Bills to pull out of Toronto deal per Mark Gaughan

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Now i got to pay for another game. Sucks

I'd rather the Bills keep the 75mil and play one less game at home.

I don't know if this is sarcasm and considering there is no verifiable indication that it is in fact sarcasm, I'll assume it is not and that you're serious....in fairness of full disclosure, I am not a season ticket holder...that said, I hated watching the BILLS home game in Toronto on TV...and no I wasn't there, but if we want the BILLS to be a winning organization, then they need to keep their home games...well, HOME! Now, the NFL is mandating this global NFL experience so games are outsourced to London requiring one team to forfeit a home game, but that's a bit different in that the NFL is making those decisions....second, it's not like those teams will go to London every year (unless you're the Jags) so it shouldn't be on-going...you're entitled to feel however you want and be displeased with paying for an extra game, but then...don't be a season ticket holder and simply pay for the games you WANT to attend, however many that may be....I for one, live a pretty good distance away and prefer to watch the game in high-def, my beer is my own, my food is my own and I can stay warm when it's cold and cool in September when....ya, it never really gets hot, but you get the point....either way, my point is most of us fans WANTED the Toronto series to be killed because we love seeing the BILLS play in home unis at the Ralph and to see that home crowd cheer....and this season for sure, playing at HOME made a real difference in their record....

Having trouble posting link from my phone. This is per mark gaughan of buffalo news on twitter

All 8 games at the ralph this year

@JeremyWGR: WGR has learned the #Bills will not play in Toronto this year. The series is not totally dead (*yet), more details later

And russ was quoted as saying that the Bills will incorporate all sorts of media exposure for the Rogers group and increase visibility through a canada center, and more advertising. Hmmmm...... That philosophy just sounds strangely familiar to me, I wonder where i could have possibly heard that before...........

No..... wait...... let me get it.........

OHHHHHhhhhhhh yes..... that's right, silly me.... I posted such comments here over the last 6 years to the tune of somewhere around 47,316 times. I'm glad the marketing genius finally read one of them. look in my post history and you'll find probably half of what I post was a reply to that effect lol. That or defending my position on the crappi-ness of Micheal Vick, or how I'd take Freddy Jackson over LeastMode.

I know this abomination isn't dead yet, and I'm sure they're just taking a break while they build some steam, but for now I will enjoy this one. I'll put my feet up on my foot stool, cross my legs, fold my hands behind my head and with as much smugness I can muster, repeatedly say "I told you So"

You WNY residents better buy some more season tickets and sell out all 8 games this season. OBD stepped up now you need to reward them with dollars.

Yeah, that'll happen. Put me on record now, that game is blacked out.

PTR

So let me get this straight...

The same fans that claimed last year that the team lost the Atlanta game because the home field advantage wasn't there are now going to pull the "I'm not buying tickets if we aren't winning" act?

Many folks asked (screamed even) for the chance to get the home field advantage back. Well, we've got it, so let's act like we want it.

If we truly believe that home field is that important, then let's not put the cart before the horse. "I'll go if they win" vs "they'll win if I go"...last year it seemed many fans claimed the latter...it would be a shame if those same fans now plead the former as their case.

Edited by thebandit27

I don't know if this is sarcasm and considering there is no verifiable indication that it is in fact sarcasm, I'll assume it is not and that you're serious....in fairness of full disclosure, I am not a season ticket holder...that said, I hated watching the BILLS home game in Toronto on TV...and no I wasn't there, but if we want the BILLS to be a winning organization, then they need to keep their home games...well, HOME! Now, the NFL is mandating this global NFL experience so games are outsourced to London requiring one team to forfeit a home game, but that's a bit different in that the NFL is making those decisions....second, it's not like those teams will go to London every year (unless you're the Jags) so it shouldn't be on-going...you're entitled to feel however you want and be displeased with paying for an extra game, but then...don't be a season ticket holder and simply pay for the games you WANT to attend, however many that may be....I for one, live a pretty good distance away and prefer to watch the game in high-def, my beer is my own, my food is my own and I can stay warm when it's cold and cool in September when....ya, it never really gets hot, but you get the point....either way, my point is most of us fans WANTED the Toronto series to be killed because we love seeing the BILLS play in home unis at the Ralph and to see that home crowd cheer....and this season for sure, playing at HOME made a real difference in their record....

