Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

You are calling A Williams a new player...not a new player...Carrington started until he got injured; then Branch came on...Would Branch have played to same under another coach or was it Pettine and the scheme? How would any of these newer starters performed under a different scheme and not Pettine and his hires for our D? You try to take the otehr side to say that it is more on the players than the coaches...That is not necessarily the case...

My point is who else on this staff will leave and who else can run this Scheme? Henderson does not impress me; another 'Cuse hire does not either. Aside from Wade all that is out there is not much...

You can try to point to the players all that you want, but Pettine is a huge reason for them playing better.

This is hilarious. Was A Williams the new strong safety or not? Was the ENTIRE LB corp new to their position on the team or not? Was that Kyle Moore I saw lined up at DE last season?

I've heard of intractability, but you take it to new heights.

I'll point to the players all day long. You may think they're all clueless, no-talent scrubs but I don't. Teams lose DCs all the time to better opportunities and their former teams carry on. I'm gonna continue to root for them. Sorry you can't do that.

Cleveland's always looking for new fans though. Gotta be some good deals on a Pettine Fathead.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pettine and the schemes had the biggest impact.....

It is a huge loss for this team. Our SS is not new either...Branch came in when Carrington went down. Guarantee if he didn't play under Pettine and his scheme he would have had a Mark Anderson impact for us...

You honestly can't say that Pettine was a huge impact. They players on our D didn't turn over that much...

Imagine if our players are really good, wanny really bad and pettine just an average DC- possible?

Imagine if our players are really good, wanny really bad and pettine just an average DC- possible?

That would be outstanding; just don't really buy into that. We went hardcore after this guy last year. Yes the players we added were nice, but you can have the best players in the world and a crap scheme and they will play like crap. If Pettine leaves, which he does deserve an HC shot; I am very curious to see who we go after. I am not holding my breathe...

Every year I jump in a always look at the positive; just not too much into that right now with this team...I need to see the baby

That would be outstanding; just don't really buy into that. We went hardcore after this guy last year. Yes the players we added were nice, but you can have the best players in the world and a crap scheme and they will play like crap. If Pettine leaves, which he does deserve an HC shot; I am very curious to see who we go after. I am not holding my breathe...

Every year I jump in a always look at the positive; just not too much into that right now with this team...I need to see the baby

Agreed. Like you said, this is only 1 year in this system. If it were at least 3 years into it,, i would feel better about plugging in a DC than now. I am shocked that after one year, pettine has a good shot to go to a HC Job after the bills went 6-10. Brown's are really screwing things up. They were crazy to fire their coach so quickly.

This is hilarious. Was A Williams the new strong safety or not? Was the ENTIRE LB corp new to their position on the team or not? Was that Kyle Moore I saw lined up at DE last season?

I've heard of intractability, but you take it to new heights.

I'll point to the players all day long. You may think they're all clueless, no-talent scrubs but I don't. Teams lose DCs all the time to better opportunities and their former teams carry on. I'm gonna continue to root for them. Sorry you can't do that.

Cleveland's always looking for new fans though. Gotta be some good deals on a Pettine Fathead.

GO BILLS!!!

Not sure if I can speak for Reed83, but what I got from his posts, I think he was saying the coaches are responsible for putting these players in a position to excel. Sure, Aaron Williams played DB for the Bills last season, but Pettine was the one who had him at SS from day 1. Aaron Williams is not necessarily a new player, he's a holdover who was put in a better position to excel. Leodis was in the doghouse last season, a starter this season. Same player, same position, better scheme. It's true, players play the game, coaches coach, but if a coordinator doesn't know how to maximize the strengths, or skillsets of his men, then it doesn't matter who's out there on the field.

Agreed. Like you said, this is only 1 year in this system. If it were at least 3 years into it,, i would feel better about plugging in a DC than now. I am shocked that after one year, pettine has a good shot to go to a HC Job after the bills went 6-10. Brown's are really screwing things up. They were crazy to fire their coach so quickly.

In all honesty, that is where my main concern is. I think most knew that Pettine would be an HC candidate when we hired him. Even if it was after next season; I wouldn't be as concerned. 1 year in and you lose the guy who is installing it; it isn't all taught etc; yeah that is a big deal. If we were the Pats, Cowboys, Giants, Ravens, etc - wouldn't be as concerned. We have had a hard time bringing players and coaches in, it is late in the off season for hiring new DCs and is there someone out there as a position coach who knows this D that we can bring in and finish installing it? Or is it a one and done and we start over again and waste more time on what may every well be a limited time remaining in Buffalo?

Not being doom and gloom; but I am not ready to throw all of eggs and hopes in the players basket....

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland plain dealer reporting no offer was made to Pettine tonight

again, Cleveland reporters. Ha. A makeup lady as a sports reporter! And they even have ESPN Cleveland? The Browns, Cavs, and Braves suck!

Cleveland, the mistake by the lake! At least they're not Detroit!

Edited by jboyst62

WKYC in Cleveland reporting that no offer was made over dinner tonight - fingers crossed that he's staying...

https://twitter.com/...842300619472896

https://twitter.com/...841708438671360

https://twitter.com/...842116271828992

ok disregard the comment about Mary Kay. She looks good and doesn't seem to think the word "no" is worth including/remembering! She is my kind of girl.