Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that someone from the Ryan/Pettine tree makes sense for continuity, but Henderson has not been effective as a DC in the past. I would be very concerned if it was Henderson, the Syracuse DC (which I hope is a joke), or Pepper Johnson (no experience as a DC).

The Buffalo PaulaAbduls: one step forward and two steps back

It would be better for both Clevelnd and Buffalo if they merged franchises and played in Erie. Change the name, everything. The Rust Belt Blizzards

Edited by dubs

I can't believe the lack of respect for the players on this defense. It's almost as though they had nothing to do with their performance last season.

GO BILLS!!!

These are the same players who played on Wanny's D...that was a great D

Also the same players on Edwards vaunted D before that...

This is like waiting four your girl to break up with you...you know it's coming...

Edited by reed83 4th Rounder

Ok.

So we are about to lose probably our best coach. Call me a debbie downer but I have absolutely 0 confidence in Doug Marrone/Nate Hacket to rite the ship. Jesus, its only January and the Bills are already screwed next season.

I have more confidence in Marrone than many here and I don't really think that Hacket did a bad job with a rookie QB and mostly rookie WRs, but losing Pettine will be a big blow (IMHO) and while I would rather not see a candidate from outside come in and change things, I don't see anyone on the current staff capable of running the D.

To someone else's point, the players in most cases are more important than the coaches, but you can see that the defense improved under Pettine compared to the abysmal effort by mostly the same players under the previous coach.

These are the same players who played on Wanny's D...that was a great D

Also the same players on Edwards vaunted D before that,,,,

Disagree. All new LBs, new SS, new RDE, entirely new schemes.

But hey, if you need to feed your pessimism, have at it.

GO BILLS!!!

Looks more and more like a done deal. This person apparently has a good track record among Browns fans on Twitter.

[/background][/font][/color]

That same twitter feed said this morning that Quinn was a done deal. Also, Haslam has been in on all interviews, so don't need to all out panic. Just a controlled panic.

I'm a little dumbfounded that Pettine doesn't feel he has more than the Cleveland offer in his back pocket. Win with Buffalo and improve that run defense next season and you probably have your pick of any job out there.

The two #1s help, and they have a lot of talent, but it's all tied to that dumbsh-- of an owner.

Eh... It's a setback if true, but it's an obstacle Marrone should be able to get over. It's not like Pettine is Vince Lombardi.

Whaley and Marrone have work to do. They better step up and do it right

Disagree. All new LBs, new SS, new RDE, entirely new schemes.

But hey, if you need to feed your pessimism, have at it.

GO BILLS!!!

Pettine and the schemes had the biggest impact.....

It is a huge loss for this team. Our SS is not new either...Branch came in when Carrington went down. Guarantee if he didn't play under Pettine and his scheme he would have had a Mark Anderson impact for us...

You honestly can't say that Pettine was a huge impact. They players on our D didn't turn over that much...

If he gets hired by Cleveland, it will be the most upset and dejected Ive been by this loser team in the last 10 years.

If you dont think Pettine will be a huge loss and a fantastic hire for Cleveland, just go on twitter right now and see how many of them are super stoked about the hire.

Why couldn't we be imaginative and hired him last year? Because we thought a guy who says Obviously 100 times in a convo would be the answer.

Im so bummed

Edited by develop818