So your critizing a guy for buying season tickets & then saying he does not want to spend for another game(a game in December that is all but a glorified preseason game) but go on record as saying you don't even go to the games & then making a stupid comment saying it never gets hot here in September. Look at some of the past Bills games early in the season. It gets plenty hot here especially if your on the sun side. You wouldn't know anything about that though would ya since you don't go to the games. I am glad the series is over to but my second thought when I heard this was "great, now I got to pay for another meaningless December game that I won't even attend & probably can't even give the ticket away when the Bills enter the final month of the season at their usual 4-8. Don't be so critical of people. Everybody has their different reasons different philosophies on home games & at least this guy supports the team & puts his money where his mouth is unlike you.

We've awarded them with plenty of dollars. We're owed wins and playoffs. After all the BS over the past 10 years, we've given them enough dollars without matching wins.

You WNY residents better buy some more season tickets and sell out all 8 games this season. OBD stepped up now you need to reward them with dollars.

Any of the last three games. Probably all three. Even if we are in the playoff hunt. You can bookmark this post and pull it out in 9 months. I'm standing by it.

It is going to be a pretty exciting day for you if the Bills finally get moved to another city.

The thousands of opinions you've posted about how crappy the fans are around here for not correctly supporting the team will finally be validated.

So let me get this straight...

The same fans that claimed last year that the team lost the Atlanta game because the home field advantage wasn't there are now going to pull the "I'm not buying tickets if we aren't winning" act?

Many folks asked (screamed even) for the chance to get the home field advantage back. Well, we've got it, so let's act like we want it.

If we truly believe that home field is that important, then let's not put the cart before the horse. "I'll go if they win" vs "they'll win if I go"...last year it seemed many fans claimed the latter...it would be a shame if those same fans now plead the former as their case.

Its clear from reading many of the posts here...many are all about what the team can do for them. They are not supporters, only takers. Pretty much a microcosm of society at large.

"Ask not what you can do for your team, but what your team can do for you."

Sad but true.

We've awarded them with plenty of dollars. We're owed wins and playoffs. After all the BS over the past 10 years, we've given them enough dollars without matching wins.

I couldn't possibly disagree more. You pay to see games, and for the privilege of having a local team, not for wins. The team owes you nothing more than putting on a game. If you do not like the quality of the product on the field, you have plenty of options to voice your displeasure including stopping financial support if you like. But the Buffalo Bills do not owe it's fans any more than they currently provide.

So your critizing a guy for buying season tickets & then saying he does not want to spend for another game(a game in December that is all but a glorified preseason game) but go on record as saying you don't even go to the games & then making a stupid comment saying it never gets hot here in September. Look at some of the past Bills games early in the season. It gets plenty hot here especially if your on the sun side. You wouldn't know anything about that though would ya since you don't go to the games. I am glad the series is over to but my second thought when I heard this was "great, now I got to pay for another meaningless December game that I won't even attend & probably can't even give the ticket away when the Bills enter the final month of the season at their usual 4-8. Don't be so critical of people. Everybody has their different reasons different philosophies on home games & at least this guy supports the team & puts his money where his mouth is unlike you.

Yes there are a million reasons. But if there never was a Toronto series you'd be buying 10 tickets anyway. If that's a burden the for WNY fans then maybe we can't really support a team?

Fans should really pay more attention to the ticking time bomb that the Bills new lease actually is. Odds are the team moves at year 7 so everyone complaining about going to Bills games in December, your problem will be solved.

Enjoy the team while you can.

Ah, so Bills fans suck period.

Might as well move the team to LA, then.

Well like I just posted, that will likely happen. The team is on the clock, Dork.

Edited by PromoTheRobot