Bills to pull out of Toronto deal per Mark Gaughan

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is going to be a pretty exciting day for you if the Bills finally get moved to another city.

The thousands of opinions you've posted about how crappy the fans are around here for not correctly supporting the team will finally be validated.

Yeah, I'm the biggest hater on TBD, or am I the biggest kool aid drinker, or do I work for the Bills? I can't keep track.

Its clear from reading many of the posts here...many are all about what the team can do for them. They are not supporters, only takers. Pretty much a microcosm of society at large.

"Ask not what you can do for your team, but what your team can do for you."

Sad but true.

14 years since the last playoff appearance. I'd say the Bills fans have been plenty supportive without receiving much in return. I don't blame fans for not wanting to go to Toronto or sitting in -15 degree weather to watch the Bills be irrelevant.

This is somewhat interesting:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct/order/false

14 years since the last playoff appearance. I'd say the Bills fans have been plenty supportive without receiving much in return. I don't blame fans for not wanting to go to Toronto or sitting in -15 degree weather to watch the Bills be irrelevant.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct/order/false

Wahhhh. I want my game but don't make me go! Problem solved in 6 years, Dork.

Bills are 24th in attendance pct, side by side with three other franchises targeted for moving...Jax, SD and St.L.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Bills are 24th in attendance pct, side by side with three other franchises targeted for moving...Jax, SD and St.L.

Wow. You're a real piece of work. So you're saying that a team's performance should have absolutely no effect on if fans are willing to spend their money AND time on the team?

Unlike you, I'm not willing to make guarantees. But I'm of the opinion that if we put together a legitimate playoff run, you'll see more fan excitement, and thus, more tickets and merchandise sold.

http://espn.go.com/n...Pct/order/false

Agreed. It also helps that are tickets are half the price of most other teams too.

And I'm a huge fan of pulling out. :)

Agreed. It also helps that are tickets are half the price of most other teams too.

And I'm a huge fan of pulling out. :)

Yeah, it always blows my mind when I look at tickets here in DC (or Baltimore). It's almost cheaper for me to come up to Buffalo to see a game, heh.

I guess this is the very rare occasion where I have to applaud Russ Brandon. The franchise just took a major step towards credibility today, and it was a move that was long overdue. I guess it's too much to hope that the poor, misguided fans that somehow wanted this series admit the error of their thinking. Anyways, it's amusing to see the usual gaggle of Chicken Little's out today in full sour grapes mode.

You know it was an embarrassment for the Bills and for Rogers when they came on to announce it at 9 am on the morning of the NHL trade deadline when everyone in Toronto and a huge portion of Buffalo are obsessed with talking pucks.

I find it impossible to believe that the Bills administration wasn't incredibly embarrassed by the sound of the Rogers Center cheering on the Atlanta Falcons in the 4th Quarter and O.T. of our "home" game.

I sure it opened a few reluctant eyes.

As a previous poster put it "winning solves everything".

Home attendance will go up with a successful team..............and those fans who continued to support the Bills through the playoff drought deserve this game back .........and the Bills thanks.

I guess this is the very rare occasion where I have to applaud Russ Brandon. The franchise just took a major step towards credibility today, and it was a move that was long overdue. I guess it's too much to hope that the poor, misguided fans that somehow wanted this series admit the error of their thinking. Anyways, it's amusing to see the usual gaggle of Chicken Little's out today in full sour grapes mode.

I'm glad we got this game back because the Toronto "fans" were generally terrible. That said, I also think it is a major step towards relocation.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

You guys kills me here. With all the crap that's been talked about for the past 7 years about this stupid game in Toronto. We finally cancel it (even if it's just guaranteed for 1 year) and everyone wants to argue about it.

How bout we enjoy this day. Be happy. Don't be a miserable F%#K and just enjoy the "WIN". I don't give two F#%Ks if they move tomorrow. Today, I'm more excited than I've been in a while for this team. It means they are playing one more game a year in MY home stadium. Regardless of they win or lose, I still get to go and enjoy them one more time this year. That's one more tailgate. One more day enjoying beers with guys like Mead, Gugny, Beerball, and Cletus. And one more day I get to show my support, appreciation, and scream my F#%KING face off for a win. We didn't have that for the last few years. Regardless of we have sucked or not, AS A FAN...I MAKE A DIFFERENCE ON SUNDAY. And this year, I get to make a difference in one more game than I have been in years.

Please enjoy this, quit your B#%^HING and just sit back and enjoy a win for once.

Jesus, this place makes me want to punch a baby at times.

Wow. You're a real piece of work. So you're saying that a team's performance should have absolutely no effect on if fans are willing to spend their money AND time on the team?

Unlike you, I'm not willing to make guarantees. But I'm of the opinion that if we put together a legitimate playoff run, you'll see more fan excitement, and thus, more tickets and merchandise sold.

All I'm saying is if you're a fan, act like one. If you hate the Toronto game, don't stay home in December.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Our numbers for 2013 are a total for 15 games brainiac. Add in a theoretical 8th home game to those numbers and you'll see where they really fall. It's not great, but at least it's better than what that report states.