Bills to pull out of Toronto deal per Mark Gaughan

The transcript of the meeting...

Buffalo: We want you to pay us more money to keep playing here.

Toronto: Ah, No thank you.

Buffalo: We can't win games in Toronto.

Toronto: That's because your team sucks.

Buffalo: Buffalo fans won't make the trip

Toronto: That's because they are cheap and your team sucks.

Buffalo: There are more fans for the opposing team.

Toronto: What did we just say?

Buffalo: Your mayor is an embarrassment when he wore the Bills Jersey

Toronto: It doesn't matter whose jersey he is wearing.

Buffalo: We will give you some space at the Ralph with Port-o-potties

Toronto: At least we would use port-o-potties.

Buffalo: We suck so bad you should pay us not to play in Toronto.

Toronto: You've got something there, how much we talking?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, so then you live here in town and still don't go to games??? That's fine if you do to enjoy the atmosphere, but don't complain you can't watch a game then of it's not sold out. If there are tickets available, then you have no excuse to not watch games if they are not on TV.

I live in Rochester so when games do not sell out I do get blacked out.

The only thing I complain about is that I disagree with the NFL being able to dictate games being blacked out when they get financial assistance and special treatment (monopoly) from government. If they weren't on the take and decided to blackout games for whatever reason I'd be fine with that as it is their business and can conduct it as they see fit.

But your ratings comment makes much more sense when you think of people outside of WNY.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I live in Rochester so when games do not sell out I do get blacked out.

The only thing I complain about is that I disagree with the NFL being able to dictate games being blacked out when they get financial assistance from government. If they weren't on the take and decided to blackout games for whatever reason I'd be fine with that as it is their business and can conduct it as they see fit.

But your ratings comment makes much more sense when you think of people outside of WNY.

that was my reasoning. Thought you lived outside the area and were expecting a game in TV because it's a "big deal" to the NFL.

Still no excuse to miss any games tho. You could always go if you fear losing a game to blackout.

Regarding the blackout issue, another argument all together. Personally, I agree with you. In today's day in media and the NFL, there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to watch every single game. Especially with ticket prices as outrageous as they are across the league. But thems the breaks.

Still no excuse to miss any games tho. You could always go if you fear losing a game to blackout.

I don't fear it. It is just something that we enjoy as a family, watching the game without commercials while we eat dinner.

But buying tickets for everyone then spending the entire day there isn't practical for us.

Regarding the blackout issue, another argument all together. Personally, I agree with you. In today's day in media and the NFL, there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to watch every single game. Especially with ticket prices as outrageous as they are across the league. But thems the breaks.

Yup it is what it is until someone in government grows a pair and stops it ;)

I'm a Jays fan and love the take one of my favorite Jays blogs has on the announcement at: Drunk Jays Fans

"...if they had any sense about them, both the Bills and Rogers would see fit to taking this opportunity to finally smother this miserable stinking turd of an experiment to death. I mean, the “Toronto Bills” makes about as much sense as the “Milwaukee Packers,” and I’m pretty sure a big part of why the city had so little interest in the games — apart from ticket prices set in direct relation to the arrogance from Rogers that this was going to be an unequivocal smash — is that it’s just so utterly distasteful to want to steal what seems to an outsider like a pretty seriously important cultural institution in the city of Buffalo, and one that’s so deeply woven into the fabric of their identity. Or maybe I’d just like to think that’s part of it, because… seriously, f%ck us (read: Rogers) for even trying."

Edited by jimmyo

I'm a Jays fan and love the take one of my favorite Jays blogs has on the announcement at: Drunk Jays Fans

"...if they had any sense about them, both the Bills and Rogers would see fit to taking this opportunity to finally smother this miserable stinking turd of an experiment to death. I mean, the “Toronto Bills” makes about as much sense as the “Milwaukee Packers,” and I’m pretty sure a big part of why the city had so little interest in the games — apart from ticket prices set in direct relation to the arrogance from Rogers that this was going to be an unequivocal smash — is that it’s just so utterly distasteful to want to steal what seems to an outsider like a pretty seriously important cultural institution in the city of Buffalo, and one that’s so deeply woven into the fabric of their identity. Or maybe I’d just like to think that’s part of it, because… seriously, f%ck us (read: Rogers) for even trying."

:thumbsup:

I don't fear it. It is just something that we enjoy as a family, watching the game without commercials while we eat dinner.

But buying tickets for everyone then spending the entire day there isn't practical for us.

Yup it is what it is until someone in government grows a pair and stops it ;)

as a family, I see it not being practical. I understand your point. Won't argue that. As I said before, I know friends that refuse to go to games even if I give them a free ticket and pay for their tailgating. It's just the way they are. Don't like the atmosphere. And that's fine too.

As far as the blackouts go. Your absolutely right. The government or the NFL needs to stand up and grow a pair. Personally, with tickets as much as they are for other teams, there's no reason why they shouldn't televise every game. They have the technology to do it. The cable and satellite companies all want it. Just give it to the fans. The games will sell out regardless anyway. The NFL is such a big product that it doesn't matter anymore.

Edited by mrags

Having trouble posting link from my phone. This is per mark gaughan of buffalo news on twitter

All 8 games at the ralph this year

@JeremyWGR: WGR has learned the #Bills will not play in Toronto this year. The series is not totally dead (*yet), more details later

Thank God, hopefully they cancel all together.

I'd much rather see the Bills play 8 homes games at the Ralph.

If the Bills are looking to expand their base why not play a Pre Season game at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. The Bills should play the Giants in a empire state battle.

Love that!

You WNY residents better buy some more season tickets and sell out all 8 games this season. OBD stepped up now you need to reward them with dollars.

Hah, this is how low Bills' fans expectations have fallen. Now they're just happy to have all their home games played in their home stadium.

According to CBSSPORTS. com Jason La Canfora believes its only a matter of time before the Bills are playing in Toronto on a regular basis. :death:

http://www.cbssports...series-for-2014

The Toronto Bills...

Buffalo fans, buying season tickets this year isn't going to stop all that money up north from buying the team when Wilson passes. There are so many entities that want an NFL team, and that have so much more money then local folks, and think they could pull off a Jerry Jones by turning this franchise into a 2 billion dollar Org.

Lets not forget that good old Ralphie has already stated the sale of the team goes to the highest bidder. He already bought his way into the HoF, so what does he care if western NY hates him when he is gone.

Edited by FeartheLosing