If the Bills won all 4 Super Bowls.....

Not for me, but I think the media would rank him higher on the list. Of course, I think that if the Bills had been winning Super Bowls, I do not think they would have gone to 4 straight. I think the hunger of losing in the big game was a large driver in them getting back.

He would surely be considered as the best playoffs/postseason QB.

He'd certainly be up there in the discussions with Montana & Brady. The team would have been considered a dynasty. People would have hated the Bills like we hate the Patriots now.

I agree with VirginiaMike, too. I don't know if they make it to 4 in a row if Norwood's kick isn't as far right as it was.

If Kate upton was in my bedroom.

I'll tell her to put down the Cheetos. :nana:

But this is why it is silly to give QBs all the credit for wins and losses. Kelly was a very average at best playoff QB. The year Peyton won the SB, he threw 6 ints and was worse than he was this year in the playoffs. Russell Wilson was far from the reason the Seahawks won the SB.

I love Kelly but no, he won't be considered the greatest. He'd be thought of like Bradshaw. HOF Qb who was surrounded by an all time great team.

Yes. Winning 4 in a row? There is no discussion. Right now you have Montana, Bradshaw, Brady and Aikman with 3-4 wins each. Next tier is Elway, Kelly, Manning etc. Sure you can say Rothlesburger won 2 superbowls but clearly he wasn't the main reason and his regular season stats suck.

He would definitely be in the conversation, Montana remains in conversation because he won 4. After the SuperBowl loss, I would rank the top 5 as follows: (1) Brady (2) Montana (3) Manning (4) Marino (5) tie Elway / Bradshaw / Aikman

I know he's a god in Texas but Aikman is up there for most overrated QBs ever. 165 tds, 141 ints, 81.6 QB rating, threw over 20 tds in a season once, never had more than 3,500 yards passing in a season. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm He was a good playoff QB but he is the definition of being in the right place at teh right time. Those Cowboys' teams were beyond loaded.

Anyone who won four superbowls in a row would be a contender for the greatest qb of all time. If Trent Dilfer won three more superbowls HE would be in the running for the greatest quarterback of all time. If Eli Manning wins four more superbowls HE will be in the running for the best qb of all time. If CJ Spiller gets 2000 yards per season for the next four years will he be the greatest running back of all time? Kelly was a great qb (hall of fame) and he certainly is in the running for one of the top ten of all time, but not the greatest. That is why I've got Otto Graham as the greatest year in and year out and especially in big games great.

Anyone who won four superbowls in a row would be a contender for the greatest qb of all time. If Trent Dilfer won three more superbowls HE would be in the running for the greatest quarterback of all time. If Eli Manning wins four more superbowls HE will be in the running for the best qb of all time. If CJ Spiller gets 2000 yards per season for the next four years will he be the greatest running back of all time? Kelly was a great qb (hall of fame) and he certainly is in the running for one of the top ten of all time, but not the greatest. That is why I've got Otto Graham as the greatest year in and year out and especially in big games great.

Stop yelling at me!

it's so hard to have this discussion in football. there are so many factors that go into winning a single game it becomes unfair to put it all on the QB - whether it's a win or a loss. Putting it all on the QB (win or lose) is just lazy reporting/commentating. It's easy to do and that's why it's done and it makes for great radio/television.

What a fantasy! But I'll play... If Kelly won all four he'd be a legend. He'd become the epitome of playoff success, the role model of big game performance. People would say things like, "Manning is a great QB but when it comes to big games, he's no Jim Kelly." We'd hear Kelly's name in all kinds of conversations. But Kelly still wouldn't be greatest of all time. Regular seasons matter. And as much as I respect Kelly's skills, there are other guys who are more accurate, read defenses better, etc.

Agree they would not have made 4 straight, but on the hypothetical question... I'd say he'd be in the conversation. Too hard to choose though... I'd have to eventually say no because he didn't have the crazy stats, but he'd be up there.

