!

You shut your mouth when you're talking realistically!!

I almost feel bad for laughing at their moves earlier in the week. Other than Williams, very impressive since. Ebron or Evans in the first and OT in the second. Might have a playoff roster here now folks..

I've heard this story before. I heard it for the last twelve years in fact. I'll be impressed when they win games.

I just read that Spikes has missed 12 tackles in 4 years. For context, Kiko missed 10 tackes in his first year.

Source: Rob Quinn on Twitter.

That's still very impressive for a guy best suited for OLB who was playing an entire season at MLB.

McKelvin.....................Branch/Hughes....Dareus....K.Williams....M.Williams....................Gilmore

.....................................................................................................................................................

.................................Alonso............................Spikes.................Rivers/Lawson..........................

.....................................................................................................................................................

..................................................A.Williams...................................................................................

.............................................................................D.Williams/Searcy ..........................................

McKelvin.....................Branch/Hughes....Dareus....K.Williams....M.Williams....................Gilmore

.................................Alonso............................Spikes.................Rivers/Lawson..........................

..................................................A.Williams...................................................................................

.............................................................................D.Williams/Searcy ..........................................

beautiful!

dont forget graham robey and duke