Bills Sign LB Keith Rivers

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we think nothing of overpaying by a million or two to JAGs, but get stingy when its one of our better players

1) he may not even see the second year. Huge difference in his money & Byrd's

2) folks gotta stop pretending they know how the Byrd contract talks went. We have no idea & it's pure speculation.

Even Polian had 32 LB's ranked higher and gave him a C-

Puzzling signing, I hope they are right about what they see in him. I also hope we were bidding against someone because it almost seems like he could have been a camp signing,

two down runstopping MLB mostly but he can line up anywhere. He doens't make much plays though

He fits a role. It seems a little pricey but if he can play vs. the run its another box checked. He was a high draft pick and then Hines Ward almost killed him.

They still need to address RT with a starter.

Even Polian had 32 LB's ranked higher and gave him a C-

Puzzling signing, I hope they are right about what they see in him. I also hope we were bidding against someone because it almost seems like he could have been a camp signing,

If he is good against the run I'm all for it...the Giants D sucked last year, he is coming into a much better situation here...

He fits a role. It seems a little pricey but if he can play vs. the run its another box checked. He was a high draft pick and then Hines Ward almost killed him.

They still need to address RT with a starter.

I'm guessing the draft for this

18.30: SIGNING! The Bills have been busy today haven’t they? One time first round pick and most recently former Giant Keith Rivers has signed a two-year deal for $5m according to James Walker. Rivers has never quite grown into an every down role (or the player he was drafted to be) but his work in the run game is that of a person you can count on in a teams base package. He’s earned a +3.9 grade in this regard over the past two years with 8 special teams tackles over the period.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/03/12/2014-free-agency-live-blog-day-2/

we think nothing of overpaying by a million or two to JAGs, but get stingy when its one of our better players

Word is we offered him 10mil...how is that stingy? Yes, it's not confirmed, but let's not just be negative for negativity's sake. This seems a good value pick...and considering their success with Hughes and Lawson, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt...kinda love what they're doing this FA season. Wish Byrd had signed with us, but that is in the past now.