Kelly

Montana

Brady

Manning

Elway

Unitas

Marino

Favre

I can't stop... but he'd be in that argument for sure. If I had to chose I still think Manning is the best.

Agree they would not have made 4 straight, but on the hypothetical question... I'd say he'd be in the conversation. Too hard to choose though... I'd have to eventually say no because he didn't have the crazy stats, but he'd be up there.

Kelly

Montana

Brady

Manning

Elway

Unitas

Marino

Favre

I can't stop... but he'd be in that argument for sure. If I had to chose I still think Manning is the best.

This. And its been true for years.

He would definitely be in the conversation, Montana remains in conversation because he won 4. After the SuperBowl loss, I would rank the top 5 as follows: (1) Brady (2) Montana (3) Manning (4) Marino (5) tie Elway / Bradshaw / Aikman

Why is it that everyone keeps putting Marino in the top five and leaving out Kelly? I saw them head to head on many occasions and in each and every game Kelly outperformed Marino. He was clearly the better QB between the two. Marino has numbers because he played his entire career in the NFL where Kelly had that USFL stint. I think Marino was a great QB, but if you include him in the top 5, Kelly has at least got to be in the discussion.

Why is it that everyone keeps putting Marino in the top five and leaving out Kelly? I saw them head to head on many occasions and in each and every game Kelly outperformed Marino. He was clearly the better QB between the two. Marino has numbers because he played his entire career in the NFL where Kelly had that USFL stint. I think Marino was a great QB, but if you include him in the top 5, Kelly has at least got to be in the discussion.

I usually use Marino as my last QB in the top group and Kelly as the first QB in the next group. Marino makes it by a hair just because of all the records he set.

4 straight and 4 wins

How could they not.?!

No other team has reached 4 straight and in FA no team may never do it again.

Not for me, but I think the media would rank him higher on the list. Of course, I think that if the Bills had been winning Super Bowls, I do not think they would have gone to 4 straight. I think the hunger of losing in the big game was a large driver in them getting back.

There was no other real competition except for Marino. So IMO yes they would have.

ok I'll play along...

If Kelly wins all 4 games he would be top 5.

I would pick Kelly over Aikman any day of the week. Even with the 3 Bowls Aikman won. Dallas had a bomb squad, they were deep everywhere and I don't think anybody would have beaten them the years they beat us.

I would have been happy with just one.

But you have to win 4 AFC titles to get to the Super Bowl and they did it 4 years in a row. Think about how great a run that was.

nobody has done it since. It still is an amazing thing to me and I'm glad all of us was able to see it happen.

I think Kelly always had a better supporting cast. No one seemed to have better accutacy than Marino. His passing touch was outstanding

I think Kelly always had a better supporting cast. No one seemed to have better accutacy than Marino. His passing touch was outstanding

Thing about Marino was his lightning fast release, very hard to defend.

True Kelly had the better cast around him. If Miami had a better running game they could have giving the Bills a much harder time.

Thing about Marino was his lightning fast release, very hard to defend.

True Kelly had the better cast around him. If Miami had a better running game they could have giving the Bills a much harder time.

Passing leaders often do not have a run game. That's why no passing leader (#1) has won the SB.

If the Bills won all 4 Super Bowls, then yes, it would have been the greatest team of all time and Jim Kelly would have been the greatest QB of all time.

Not even a debate. He led an innovative offense that consistently was at the top of the league in offensive statistics. He called plays at the line. He led comebacks, won division titles, won AFC titles. Would have been the only QB ever to win 4 super bowls in a row.

Edited by dubs

If the Bills won all 4 Super Bowls, then yes, it would have been the greatest team of all time and Jim Kelly would have been the greatest QB of all time.

Not even a debate. He led an innovative offense that consistently was at the top of the league in offensive statistics. He called plays at the line. He led comebacks, won division titles, won AFC titles. Would have been the only QB ever to win 4 super bowls in a row.

well actually keeping the wins and keeping other criteria similar

Jimbo did get hurt in 1 and Frank stepped in. so Frank would get the save and the Victory

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever